Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 27
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 3:20 AM Last edited by Jevi : 23rd Aug 2017 at 9:49 AM.
To can EA and custom harvestables you need to download the first three rars.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#177 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Oh I see you don't have outdoor retreat installed... I will pm you a package with some minor tweaking. Can you check it out ?

Same problem with Kira and also I don't have Outdoor Retreat is this a problem??
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#178 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sylwuska
Same problem with Kira and also I don't have Outdoor Retreat is this a problem??

I have added outdoor Retreat as a requirement for the moment.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 10:26 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:31 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#181 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 2:15 AM Last edited by Chr0nicQueen : 27th Aug 2017 at 8:47 AM. Reason: adding content after using
I haven't actually tried to use it yet, but so far it showed up and bought so I am assuming it does Thank you so much! It looks so amazing I love the options ^_^

**edit - OMG! XD I love the book names for the canning skill I just realized this If I can can, I will can! My husband and I died laughing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#182 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 7:28 AM
Thank you so much!!! I was really disappointed that our eco pack wouldn't contain this. I'm so glad you shared this with us all.
- Katie
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#183 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 8:24 PM
THANK YOU! SO AWESOME, i USE THIS N MY BAKERY,,,MY SIM CHILDREN LOVE LOVE THIS ,,,ESPECIALLY THE CHOCOLATE SPREAD YUUUUUMMM!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#184 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 8:24 PM
THANK YOU! SO AWESOME, i USE THIS N MY BAKERY,,,MY SIM CHILDREN LOVE LOVE THIS ,,,ESPECIALLY THE CHOCOLATE SPREAD YUUUUUMMM!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#185 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 2:04 AM
THIS IS FABULOUS!!!!!!! I was so bummed when Laundry won the vote! I wanted canning, harvesting, wine making, etc. I have been loving your expert mod. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
Theorist
#186 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 6:03 PM
Are the prices configurable? I'm a bit uncomfortable selling a single jar of jam for the price of a sofa. Kinda puts me off using it for anything but personal use.
like, harvest single wild plant, make jam, pay bills, never never get a job or put any effort into your entire life...

Also is there a way to modify the skill gain? My sim went from lvl 0 to 8 in a single afternoon...
dodgy builder
#187 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Are the prices configurable? I'm a bit uncomfortable selling a single jar of jam for the price of a sofa. Kinda puts me off using it for anything but personal use.
like, harvest single wild plant, make jam, pay bills, never never get a job or put any effort into your entire life...

Also is there a way to modify the skill gain? My sim went from lvl 0 to 8 in a single afternoon...

One thing I've been noticing is the difference in price between fabulous or very high quility produce from just harvesting, compared to making jam out of it. i haven't really done any big research into it, but they should be tied together. I mean if they make jam out of 6 strawberry, it should bring in more than 6 strawberry sold as is. They need something for the work as well.

Icemunmun: I know I'm lame, but I never notice unless I have to actually do an effort. Do you have a norwegian translation? Is the price the same for everyone?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#188 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 8:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
One thing I've been noticing is the difference in price between fabulous or very high quility produce from just harvesting, compared to making jam out of it. i haven't really done any big research into it, but they should be tied together. I mean if they make jam out of 6 strawberry, it should bring in more than 6 strawberry sold as is. They need something for the work as well.

Icemunmun: I know I'm lame, but I never notice unless I have to actually do an effort. Do you have a norwegian translation? Is the price the same for everyone?

The skill gain for a standard jam bottle is the smallest one but the gain increase is proportional to quality. Like as the quality of a jam produce is high then the skill gain will be high. I tried to keep the gain calculation as close to the herbalism skill as possible.
Also the price depends upon the quality and skill level. Example - The price of a normal quality preserve made at level 2 will be lower than an outstanding quality preserve at level 8. Maybe the prices are sometimes very high because of the multiplicative effect of the double gain factors.

What do you suggest I do? I can of course reduce the base price so that the multiplicative effect does not give rise to high prices. or I can remove the price gain with quality or skill. I basically kept the base price high because I wanted the price of the preserve > sum total of harvestables used at all levels.

