Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chinese set "Shanghai" - Bedroom Update [15/07/2017]

by AdeLanaSP Posted 22nd Jun 2017 at 12:21 PM - Updated 27th Sep 2020 at 2:48 PM by AdeLanaSP

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 12:40 PM
Looks exquisite! A lovely addition to what you have already done!
Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 2:34 PM
AdeLana, this whole set is beautiful. I really adore the supporting pieces you've included, like the jewelry box. You always do such wonderful detail pieces for your sets. And the artwork in this is especially lovely!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 3:31 PM
Thank you for this work of great finesse, superb!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 5:47 AM
Beautiful!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 6:40 AM
Adore the Living Room so lots of hugs for this bedroom now. If there is more to come in this theme I may have to have a new neighborhood.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 3:39 PM
This is a beautiful set. Thankyou! If you plan to keep going with this theme, I can't wait to see the dining room! (May I make a cheeky request? Would you consider making dining room tables in multiple sizes for use in restaurants, and perhaps some booth recolors too? I have a Chinese restaurant in my town which is at present kind of dull looking, as the Chan family is just starting out. But when they move up the ladder a bit I'd love for them to have some really nice decorating options. This set would be perfect.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 4:11 PM
Thank you for making such prettiness!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 7:11 PM
More pretties! Can you make a Chinese wedding bed? I would love to have one for my game! See here: http://www.mahjongtreasures.com/wp-...06/IMG_1451.jpg and here: http://www.easytourchina.com/images...154_thumb_b.jpg
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 8:26 PM
Thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments!

Laurcleve, I plan to make a dining room in the future. I can make tables of different sizes (1x1, 2x2, 1x2). I do not plan to do repainting for these sets yet.

child_of_air, I am currently busy creating the continuation of the set "Shanghai" and do not plan to create other furniture in the Asian style. The bed that you can like to look at here .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 5:02 AM
谢谢
I am looking forward to any continuation of anything you've made so far.
很好
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 3:09 PM
Beautiful set! And the collection folder is much appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:38 PM
Very Nice!! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 4:08 PM
Thank you for uploading the meshes and whatnot from the dead websites :D
A lot of creators are long gone from here and never return to give us the missing objects.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 5:49 PM
Lovey set, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 8:53 PM
A beautiful set. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 10:49 AM
thanks
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 12:05 AM
Thank You, for this Shanghai set, it will work in My all Asians Neighborhood.
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 5:11 AM
Hi! I love your works but sadly it's only for TS2. I've been looking for chinese stuffs like this for TS3 but I only found a few. I hope you could make a version for TS3. Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by von_hatred
Hi! I love your works but sadly it's only for TS2. I've been looking for chinese stuffs like this for TS3 but I only found a few. I hope you could make a version for TS3. Thanks!

I'm not at all familiar with creativity in the Sims 3. Alas, I had this version of the game was only 2 months.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 8:09 PM
Thanks again for lovely set. Would like to put on the sight that I belong to, www.simfansuk.com Lady Angel is the sight owner, she is also a creator here at MTS, Please let me know if it is okay, It is not a paid sight, it is a donation sight, Please and thank you in advance for set
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 4:47 AM
Lovely set, thanks a bunch!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 8:14 PM
Houston we have a problem!
@AdeLanaSP set is really beautiful but it isn't base game compatible, sad for me because I'd love to have all your Asian sets in my game, I installed it and game crashed to desktop when loading, removed its folder and all got back to normal, it could be due to a file/object calling a function/behavior that is specific to an expansion pack, maybe pets as I have suspicions about the beds, I'll try to fix it for myself and as soon I have a solution I will report my results to you by PM or by post, please let me know what you prefer, it will take some time as there are a lot of files to check, in any case the solution/fix that is good for me, would not be good for everybody, then by now, I'd recommend you to add a warning to the post, letting people know that it requires at least an expansion pack to work well, when I get my fixes, if you like the idea, you can have 2 versions available for download, the one already available and another one, base game compatible.
Best regards!

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jotaerre
Houston we have a problem!
@AdeLanaSP set is really beautiful but it isn't base game compatible, sad for me because I'd love to have all your Asian sets in my game, I installed it and game crashed to desktop when loading, removed its folder and all got back to normal, it could be due to a file/object calling a function/behavior that is specific to an expansion pack, maybe pets as I have suspicions about the beds, I'll try to fix it for myself and as soon I have a solution I will report my results to you by PM or by post, please let me know what you prefer, it will take some time as there are a lot of files to check, in any case the solution/fix that is good for me, would not be good for everybody, then by now, I'd recommend you to add a warning to the post, letting people know that it requires at least an expansion pack to work well, when I get my fixes, if you like the idea, you can have 2 versions available for download, the one already available and another one, base game compatible.
Best regards!

Thanks for letting me know about the bug.
I always try to make objects based on the base game, however some objects still take functions from addons (I didn't think about that). You are probably right about the beds, and although I used the beds from the base game, they have functions for animals (claw claws), since I have all the addons and catalogs.
I will write a warning for the players.
You can write to me about the result here in PM (I will be waiting)
Field Researcher
#25 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 2:36 AM Last edited by jotaerre : 14th Oct 2020 at 9:57 PM. Reason: fix bbcode
Quote: Originally posted by AdelanaSP
Dear friend jotaerre did a great job (for this huge thanks to him), and created a version of the bedroom for those who do not have the entire collection of the game, but only the base game and at least one addon

My dear @AdelanaSP base game set does not require any add-on nor EP, works well with base game only, original upload's meshes does require at least 1 EP, anyone of them, and it' s possible that shelves and beds in the original upload may require Pets as they have code from that EP.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page