Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Unmade Bed: auto put off/on decorative blankets, pillows, etc.

by Lamare Posted 28th Jul 2017 at 3:24 PM - Updated 29th Dec 2017 at 6:14 AM by Lamare : minor file update

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 5:20 PM
I'm excited to try this! I've never used bed deco for the very reasons you named - no way would I want to take the deco off every time a sim went to bed. Thank you so much!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:03 PM
This looks so good, thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 8:44 PM
This is so awesome! I almost never use the deco either, for the same reasons. Wish someone would make this for Sims 3. Great job.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 9:22 PM
Thanks so much! This is incredibly useful, just like your other mods. I really look forward to what you'll come up next with!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 9:29 PM
Well, this looks totally interesting, and by that I mean, awesome. I love decorating beds, but too am always bothered by sims clipping through the items. So, thank you for this!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 9:30 PM
Oh, I love this - form and function - the best of both worlds. Thanks.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 10:07 PM
AHHH I NEEDED THIS MORE THAN ANYTHING
just a girl
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 10:08 PM
Thank you everyone for kind words!

Quote: Originally posted by PersephoneRosenrot
I really look forward to what you'll come up next with!

Have you seen my work in progress?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 1:58 AM
Awesome! you are my hero :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 6:20 AM
Well, you have now removed my excuse to never use deco bedding stuff again! Awesome!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 3:38 PM
Very clever Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 12:37 AM
This mod looks awesome. I use a lot of custom bedding in TS4, but hate it when my sims disappear into it when they go to sleep or lay on their beds. Would you consider making a TS4 version of this mod?
just a girl
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 4:38 AM Last edited by Lamare : 30th Jul 2017 at 5:18 AM.
Default Hot fix is hot
Replaced "norelax" versions. Sorry guys, was the wrong file. I suck.
If your pets can't get on a bed, replace the file. If you don't own pets, I guess, it won't matter to you.

Quote: Originally posted by Athena Apollos
This mod looks awesome. I use a lot of custom bedding in TS4, but hate it when my sims disappear into it when they go to sleep or lay on their beds. Would you consider making a TS4 version of this mod?

Thanks. The thing is I don't know how to mod the Sims 4.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 9:35 PM
i absolutely love this. but is there any way to make the round bed pillows disappear as well?
just a girl
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 11:14 AM
@sammyhulton, pillow's shape makes no difference, if that's what you're asking. Items on pictures are only examples of decorations that can be used.
If you're asking because you tried it in game and it doesn't hide, the most likely cause is how the pillow was made. If you point me to where I can get the pillow, I may be able to edit it for you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 4:26 AM
Thank you so so much! I was just thinking the other day what a blessing such a mod would be!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 9:43 PM
Ive wanted something like this for a long time. Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 6:28 PM
Thanks a lot for this!

Can anyone tell me where to find the "Impi" stuff, particularly the pillows? It seems most of the Jonesi-slaved bed pillows I've picked up along the way don't want to hide with this mod, but google is not helping me find "impi bed pillows". Thanks!
just a girl
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 11:25 AM
@gwynne, I think I've got it from here: https://mustluvcatz-reloaded.tumblr...-blanket-meshes

I'm sorry about the other pillows. They can be altered to work, though.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 6:30 AM
This is fantastic! I might start using bed blankets now. I didn't use them for the same reason too.
just a girl
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:40 PM
Default Tutorial: Making object hideable or unhideable by editing its category in SimPE
You have a pillow or a blanket that doesn't hide with the mod? I'll show you how to edit it so it hides.
On the contrary, you want to make some object stay put instead or hiding? I'll show how to do that as well.

Do this only with purely decorative objects.
Make backups of your files before you change them, in case you need to start fresh.

Every object has Init function. What you're going to do is edit that function to set certain category. Note: it's not going to change where the object appears in Buy mode.

Open an object in SimPE. It has to be a mesh, not a recolor. First, find out what BHAV your object uses as its Init function (it's not always obvious):

^
1. Select Object Functions file type in Resource Tree.
2. Open a file in Resource List. Usually it has [Object Functions] in place of its name. Sometimes there're a few files. Start from any one.
3. Go to Plugin View.
4. Note the Init function's number. It's hexadecimal so it may contain letters. In this case it's #1002 and named "init".

If the number starts from 1000 (e.g. 1005, 10F7, 1158 or the like), read this spoiler:

If the number starts from 2000 (e.g. 2000, 200A, 2014 or the like), read this spoiler:

This tutorial was requested by @SweetSweet
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 5:12 AM
Default Thank you for tutorial!
Thank you very much for the detailed tutorial, i kind of gave up with waiting, thought that you forgotten maybe I figured it out how to do it myself not long after i asked you to explain how, just changed one line by copy-pasting it from the objects that worked with your mod, but i'll be sure to save your tutorial on my PC somwhere in case one-line-editing wouldn't be enough. Thanks, again!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:20 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 10:46 AM
This has to be one of the most useful downloads for the Sims 2. Thanks so much for making all those beautiful blankets usable again for me!!
Page 1 of 2