I think I need to create a couple of excel sheets calculate the prices and the skill gain factors for each preserve . I don't know whether the prices are normally distributed at present and see whether I can plot them on a bell curve...hmm

About the price/skill gain depending upon the quality of the harvestables, I have not seen any game instance of doing this....I can make some tested outcomes depending upon the quality of the harvestables but i don't think ingredient quality based outcome is supported by the game

I would be very grateful for any translation! I do not have Norwegian translations at present
Theorist
#189 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 12:06 AM
The skill gain for a standard jam bottle is the smallest one but the gain increase is proportional to quality. Like as the quality of a jam produce is high then the skill gain will be high. I tried to keep the gain calculation as close to the herbalism skill as possible.
Also the price depends upon the quality and skill level. Example - The price of a normal quality preserve made at level 2 will be lower than an outstanding quality preserve at level 8. Maybe the prices are sometimes very high because of the multiplicative effect of the double gain factors.

What do you suggest I do? I can of course reduce the base price so that the multiplicative effect does not give rise to high prices. or I can remove the price gain with quality or skill. I basically kept the base price high because I wanted the price of the preserve > sum total of harvestables used at all levels.

I think I need to create a couple of excel sheets calculate the prices and the skill gain factors for each preserve . I don't know whether the prices are normally distributed at present and see whether I can plot them on a bell curve...hmm

About the price/skill gain depending upon the quality of the harvestables, I have not seen any game instance of doing this....I can make some tested outcomes depending upon the quality of the harvestables but i don't think ingredient quality based outcome is supported by the game

I would be very grateful for any translation! I do not have Norwegian translations at present

Wow, it sounds like you put a thousand times more thought into this than EA so lowering the price wouldn't be as simple as I'd hoped in my own game.

I just got very concerned when I had my sim break out the canning station, make his first Apple Jam at canning level 0 using normal quality apples and it was worth $336 :\

I also noticed a weird bug that the price multiples drastically for no reason, then goes back to normal After storing the jams in the fridge some of the prices jumped to over 1k, but after 5 minutes out of the fridge they dropped to 100-300 again.

The skill gain definitely needs to be re balanced, though. Right now I seem to only be capable of making "excellent" quality jam, and I'm gaining a level after only 2 or three of them being produced. Again, this is starting at lvl 0 with normal quality produce. Now, that being said, I DO have a mod that prevents "normal" quality produce from being internally read as "sickly" could that be effecting this? Did you compensate the food quality to account for the fact that normal produce is treated like garbage?

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom

Yes, I've also been extremely aggravated by this for a long time and as soon as I find a mod to turn that off I will do. I don't care how those blackberries are, no one is going to buy them for $55 D<
Test Subject
#190 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 12:45 PM
Thanks a lot! I really love this mod :lovestruc
Here is my Russian translation
Attached files:
File Type: zip  RUS_Canning_Strings.zip (6.3 KB, 12 downloads)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#191 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 3:06 PM
this is freaking awesome!! my elder grandmas will love opening their own business with canned preserves!!! thank you so much.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#192 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:13 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 4th Sep 2017 at 9:38 PM.
Wow, it sounds like you put a thousand times more thought into this than EA so lowering the price wouldn't be as simple as I'd hoped in my own game.

I just got very concerned when I had my sim break out the canning station, make his first Apple Jam at canning level 0 using normal quality apples and it was worth $336 :\

I also noticed a weird bug that the price multiples drastically for no reason, then goes back to normal After storing the jams in the fridge some of the prices jumped to over 1k, but after 5 minutes out of the fridge they dropped to 100-300 again.

The prices are high because -
1. I had to compensate for the high harvestable prices. I wanted the preserve to sell for more than the highest price of the harvestables
2. I have no idea about the PPP of USD and I based the price points similar to my currency (I even play keeping my currency in mind and adjust accordingly)
3. I am shit at economics

The skill gain definitely needs to be re balanced, though. Right now I seem to only be capable of making "excellent" quality jam, and I'm gaining a level after only 2 or three of them being produced. Again, this is starting at lvl 0 with normal quality produce. Now, that being said, I DO have a mod that prevents "normal" quality produce from being internally read as "sickly" could that be effecting this? Did you compensate the food quality to account for the fact that normal produce is treated like garbage?

