Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 12:37 AM
one thing I would like in a Sims base game would be year-based aging. probably 4 days per year. and probably a maximum of either 22 or 23 years from birth to "Old Age". that would be close to a sim's lifespan in this game.

shoes be separate from clothing and hats be separate from hair.

otherwise; copies of objects from the shipped versions of the other versions be spread through that version's base game & packs. also copies of other shipped version sim parts.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:32 PM
I like that idea - perhaps it could be one of the preset age spans. (I like how the Sims 3 lets you change aging without a mod).

Anyways, I was thinking of the semi-open world idea. Think I came up with something. When you pick the map you want for your neighbourhood (or subhood, or whatnot), it's divided up into sections, or "blocks," or whatever you'd like to call it. It'd be big enough to contain several houses and/or community lots, and you can visit all the buildings in this block without any loading screens. However, you can also visit other blocks, which freezes time on your home block.

I was also thinking that the entire neighbourhood map could be accessible no matter what block you're in. (Though I don't imagine it'd be a live map like TS3, but with lot imposters - high-quality ones!). You can zoom in and have your Sim walk/drive/bike/jog/ride a horse to any spot on the map or click on certain buildings to visit them. This might require several loading screens though. There would also be subhoods, accessible through train stations and/or ferries.

I'm not sure if you'd be able to save the game while visiting another block. I like the idea, but it might make switching families a bit of a pain.

The benefits of this would be that you can have larger maps (as the game doesn't have to load the entire thing to memory), and as it doesn't have to simulate the entire damn town you don't end up with giant traffic jams.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 9:22 PM
Sorry for double-post, but another thing I'd like to do is give the townies a place to live. They'd live in the unoccupied houses (several of them in the bigger houses) and you can visit them, similar to in Apartment Life. Though if you put a playable family in or have them buy a second house, they'll be evicted.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#29 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 11:48 PM
Dunno how to explain but Sims' working in a certain careers should reflex the respective npcs. For example, along with new careers we have sim working as barista that works in barista career track. Well, maybe a silly and absurd scenario (making a "Barista" a career that includes levels, let's take a sim that works as Slacker in "Party D.J." level. Switch to another household, go to a random lot that has DJ Booth presented and you may find that sim scratching the disks there. Or in "Personal Tour Guide" rank, you have them sim as the npc of tour guide that wonders and snoops around the lot in the destinations hoods, waiting for sims to volunteer/participate in those outcome adventures.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 12:02 AM
I like that idea. And if a playable Sim shows up as a maid and you tip them, it gets added to their family funds!

Mad Poster
#31 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 8:03 AM
I think shy sims, just like shy people, can have and want lots of friends - they just don't tell the loudest jokes or dance on the bar counter I also think they would rather go fishing with their friends than going to clubs - but I don't really see why a shy Sim cannot want to be - or be - popular - or why 30 other Sims cannot fall in love with said shy Sim? (of course the Introduce So and So to Shy Sim is a lot of help here )
Mad Poster
#32 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 9:33 AM
Yeah, agreed. The more people you know and have to keep in touch with the more stressful it is for an introvert.
Scholar
#33 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 11:31 AM
Keep in mind that being socially awkward and being introvert are two very different things. Someone who is an introvert does not want many friends/romances. Someone who is socially awkward can be extrovert and want many friends, but not know how to go about it. This is not being shy or introvert.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#34 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 11:36 AM
I am actually a loner myself, but I am not shy. Not at all, I speak to the same crowds I do not want to be part of in my work; and am not worried about talking to strangers at all.

Although I prefer spending time alone, I do have a group of great friends - and trust me, going through things like becoming a widow suddenly or seeing one of your oldest friends die from cancer are situations where you realise how much you need those friends - and how much they care. It opens your eyes to people caring more than you have ever thought they did.

Having many friends do not mean that you have a bunch of meh friends. Besides, we know which of our friends are shy and accept them that way - we will not ask them to toast the birthday person (that is my job anyway) or amuse us with impromptu comedy stand-ups, but we will still love to have them there - because we love them the way they are.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 1:27 PM
Also, shy Popularity and Romance sims are adorable.

Aspirations should not be "based on" anything in the game as a feature, because that takes control away from the player. The way it is now, with the player free to determine the sim's aspiration in any way they see fit, is perfect, because no one's take on what the personality points mean is forced on anyone else. JustPetro and I can have shy Popularity and Romance sims, without it inconveniencing Nopke in the slightest. Nopke can interpret the points narrowly and assume they always mean "introvert," and I can interpret them broadly and have introvert sims alongside socially awkward sims alongside sims whose traumatic pasts make them reject human contact at the same time that they crave it. (That would be Nervous, poor thing.)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#36 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I like that idea. And if a playable Sim shows up as a maid and you tip them, it gets added to their family funds!

Though their would be a downsite to it. Some I guess wouldn't like (especally those who don't play in a equal-pace rotation) having to visit the maid's household with a overflow of cash in their pockets she earned while working. Than again, the wage/tipings are far from making the maids rich.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 3:30 PM
I always figured that maids were hired on a salary, and the money you pay actually goes to the company that hires them. Tips are just an extra bonus.

