Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 9:56 PM
All of my sims have the possibility to become pregnant in various ways. I use a pregnancy for all mod as well as a mod that allows female pregnancies via alien abductions. I've also added mods that alter the adoption options: sims can choose the gender and the age of their children up to teen, they can receive their adopted children on the same day, and they do not have to have a certain amount of funds to adopt.

Infertility is randomized and also based on my sims' storylines. The same can be said for abortion. Miscarriages are not currently enabled in my game. Sometimes, I dictate when my sims should Try for Baby; however, I mostly rely on ACR. Teen pregnancies are few and far between, but I do have them enabled in my game.

I have the hospital mod, I just need to set it up. I plan on using Phaenoh's medical facilities once I set up the mod.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 10:41 PM
I don't have any hospital mod. I'd need a reason for something like that, and since all my sims are currently in good health and having perfectly normal pregnancies, there's no need for them to go to a hospital. Even in TS3 I only ever had them go to the hospital if they went into labour while out and about; if they were home, they'd just birth there.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 11:24 PM
Field Researcher
#29 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 11:28 PM
Reproduction is always a male impregnating a female when there aren't fertility issues (apparent or contrived). This is true for all sims, be they human-sim, alien-human-sim, dog-sim, or cat-sim.
Even though birth-rates ought to be higher in my current game setting, I keep them lower so that I don't also need to simulate the high infant-mortality rate that necessitated such a high birthrate in the first place. I'm not fond of killing my sims, especially when I wouldn't get the chance to even play with them.
I don't use InTeen anymore, and thus miscarriages are not installed.
For ideological reasons, I don't allow abortifacients to exist.
All sims give birth at home. They'll probably continue to because community lots are hassles to me, as are humongous mods. When eras change, birth may become more dangerous and merit midwives, but for now my sims are hardy enough to survive.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Inventor
#30 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 11:30 PM
@AliaD85 , I've definitely noticed some of my sims have a rougher time with pregnancy than others. In one hood, poor Jessica Picaso was absolutely miserable with both of hers. She kept throwing up the first day, then spent the next two days mostly sleeping, eating, and watching t.v. Even with Aspiration Benefits, her needs would drop very quickly. It was a relief when she finally gave birth and I thought going through that twice was quite enough! On the flip side, I've had sims I wouldn't have known were pregnant except for the fact I got a popup saying they were Trying For Baby or I had directed them to do so. Not even a little tummy rumble before the first pop and they could've swanned off to work without a care. At worst, they might need to go to bed early when they got home. I would've thought it had something to do with personality (how active or lazy, for example) or some other factor unique to that sim, except I've had sims be fine with one pregnancy but need special care with another.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 12:23 AM
cloudieskies: you sound like me (except I don't use Teen preg mod). But I DO have the "more sickness" and abortion mod - and it has never caused anything. I like toddlers, so I make a lot of babies; but when they become whiney I get tired of them.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#32 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 12:30 AM
most pregnancies in my game have been through either Try For Baby or alien abduction. though some of either have been through the Tombstone of L & D or through hacks.
all non-alien pregnancies have been heterosexual. so far, only males (in expressed gender) have had alien pregnancies.
have not downloaded any same-gender pregnancy mods.

sometimes changed the expressed genders of sim couples through hacks.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 2:20 AM
Reproduction is not a big thing in my game. Only females can become pregnant and only through woohoo with a male. There are no alien abductions apart from Pascal and Vidcund Curious in Strangetown.

There have been 4 babies born in my game since I started playing on 2012. One was the result of Pascal's abduction. The others were conceived through normal male-female Try for Baby within marriage. Babies are rare, but those there are, are wanted, loved and cared for. There are lots of same sex relationships, but same sex woohoo never leads to pregnancy. If same sex couples want children then they adopt, or they must might enter into some sort of surrogacy arrangement.

