Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 8:20 PM
Default What's The Weirdest Genetics You've Seen Occur In Your Game?
I thought I'd create this thread because I'm really curious to see the weird things that have happened to other players after encountering some strange stuff with my sims. I was playing a new world and had edited some of my household's distant relatives to get pregnant, and moved on with my game. My household had their first child, I aged him up, and everything was normal. He had the same eye color and hair color as his mother. I remembered about the other family members getting pregnant, so I went into the family tree to check up and see how they were doing. Everyone had aged into toddlers, and for the most pat, everything was normal, until I got t the mother's sisters tree. She had twins, and then triplets after I got her pregnant again. Even weirder, all of her children had inherited their grandmothers hair color, a percentage I thought was pretty small. All of them also inherited a random grey eye color, which was never in the family tree. Long story short, a blue haired, blue eyed woman and a brown hair blue eyed guy had just had five black haired and grey eyed babies. I actually thought it was pretty funny. Have you guys ever had stuff like this happen?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 8:45 PM
May seem a bit odd, but in the first game I've ever played, I had an adopted kid, a single boy, and then triplets (1 boy, two girls). And everything seemed normal until the triplets aged into children.

Now, odd family tree anyways. I had mostly screwed around with the genetics and colors A LOT. But I did not expect two of the triplets (the boy and one of the girls) to gain weight every ten minutes in real time, until they couldn't anymore. And their other siblings were string beans.

Also, both of the chubsters had their max muscle tone. It was a weird family, that's for sure.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 8:58 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 24th Jul 2017 at 9:41 PM.
I don't know if this counts, but my Sim was "born" gay. I made her, I moved her into town, I made her some friends, then she became very attracted to her lady friends.
So if you think Sims can't be gay without player intervention, you're apparently quite wrong.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:11 PM
I've been playing on and off for years, never saw anything weird enough to share. I must be so boring.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#5 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 10:25 AM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 1st Jan 2018 at 2:50 PM.
My sim gave birth to triplets a bit ago and they are all children now but one of the girls has her grate grandfather's hair and the other girl has dirty blonde hair and no one in her family tree has that color hair, but maybe it could be a mix because her father is brown and her mother is very light blonde and the boy had his grandfather's grey eyes and mother's hair. Strange no? They definitely don't look like triplets. (Well, not actually strange, they're fraternal then!)

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Scholar
#6 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 2:15 AM
In one save, I had a little girl whose eye colour didn't match either her parents or any of her four grandparents. Mystery mutation? (She got her father's hair colour)

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 11:14 AM
I've had a dark brunette mom and a black haired dad end up with a blond son. And those were fresh Sims, with no grandparents or so.
Also a time when two 'normal' eye colors (I believe green and brown?) ended up with a son having purple eyes. And this was in CAS.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
It is the same for my sims. Everyone is gay for CAS sims 3 sims. Usually the only straight relationships my sims wanted to take, were with Geoffrey .

For me it's kind of the same thing nowadays, in that every woman who meets my OG lesbian automatically gets a crush on her. Every single one, no exceptions.
But then again, she is pretty charming...

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I've had a dark brunette mom and a black haired dad end up with a blond son. And those were fresh Sims, with no grandparents or so.
Also a time when two 'normal' eye colors (I believe green and brown?) ended up with a son having purple eyes. And this was in CAS.

I've had a kinda similar thing happen, where my two blonde sims, a beach blonde and a dirty blonde, had a daughter. She had the same hair color as her mother, but she had bright, unexplaniable purple eyes. I thought it was weird, until they had another kid. This other kid had inherited his grandmothers green eyes (his parents both had blue) but had pitch black hair. It was really confusing lmao.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 2:05 PM
I have not had weird genetics yet in my game, but then again, I am playing couples, and they have not had children yet, although I am planning for them to eventually have them.
Alchemist
#13 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 3:45 PM
One of my recent toddlers has her father's hair (black with grayish tips) and...violet eyes, which have never been in this family before.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 1:51 AM
When the screen goes dark and I can see my reflection in the monitor

