Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 6:06 PM
I eventually did think of one: I actually like the Ottomas family.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I hack my creature-related want trees and roll for the traits when creating CAS sims or making NPCs playable.

So that sims don't roll wants/fears about becoming and/or curing sims with supernatural traits?
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 6:43 PM
I like them too! I think it's darling that a Romance and Family sim can love each other so much the way Peter and Samantha do. Hell, in one of my hoods, the spiky-haired Romance dormie girl Marie Wendel married one of my Family sims. It's kinda neat how they can still double-bolt (though her massive attraction perk doesn't hurt).

And yes, I do edit the want trees to prevent the cure wants and turn fears - otherwise, those pesky wants and fears just clog up the slots. But yeah, I often warn anyone who may be interested in hacking the want trees to make flippin' backups of the wanttrees package and make sure you know what you're doing. GOSH!
Mad Poster
#29 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
And yes, I do edit the want trees to prevent the cure wants and turn fears - otherwise, those pesky wants and fears just clog up the slots. But yeah, I often warn anyone who may be interested in hacking the want trees to make flippin' backups of the wanttrees package and make sure you know what you're doing. GOSH!

How did you know how to do it? I would love to have edited want trees so that those wants didn't show up in my game, as I also play with inherited/genetic supernaturals. Are edited want tree packages shareable?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 7:30 PM
@JDacapo - you should make a tutorial on how to edit want trees. I'm really curious now.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#31 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 8:06 PM
I don't and to not intend to play vampires or zombies but don't mind aliens and had a couple of witches (damn knowledge Sims).

I don't like the premade maxi hoods and only played Strangetown. I sorted them out until everyone was so happy that I had to stop.

As for Bella Goth - who is she again? (I love the Ottomas family and all the bin Sims).

Edit: I love townies.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 8:09 PM
Hmm, not really the game itself, but I hate it when Simblrs or LiveJournal simmers make super long, convoluted stories that are sooooo dramatic it makes soap operas look complex. The goofier and funnier stories are more entertaining and fit the atmosphere of the game much better (not just for 2, but for all the games). Even the most popular Sims stories make me groan and roll my eyes with how corny and dramatic they "have to" be.

I also love the Ottomas family.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 8:10 PM
Basically, you go to these want tree items that I have listed here and scroll through them, and if you don't want certain aspirations or age groups to have those fears or wants, then change "True" to "False".

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#34 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I hate toddlers.

What?? No Disagrees?

Dammit

I tried

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#35 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 9:52 PM
Some people hate toddlers, some love them. Over the years, I've learned that people are gonna like things I don't like, and they're gonna hate things I like. It's not gonna affect me or my Sims games. No big deal. I mean, if you hate toddlers, you could avoid downloading the toddler patch for Sims 4 or something, or just quickly age up your toddlers to children. *shrug*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
What?? No Disagrees?

Dammit

I tried

I assume you didn't fully read the first post in this thread

Forum Resident
#37 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 12:03 AM
This game is too hard...
I hate.. Marco Polo.. everything else is wonderful. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#38 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 12:11 AM
I like how people do come up with different mods or ways to customize the Sims 2 to their liking, and the game is so open to being modded in one way or another.
Scholar
#39 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I eventually did think of one: I actually like the Ottomas family.

That was going to be mine! Tommy and David are two of my all-time favourite Sims, but I just enjoy seeing how the family will turn out.

I also like Ricky Cormier. His personality is much better suited to Popularity than to Romance, and once he's changed his aspiration, he's great husband material.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 4:25 AM
I think Ricky Cormier would be a great father just as he is - as soon as he grows up and gets married. I've heard about Romance sims being great parents, and I've had some wonderful Romance parents in my game - like Marie Wendel, the spiky-haired Romance dormie. In one neighbourhood, she actually rolled wants to teach toddler skills to her twin daughters.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 5:03 AM
It's not that I hate toddlers-they're cute under some circumstances. The reason I set them up with toys, self-feeding and automatic beds is that I don't care about training them to do all the normal things-I cheat outrageously at it-give them all their skills the second they grow up, set them in their room with all the necessities of toddler life and wait for them to grow up to children in 3 days.
That's when they become interesting to play, and fully autonomous. They're on their way to becoming pixels!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#42 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 5:54 AM
I do fill their wants to learn toddler skills so they can go platinum, settle them into room with door outside and let them go discover a world. Other skills are not necessary.
Link Ninja
#43 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 6:51 AM
Are the agrees in this thread meant to be "I agree *with* this unpopular opinion" or "I agree that this *is* an unpopular opinion"?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 9:00 AM
Don Lothario is an excellent husband/parent material. In one of my hoods, he had gotten married to Brandi Broke, and he was the best husband/step-father/father ever.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 9:41 AM
I had many romance sims being great parents. One married Tara Kat (family). They had two bolts. He really wanted it.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 9:58 AM
Omygosh! I just wish that there wasn't such an attraction penalty with Romance/Family pairings. I think that their attraction should at least be neutral. Romance chemistry should probably be neutral to all except Grilled Cheese because well... Grilled Cheese sims tend to be rather... obsessed over a certain food. Are there any mods that would neutralize the bad chemistry and make the Romance sims more potent players?
Mad Poster
#48 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 10:27 AM
They need to have similar character and turn-ons match exactly. No mods needed.
Maximum aspiration attraction penalty is only -35. It can be easily compensated with other things.

And my opinion from base game (it wasn't changed 12 years):
Family sims are bigger whores than romance sims.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#49 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I assume you didn't fully read the first post in this thread

You know very well that if someone uses the word 'disagree' in a post, especially if they say 'please don't use the disagree button' that the post will accrue disagree clicks. Your own OP shows that quite clearly. Anyway, I was aiming for something I thought would provoke but it seems people really dislike toddlers (I don't btw).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#50 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 10:48 AM
I don't know which of you is joking more now... but I am having a good laugh. I'm also having a good laugh at one of my born-in-game male sims getting probeded. He didn't get preggers though since he and his wife are fostering the Newsons.
Page 2 of 17