Recently some of my Sims have discovered adoption, and I have mods to allow teens both to adopt and be adopted. I actually find Sim pregnancy too stressful to be enjoyable.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 3:25 AM
Any couple in my game can have a baby. M/F, M/M, F/F. I don't bother with infertility or miscarriages. Abortion is allowed but I tend to love babies, even unplanned ones. The only way i'd abort probably is if they really can't afford a baby. Always at home. I never thought about Sims giving up their children but who knows, it could happen in my game. Of course thinking about that i'd be more likely to not have an abortion than I already am, because they could just give the baby up to another family. That said i'm not against aborting I just love Sim genetics, so if a family doesn't want or can't afford a baby I think i'll just give the baby for another family to adopt. If it's a case of the family can't afford the baby but they'd still want it they could still be in the child's life too

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#35 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 10:33 AM
Opposite sex couples can have babies naturally. In my megahood I have same sex couples use a surrogate/donor. But will eventually introduce same-sex pregnancies - The Beaker's, Landgraab's and Worthington's are currently funding research on aliens conducted secretly by General Buzz Grunt and have so far been successful in 1 case (although possibly only because Pascal has already had an alien pregnancy before). Males who have had alien babies are able to get pregnant with other males but can still impregnate females. I have never had a female in this hood get abducted by aliens (yet. I'm working on it!) But I'll probably let them produce alien spawn too... Because I think they're cute.

Miscarriages sometimes happen. Never my choice. Every once in a while if a Sim is nearing the elder stage and won't be able to try again, I use the bio clock to have her pregnant again and make her give birth straight away (if she was in her second or third trimester) and claim she was pregnant with multiples and only one survived. I never have abortions in my game, just because I love seeing how genetics play out over time. If they don't want the baby, it will be put in an orphanage.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#36 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
Apparently, my game is fully different from anyone else. Let's be honest, I'm a yaoi fangirl. Have been for years. When normal pairings bored me, I made a neighborhood full of guys.

I have an almost totally yaoi neighbourhood. XD But I hate mpreg, so only adoption allowed if they want children. I think my game is possibly different from most others in that I don't really care if sims have kids or not. I enjoy playing kidless sims just as much.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 4:13 PM
Field Researcher
#38 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 5:56 PM
What a fun thread! I'm enjoying seeing all the different ways people play reproduction.

In my game, women can be impregnated by men and men can be impregnated by aliens (although this is rare, only 4% of the sims in my BACC neighborhood are aliens).

I have ACR so teens can woohoo, and I roll a die and use simblender to assign them accidental pregnancies sometimes, with odds based on how likely I think they are to competently use birth control.

I love the fact that ACR has sims decide whether to woohoo or try for baby... sometimes they surprise me with what they decide! I actually just discovered ACR 2.0, I'd been using the first version for ages, but I'm going to start using the ideal family size feature and I'm stoked about that and the additional options.

Same sex couples can adopt; gay couples can have alien babies; and lesbian couples can have one of them get pregnant with a sperm donor. I do have a mod that causes a sim to get furious if their partner is pregnant by someone else, which causes problems in these cases. I'm not sure how to make it situational, if that is even possible. It also makes parents furious at pregnant teens which may or may not be appropriate (c'mon, your son was ABDUCTED BY ALIENS and you're gonna yell at him? Poor kid!) But I keep it in because it can be a lot of fun when it is appropriate to the situation. My last batch of students who graduated uni had a bunch of them decide to ho around with random dormmates in the very last semester, despite being engaged. So two of the women graduates went ahead and married their intended match but were pregnant with someone else's kid. I think one of the marriages is going to make it, because they keep getting horny and hopping in bed (yay ACR-inspired makeup sex!) but the other one probably won't, as the husband is still furious with his wife and is now sleeping with someone else.

My sims don't have abortions, not because I have an issue with them, but because 1) I like lots of offspring because it's fun to see how the genetics come out, and 2) if the sim doesn't want to or can't raise their kid, I have two group homes in my neighborhood, one for babies/toddlers/children, and one for teens. Sims can adopt from the younger group home, or foster a teen (in this case, the family ties don't get adjusted).