why did i pick this username
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 3:03 AM
I had a set of triplets where one inherited his mom's hair color and dad's eye color, but the other two both had purple hair from their granddad, one had blue eyes from his grandmother, and the other had light purple eyes somehow....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:58 AM
This thread has not had any replies for a while but I've gotten some new, really good ones.
I've been doing a 100 baby challenge on my new PC lately, and have gotten some really strange things already. I havent even had five babies yet. Played another family, all their kids were fine>
First baby was with my custom sim and Chester Swain, not a bad looking dude. Kids nose was pushed all the way to his eyebrows, damn that thing was ugly.
Second baby was with Malcom Harris. I was really excited because my sim had purple hair and he had blue, either way I thought the kid was going to be exotic. Kid's born, has blonde hair.
Third kids dad is Pip GoodFellow. Kid looks mostly like him, except his nose is mashed against his face.
Fourth kid is Rainflower Ivy's, she comes out beautiful.
Fifth kids gonna be with another custom sim, but damn I'm scared lmao.
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 5:07 PM
In my style of gameplay breeding sims is not left to pure chance. I want all my sims to be beautiful and diverse. Therefore I test multiple combinations of potential parents in CAS and see how their offspring will look as young adults. If the child passes I save the YA to the bin, let the parents make a child in-game, when the child becomes a YA I retrieve his/her looks from the sim bin. Some parents make beautiful girls but horrible boys and vice versa.
Theorist
#19 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:18 PM
I'm not sure if i posted this way back but I wound up with this kid who had stunted arms and legs. It must have been a slider issue. I still find it distressing.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#20 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 8:57 PM
I keep getting genie babies randomly being born the truest blue. I prefer making Genies and giving them normal skin tones. Genies are less hassel to take care of. WEather proof, damn near meteor proof, and they can summon food for free... And you can ensorcel people and sell their inventory for sometimes $$$. Anyway one of my saves decided I was rarely ever going to have a human child despite all who I had kids with. By the third or forth generation I finially screw it and let two genies have a baby; I finally got human spawn.

Over all I had more random genetics in Sims 2 then I have in sims 3. Probably because their facial features are very limited with out hacks.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 10:27 PM
Current family has a bunch of oddballs. Mother 1 has bright blue eyes and blue-black hair, with pale skin. Mother 2 has brown hair (although she now has red tips after her somewhat midlife crisis), and brown eyes. Both have pointed ears, but Mother 1's stick straight up while Mother 2 has hers more subtle, like a tiny pixie.

Cue children

Child 1- physically quite similar to Mother 1, other than the ears that belong to Mother 2. Randomized traits landed on ones similar to Mother 2.
Child 2- random blond hair, brown eyes, Mother 2's skintone. Probably the most normal as they have no special ears.
Child 3- black hair, brown eyes, Mother 1's skintone in a darker shade. Has Mother 2's ears too. He's also got a fascination with pregnancy apparently. Oh well, fits the cat that came in when he grew into a child.
Child 4- black hair, brown eyes, Mother 1's skintone and ears. Also a mermaid as by this point Mother 2 had become one. Haven't played much with her yet as she just aged up along with her twin sister.
Child 5- Random blonde hair, blue eyes, Mother 1's skintone and Mother 2's ears.

So, twice, there's been a random blond with twin sets. None of them have Mother 2's hair color (either previously or the new one, but she hasn't had one since the dye job), either black hair or blonde.
Child 5-
Scholar
#22 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 12:26 AM
Less strange genetic colors, just a really unfortunate looking child... My custom Sim had a very fine nose and, outside of that, very neutral features. She has two girls with Clay from Twinbrooks. 'Sophie' ended up looking okay, although her cheeks were a tad sunken in and she got mom's auburn haircolor. Her twinsister 'Sabrina'... was the most unfortunate Sim I had ever come across via genetics. Even as a toddler, she looked really off. I decided to let her get 'plastic surgery as a graduation gift' when she became a Young Adult. Basically, I took her into CAS. If I recall the sliders correctly (no custom sliders or multipliers), her Cheekbone Shape was all the way leaning OUT; her Cheeks were all the way sunken IN; her eyes had the highest eyelid height and her eyebrows were super curvy. I tried to take a good screenshot of her prior to the surgery, but it didn't work out and so I can't really show her...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Less strange genetic colors, just a really unfortunate looking child... My custom Sim had a very fine nose and, outside of that, very neutral features. She has two girls with Clay from Twinbrooks. 'Sophie' ended up looking okay, although her cheeks were a tad sunken in and she got mom's auburn haircolor. Her twinsister 'Sabrina'... was the most unfortunate Sim I had ever come across via genetics. Even as a toddler, she looked really off. I decided to let her get 'plastic surgery as a graduation gift' when she became a Young Adult. Basically, I took her into CAS. If I recall the sliders correctly (no custom sliders or multipliers), her Cheekbone Shape was all the way leaning OUT; her Cheeks were all the way sunken IN; her eyes had the highest eyelid height and her eyebrows were super curvy. I tried to take a good screenshot of her prior to the surgery, but it didn't work out and so I can't really show her...

