Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
If they're not going to be playable, (I'm not too bothered about the idea of this until I see how it plays out.) then they damn well better not take up a family slot. Nothing more than an animated cuddly toy with some interactions, fine, a little bit more interesting than a dishwasher, but there's no reason for this furry appliance to become a family member!!! I don't want to have to send granddad to the sweet-bye-and-bye just to free up a slot so the kids can have an animated cat toy to play with. None of that, please!
Of course 1 Sim = 1 pet
https://twitter.com/HyperboleGrant/...723034352906243
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Of course 1 Sim = 1 pet
https://twitter.com/HyperboleGrant/...723034352906243

Jesus Christ. At least in sims 2/3 they had the decency to raise the total household cap to ten. These fucking morons.

Let me guess, Having 7 sims and 3 pets via cheats will prevent us from going into CAS cause everyone goes in together! :D

I LOVE THIS FUCKING GAME

*chugs bleach*

This is fucking PETS! I should be allowed to be happy about it for at least a DAY! Come ON!! FFS!!!
Instructor
#28 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:36 PM
Hey, look at this:
https://twitter.com/HyperboleGrant/...717946938990594
The color wheel is only for pets. Good job EA (not!)
Forum Resident
#29 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:36 PM
...Calm down. It ain't that bad.
Theorist
#30 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:44 PM
I found a shot from inside EA's Sims 4 EP department.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I know, I wonder what they're doing to push that much bleeding edge realism out of our hardware. It's like I'm looking at a Pixar film.

But seriously though, I just realised this pack will be €40. I need more alcohol.

Alcohol? I think you meant more juice #Embrace4euphemism
Theorist
#32 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
#Embrace4euphemism

NEVAH! D<

I need alcohol, and lots of it, quickly.

All alcohol... Vodka, rum, whiskey, gin. Ethyl, methyl, propyl, butyl...
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:55 PM
Well personally I'm glad dogs and cats are back, with or without other pets, and I'm quite happy with the fact that they won't be controllable, as it will add difficulty to a game that lacks challenges. As a matter of fact I'm convinced there will be a code to control them but it there's not, it's better, I won't be tempted by the easy way.

And above all, I'm really impatient to see the new vet job, and "the possibility to open your own clinic and to hire sims", which should be something entirely new in the Sims worlds.
Theorist
#34 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nan
Well personally I'm glad dogs and cats are back, with or without other pets, and I'm quite happy with the fact that they won't be controllable, as it will add difficulty to a game that lacks challenges. As a matter of fact I'm convinced there will be a code to control them but it there's not, it's better, I won't be tempted by the easy way.

The problem with not being able to control your pets OR see their needs is you can never risk bringing them anywhere cause their hunger or sleep bars could be red and it'll ruin the entire outing and waste the whole day. Sims in this generation aren't that smart and tend to kill themselves if left alone for more than 48 sim hours. Pets will be a goddamn nightmare with this AI if uncontrollable...

It's not "The easy way" like it was in previous games it's "The only way to make sure they don't starve themselves to death from stupidity"

I am NOT looking forward to having my wall spammed with 38563240985609243 notifications that the pet will be taken away if not properly cared for while I'm sitting there screaming at my screen for the dog to fucking eat from it's full, unobstructed bowl of food.
Instructor
#35 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:10 PM
Not worth 40 dollars for a "Cat or Dog" that function as an "object".
Mad Poster
#36 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:12 PM
They can make pets with costumes, but can't for the life of them create proper babies with clothes and toys, and make them look like they're the same species as older sims... *le sigh*

Ah well, the pets are kinda cute, the customization looks quite awesome (ain't so difficult adding a color wheel and painting tools, huh?), and I do like the interactions with toddlers and kids. Might eventually consider getting the EP, though I do hope there's a little bit more than just cats and dogs added to that pack. The TS4 EPs still feel like the bare bones of what was added in EPs for TS2 and TS3.
Theorist
#37 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
They can make pets with costumes, but can't for the life of them create proper babies with clothes... *le sigh*
Ah well, the pets are cute. Might consider getting that EP, though I do hope there's a little bit more than just cats and dogs added to that pack. The TS4 EPs still feel like the bare bones of what was added in EPs for TS2 and TS3.