I don't tend to have the social worker take kids away, but if she did I would probably remove them from the adoption pool and put them in the group home as playables, because it's fun that way. If they age to teen without being adopted, they can move to the older group home, which has a farm on the grounds so that they learn a life skill, growing food. The teens in the group home have a harder time to get to college than most teens - they are required to win a lot of scholarships to be allowed to go (the exact # depends on their aspiration) - so some of them just age to adult and get tossed out poor, kind of like in real life.

Anyway, that's how my game works, and honestly the reproduction part is one of the most fun things about Sims 2 to me.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 6:41 PM
90% is handled by ACR, Inteen, and by Boiling Oil's alien mod.
Guys can carry babies if kidnapped by aliens. Whatever the aliens do makes it so the guy sim can continue getting pregnant.
Gals can carry babies if they woohoo with a guy. Or, in the case of gals not wanting guys, they can use artificial insemination with a donor. But in those cases they're most likely to adopt anyway: I don't have the have baby not adopt mod, so they roll adoption wants. With the deal with the guys, I figure the "Oh my gosh, I had an alien kid, and now I'm pregnant by my significant other, I had no clue this could happen!" was the most amusing scenario. I don't have many sims who are just same sex attracted, star gazing addicted, and like to lay information out to strangers for gossiping about, so the gossip is kind of slow to get around their world.

In my uberhood, all alien/part-alien sims live in Strangetown. Ajay Loner is the family doc in town. Someday, if I play enough generations, there will be some male sim who gives his alien twins up for adoption, then gets pregnant, and it'll be a scandal. Since I've never gotten past the first generation, the single data point is Nervous Subject/Kent Capp. Neither family talks to anyone about anything, and anything about Kent that makes the tabloids, well, how much do you believe it when you see "Dead Movie Star's Son Pregnant by Alien!" Sims are more disposed to believe alien pregnancy, but "Pregnant by Husband"? Please! They weren't born yesterday! (Headcannon, alien pregnancies are always multiples. Jenny and PT lost two babies at birth or shortly before. PT and Stella both have twins out there somewhere in space.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#40 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 7:29 PM
I have ACR and Risky Woohoo, so babies happen in my game. No abortion. Adoption is okay. I do have a hospital mod but I go when it suits me. I also call a midwife. Aliens and mpreg are just fine for me. I have pregforallgenders in my game so same sex pregnancy can happen if I'm not careful. I have no idea what birth control I can use with ACR or Risky Woohoo. I do intend to make some Sims sterile after they have just one child to continue the family line.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#41 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 8:47 PM
I treat Sim's sexuality in this game like I do in reality. Random, kinky, no male pregnancies and often bisexual.

If a Sim has a child, I keep it alive and see how it develops. It could just grow to become main character in neighborhood story.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#42 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yellan
What a fun thread! I'm enjoying seeing all the different ways people play reproduction.

In my game, women can be impregnated by men and men can be impregnated by aliens (although this is rare, only 4% of the sims in my BACC neighborhood are aliens).

I have ACR so teens can woohoo, and I roll a die and use simblender to assign them accidental pregnancies sometimes, with odds based on how likely I think they are to competently use birth control.

I love the fact that ACR has sims decide whether to woohoo or try for baby... sometimes they surprise me with what they decide! I actually just discovered ACR 2.0, I'd been using the first version for ages, but I'm going to start using the ideal family size feature and I'm stoked about that and the additional options.