I have something kinda similar too, one of my custom sims (who is absolutely beautiful, by the way) has this weird glitch with him and I cannot find out what it is. He and the wife I usually pair him with are both great looking, but occasionally (I've noticed this happening when I have other sims have babies with him too) his daughters noses will be as small as the game will allow. If they get their mom's genetics on the nose they're fine, but if they get that with him it all goes to hell. His daughters look like Michael Jackson half the time. You can't even fix it with the sliders, the only thing you can do to make it semi-normal looking is widen the entire nose
Forum Resident
#24 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 6:53 PM
I had a child come out looking preset with two parents I created who are not preset looking at all. This kid had everything set on 0 and apparently, didn't look like either parent except skin tone, eye color and hair color. After he aged up into a teen it annoyed me even more so I changed his DNA.

On to a different area of the same topic.
At first, I used to think it was weird that some of my Sim kids didn't have the same eye or hair color as one of the parents if no grandparents were present. But then I thought about it and wondered if it had any logical explanation so that's when I remembered Biology class from school and genetics. So yes, TS3 genetics does actually use recessive traits though they are hidden and unfortunately, cannot be chosen by players when they start out Sims in CAS. For example, I'll go way back to the Rumbaa family before I deleted that save and started over.

Nathaniel and Trinity started out married in the game with no kids. So all their kids were born in-game. This is them from a long time ago and yes these are the same two above. Even back then, they had children with the same exact recessive hair color (Blonde). Now fast forward to them now, they have one child (Hunter) with the same Blonde hair.

Why? Well, if anyone knows about the basics of genetics and how it works in real life would know this is exactly what TS3 is simulating...recessive traits. Which is genetic information that everyone has but is hidden, as in not shown on the person. Basically, like being a carrier for genes they themselves don't visually have but can pass on to their offspring. And it depends if the partner has the same recessive trait in order for a child to come out with a recessive trait. For example, Nathaniel has brown hair but his recessive hair color is Blonde. Trinity has black hair but her recessive hair color is also Blonde. And this is why Hunter has Blonde hair because he inherited both of his parents recessive traits. So that looks like this when put in a Punnett Square of all the possibilities of hair color combinations that offspring can get.

Of course, TS3 introduced something else called a mutated gene. Which is completely nonsense to me how it was implemented and it should have incorporated the merging of two parents hair colors if it rolled on that possibility instead. (But actually I'm still testing this so maybe the merging of two hair colors do exist.) Also, there is even a rare outcome where a child can inherit two or more hair colors at once. As in one color or more for each parent. Unfortunately, that's not in the game. Like if a parent has a recessive trait for red hair and the other parent a recessive trait for blonde and those two genes got together but instead of mixing colors together just ended up with both colors. Could be possible to also have two dominant hair colors at the same time such as having both black and brown. I always think of Rinoa for this example.

From my in-game experiments, I've come up with 6 outcomes in TS3 genetics concerning specifically hair and eye color.
1. Inherit fathers exact hair color but can be a lighter, darker shade or a tone or even a tint / Inherit fathers exact eye color
2. Inherit mothers exact hair color but can be a lighter, darker shade or a tone or even a tint / Inherit mothers exact eye color
3. Inherit a recessive trait from both parents
4. Inherit a mutated gene from both parents
5. Inherit grandfathers exact hair color / Inherit grandfathers exact eye color
6. Inherit grandmothers exact hair color / Inherit grandmothers exact eye color

So far, concerning recessive traits I have seen Blonde and Black. And yes, Black is a dominant hair color but any dominant can be recessive and vice versa. However, EA didn't code the game to just use real hair or eye colors so any color they picked or based on what the player picked can be used as a recessive trait for hair or eye color.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 10:18 PM
I used cheats to age up a rando baby, whose parents abandoned it on the front porch, and it exploded causing my game to crash. Yeah, the baby burito's mesh expanded across the whole screen and the game stopped working. Good times.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Page 1 of 2