Because the TS4 packs ARE bare bones compared to 2 and 3. It's not a feeling, it's a fact.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:21 PM
So, they couldn't even extend the the household cap to have a special limit for pets? What even is this pack?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#39 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
They can make pets with costumes, but can't for the life of them create proper babies with clothes and toys, and make them look like they're the same species as older sims... *le sigh*

EA knows how to play their game, pun unintented. If they didn't introduce anything *news*, less consumers = less money. Like I said, I really hope they would have done this expandion pack much more worsen so that I could grab my popcorn and watch all the backlash from fans trashing and running down ea to the ground.
Theorist
#40 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I really hope they would have done this expandion pack much more worsen so that I could grab my popcorn and watch all the backlash from fans trashing and running down ea to the ground.

The backlash is real tho.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:31 PM
And EA would still get away with sales. Pets was MASSIVELY requested thing, so that 'average' backlash would barely do anything to stop Dogs&Cats from being the source of cuteness.
Instructor
#42 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:35 PM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:32 PM. Reason: Typing mistake - removed an extra word.
Consider a lot of "no autonomous " mods.
Sim: "I want to pet the dog or cat"
Me: "No! you leave the animal like object alone and let it eat. You will not mess with that animal like object unless I control you to"!
Theorist
#43 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
Consider a lot of "no autonomous " mods.
Sim: "I want to pat the dog or cat"
Me: "No! you leave the animal like object alone and let it eat. You will not mess with that animal like object alone unless I control you to"!

Oh god, imagine how much pet behaviour is going to be lost completely because it can't be made user-directed only...

like wake sim up, greet sim, beg for treat, sniff sim, look out window, chase sim.... I imagine many people wanting mods to turn off annoying little behaviours that now get lost entirely...
Mad Poster
#44 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:45 PM
While I can't see EA realistically adding an option for every. Single. Interaction. To be toggled on and off because of Autonomy, at least players provide the option for small mods.

Options are nice.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Smeg Head
#45 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
The problem with not being able to control your pets OR see their needs is you can never risk bringing them anywhere cause their hunger or sleep bars could be red and it'll ruin the entire outing and waste the whole day. Sims in this generation aren't that smart and tend to kill themselves if left alone for more than 48 sim hours. Pets will be a goddamn nightmare with this AI if uncontrollable...

It's not "The easy way" like it was in previous games it's "The only way to make sure they don't starve themselves to death from stupidity"

I am NOT looking forward to having my wall spammed with 38563240985609243 notifications that the pet will be taken away if not properly cared for while I'm sitting there screaming at my screen for the dog to fucking eat from it's full, unobstructed bowl of food.

I actually found the pets in TS3 to be more intelligent and better at taking care of themselves than the sims. Except for when the horses wanted to come inside the house to watch TV on the sofa with the rest of the family. Damn horses. So I wonder if these cats and dogs for TS4 will follow suit, especially if they are not player controlled. (Oh, there will be blood mods to fix this. There will be mods. Even if I have to make a new Motive Manager Machine just for the wee beasties, there will be mods.)

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Theorist
#46 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
While I can't see EA realistically adding an option for every. Single. Interaction. To be toggled on and off because of Autonomy, at least players provide the option for small mods.

Options are nice.

The problem with these mods is that any behaviour that gets made non-autonomous disappears forever because there is no user direction!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:50 PM
Oh, great. No increased household size, and an uncontrollable pet counts as a Sim. Lovely. Flawless execution. A++
Theorist
#48 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grindingteeth
Oh, great. No increased household size, and an uncontrollable pet counts as a Sim. Lovely. Flawless execution. A++

Like, at LEAST raise it to ten like previous games...
Mad Poster
#49 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Options are nice.

And that's honestly what this all boils down to for me. Options. That's why I've always loved the Sims. Because it's a game that gives you options. But not this one. This one says "fuck all that" in favor of design choices that make no logical sense (and if they do, the gurus don't do a good job of explaining) and do away with player choice. That's not the kind of Sims game I want.

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#50 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:57 PM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:35 PM. Reason: Typing mistake.
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Oh god, imagine how much pet behaviour is going to be lost completely because it can't be made user-directed only...

like wake sim up, greet sim, beg for treat, sniff sim, look out window, chase sim.... I imagine many people wanting mods to turn off annoying little behaviours that now get lost entirely...

I'm talking about user directed interactions you can control the Sims to do. You can't have a cat or dog pet itself.
Page 2 of 18