Same sex couples can adopt; gay couples can have alien babies; and lesbian couples can have one of them get pregnant with a sperm donor. I do have a mod that causes a sim to get furious if their partner is pregnant by someone else, which causes problems in these cases. I'm not sure how to make it situational, if that is even possible. It also makes parents furious at pregnant teens which may or may not be appropriate (c'mon, your son was ABDUCTED BY ALIENS and you're gonna yell at him? Poor kid!) But I keep it in because it can be a lot of fun when it is appropriate to the situation. My last batch of students who graduated uni had a bunch of them decide to ho around with random dormmates in the very last semester, despite being engaged. So two of the women graduates went ahead and married their intended match but were pregnant with someone else's kid. I think one of the marriages is going to make it, because they keep getting horny and hopping in bed (yay ACR-inspired makeup sex!) but the other one probably won't, as the husband is still furious with his wife and is now sleeping with someone else.

My sims don't have abortions, not because I have an issue with them, but because 1) I like lots of offspring because it's fun to see how the genetics come out, and 2) if the sim doesn't want to or can't raise their kid, I have two group homes in my neighborhood, one for babies/toddlers/children, and one for teens. Sims can adopt from the younger group home, or foster a teen (in this case, the family ties don't get adjusted).

I don't tend to have the social worker take kids away, but if she did I would probably remove them from the adoption pool and put them in the group home as playables, because it's fun that way. If they age to teen without being adopted, they can move to the older group home, which has a farm on the grounds so that they learn a life skill, growing food. The teens in the group home have a harder time to get to college than most teens - they are required to win a lot of scholarships to be allowed to go (the exact # depends on their aspiration) - so some of them just age to adult and get tossed out poor, kind of like in real life.

Anyway, that's how my game works, and honestly the reproduction part is one of the most fun things about Sims 2 to me.

Sounds like me, except right now I'm playing without a Uni subhood. Also, these days if a teen turns 18 in foster care, he or she will be considered an adult dependent and given assistance for housing and education. No more pat-on-the-back and kick-out for foster teens.
Theorist
#43 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 11:50 PM
As per usual I don't do stuff that would require a bunch of mods to function. So no ACR (I really don't get the appeal of it tbh), inteen or any of that stuff.

Male and female Sims reproduce with each other, same sex couples adopt (heterosexual couples adopt as well on occasion), male Sims can get abducted by aliens and spawn green space infants.

In general I go with role playing reasons when I decide when and how often a couple should acquire a child, but most Sims will have at least one offspring, unless there's a good reason why they can't or wouldn't spawn/adopt.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 12:03 AM
I'll allow the RNG to decide who gets pregnant when, but any adult can get pregnant. I love aliens, and I love my same sex couples having biological children, so often I have hoods of only aliens and same sex couples [in fact, I'm going to make one the next time I play because it's been a long while and I kinda miss it lmao]

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Alchemist
#45 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 12:07 AM
what is RNG?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 1:11 AM
random number generator

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#47 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 2:57 AM
Does anyone spawn plantbrats? And if so, do you have rules based on seasons and aspiration, etc.?
Field Researcher
#48 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 3:02 AM Last edited by G-Mon : 2nd Jul 2017 at 3:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
what is RNG?
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
random number generator
Or, as many a gamer calls it, Random Number God (Warning: TV Tropes).

Anyway, as to this thread....

For the most part, it's per vanilla: women by men, men by aliens. I do, however, plan to use BO's Alien Experiments + P4A - Alien Trigger Override in my Alien Meeting Point hood (currently restarting it - again - because of misread rules). No abortions or miscarriages - not because of personal beliefs, but because I can't find a mod that does them (in an "organic", in-regular-gameplay manner) that doesn't introduce a bunch of headaches.

Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Does anyone spawn plantbrats? And if so, do you have rules based on seasons and aspiration, etc.?
Oh, yes, I do that. No particular rules on it, though I am open to ideas there.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Scholar
#49 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 3:17 AM
Yup, I love PlantBabies Easier to raise, that's for sure!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#50 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 3:35 AM
And Nervous Subject makes some cute plantbabies. Give him nice potion, and he makes some real sweet babies - though they'll still be complete serious slobs. Until they get bit by wolfies, that is. Then they become dogwood. Who knows if their bark is worse than their bite...
Page 2 of 6