At level 0, an excellent quality should not be produced. And yeah, that mod definitely has some effect on the preserve prices because some of the price depend do depend on the quality of the preserve!

I will tweak the skill again a little bit for the next update

Thank you ViolettaJevans for the translation :lovestruc
Test Subject
#193 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 11:29 PM
Oh I see you don't have outdoor retreat installed... I will pm you a package with some minor tweaking. Can you check it out ?

Yeah I don't have Outdoor Retreat either , which sucks because I was really looking forward to using the canning station. Any hopes of you uploading a bgc version?
Theorist
#194 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 12:16 AM
The prices are high because -
1. I had to compensate for the high harvestable prices. I wanted the preserve to sell for more than the highest price of the harvestables
2. I have no idea about the PPP of USD and I based the price points similar to my currency (I even play keeping my currency in mind and adjust accordingly)
3. I am shit at economics

At level 0, an excellent quality should not be produced. And yeah, that mod definitely has some effect on the preserve prices because some of the price depend do depend on the quality of the preserve!

I will tweak the skill again a little bit for the next update

Thank you ViolettaJevans for the translation :lovestruc

I tried looking into your mod but I'm a bit programming illiterate. Which resources would I have to edit to change the price ranges in my own game for personal use?

And yes, my first few apple Jams from lvl 0 came out Excellent quality and $300, And idk how your currency works but for reference in the sims, that's more expensive than a kids bed, or approximately the price of a mid-range love seat xD

I guess the issue is that they would need to be expensive since 6 harvestables make a single jam rather than the sims 3 store version of 3 harvestables producing 3 jam. I still want to tweak it for my own sims because I don't like the idea of insanely expensive harvestables. But again, which particular resources would I need to tweak to tone down that price range. Feel free to PM back so we don't keep cluttering up the comments section of your mod!

Also feel free to completely ignore me of course! xD I'm asking an awful lot.
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 1:04 AM
So my canning station broke, and when I went to repair it... is this supposed to happen?
Screenshots
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#196 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheFandomGirl
So my canning station broke, and when I went to repair it... is this supposed to happen?

Oh My! That is ocurring because i edited all the slots ( apparently including the repair focus). Was the repair completed successfully ?

I tried looking into your mod but I'm a bit programming illiterate. Which resources would I have to edit to change the price ranges in my own game for personal use?

And yes, my first few apple Jams from lvl 0 came out Excellent quality and $300, And idk how your currency works but for reference in the sims, that's more expensive than a kids bed, or approximately the price of a mid-range love seat xD

I guess the issue is that they would need to be expensive since 6 harvestables make a single jam rather than the sims 3 store version of 3 harvestables producing 3 jam. I still want to tweak it for my own sims because I don't like the idea of insanely expensive harvestables. But again, which particular resources would I need to tweak to tone down that price range. Feel free to PM back so we don't keep cluttering up the comments section of your mod!

Also feel free to completely ignore me of course! xD I'm asking an awful lot.

Hi, if you want to reduce the prices, the easiest way to do is to reduce the base price ( Catalog price/ COBJD Price) since all the other prices are calculated on the base price. There are other ways but those will requiring editing at least 75-100 resources!
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 11:16 PM
Oh My! That is ocurring because i edited all the slots ( apparently including the repair focus). Was the repair completed successfully ?

It repaired just fine, but sometimes my sim uses it as a stove top for normal food (which works) or to bake something in the oven (which causes a routing failure). It's kind of funny, I guess; the game treats the whole thing as the oven door.
Test Subject
#198 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 1:45 AM
I downloaded all five files, and have Outdoor Retreat, but the mod is not showing up in my game. What can I do to fix this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#199 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 7:09 PM
SUper disappointed this now requires Outdoor, sonovabiiitch
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#200 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 1:01 AM
This looks amazing! Thank you!
Page 8 of 27