Mad Poster
#38 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 11:23 PM
Default My Perfect Sims Game
When TS4 came out it was quickly clear to me that, whatever else it was, it clearly wasn't the "perfect" Sims game. It would take something a lot better than that to persuade me to buy it. So what would my really "perfect" Sims game be like?

In seeking a perfect game, I'm assuming that EA/Maxis are able to devote an infinite budget to developing the game exactly as I want it, and that all technical problems can be overcome. So no compromises!

First of all it would be compatible with previous versions. I'll be able to import my TS2 neighbourhoods into the new game without losing a thing, and since this is a perfect game, TS1, TS3 and even TS4 players will be able to do the same. For me this is an absolute sine qua non. I'm just not interested in a new game unless I can go on playing Veronaville in it.

Because I play TS2 and love it, the gameplay will be based on TS2. All the best features of TS3 and TS4 will be added, but it will be done in a subtle and sensitive way, so that Sims can develop even more complex and subtle characters than TS2 Sims do at present. Sims with personalities as complex and multi-faceted as real people will become possible.

Some open world capabilities will be added to the TS2 model, but again in a flexible and sensitive way with nothing lost. Loading screens might be used for journeys to places beyond a reasonable walking distance, but these "loading screens" could show the Sims inside the vehicle, passing through appropriate scenery. While on the journey, the Sims could chat with each other or with the driver, or otherwise amuse themselves. Imagine what two Romance Sims might get up to in the back seat of a taxi, while returning home from a downtown club-crawl! )

All causes of corruption shall be identified and fixed. Your Sim will be able to date and marry the taxi driver, have a honeymoon with her in Strangetown, and then move from Pleasantview to Veronaville to live, and everything will still work perfectly. There will be no more fireballs visible from outer space.

(This feature might require Maxis to recruit a couple of developers from Hogwarts.) A wonderful new patented smart technology will enable all TS1, TS2, TS3 and TS4 mods to work exactly as their modders originally intended. And they will go on working, no matter what EPs and other enhancements Maxis may add in the future.

----- oooooo -----

All that is just the preamble!

Maxis will develop Simlish into a fully functioning grammatical language with its own syntax, orthography and morphology. Sims from different 'hoods and sub-'hoods will speak Simlish with slightly different local accents, with perhaps even a few local dialect words thrown in. So it will really be worth listening to your Sims, because the more you listen, the better you'll understand them.

And. . ., the best feature of all: Maxis will add an advanced, state-of-the art Virtual Reality feature that will enable you to visit your neighbourhoods, see your houses and shops as your Sims see them. And then I'll be able to achieve my real Sims dream -- to meet my Sims face to face! Clever Sims will learn foreign languages, so I'm sure I'll meet some who have learned English at school. Some of these I'm sure will help me to lean Simlish. But, even when I've learned to speak it fluently, I'll still be perceived as a stranger in Pleasantview -- because I'll have learned to speak Simlish with a Veronaville accent!

Let me describe how things might go the first time I use the new VR feature to visit my Sims:

-----------------------ooooooooooooooooooooo-----------------------

Because I don't fly, I arrive by sea, sailing into the new docks I'll build down by Downtown creek in Criquette's liner. As the liner can't get alongside the quay, a Maxis sailboat acts as a pinnace to get me ashore. It's early morning, so I decide to take a taxi out to old Veronaville. There might be other ways to get there, but why not take a taxi, seeing that they're free here.

All Sims now have full character data, so it's quite safe to chat with the driver on the way. He tells me how much better things are going in Veronaville now. The old feuds are almost a thing of the past, and it's becoming quite a desirable place to live. As we come into the town under the iconic Veronaville Aqueduct, I notice that the old half-timbered houses are just as pretty as I always thought they were, but we do go down a very steep hill as we turn into Bard Boulevard. I want to go and visit Andrew and Gloria, but it's still quite early, so I ask the driver to let me off at the market. It's a fascinating old place, thought to be late medieval in origin. Andrew has been doing some research into it as part of a school history project. I buy myself some crisps from the vending machine, and start to explore the old place. I walk along the walkway which is all that remains of the upper floor to where it ends in a rather dangerous-looking drop to the market courtyard below. Andrew believes that there used to be a hoist here that was used to lift produce up to the upper floor which he believes was used as a warehouse. Most of the upper floors appear to have been destroyed in some sort of accident. I'm fascinated by the old place, and hope I can get a chance to help Andrew with his research. It's a Monday morning so I know Andrew will be at school and Gloria will be at work, training.

The morning is wearing on and I grill myself some hot dogs, and, following what I believe to be the local custom I serve some to local townies who are shopping there. I make a mental note to myself to look out some CC vegetarian sausages as I don't usually eat meat. Maybe this "virtual" meat is ok. I keep a lookout on 19 Chorus Court across the road. About 1 o'clock a yellow school 'bus draws up there, and I know Andrew must be home. A couple of hours later the grey team 'bus draws up, so I know Gloria's back too. With my heart fluttering slightly I cross the road. I'm about to meet my original and favourite Sims, face to face!

I climb those familiar-looking steps and ring the doorbell. Then I go back down those steps and wait -- as I've seen Sims do so often. After about a minute Andrew comes to the door, still in his school clothes of shirt, school tie and grey shorts. He looks down at me quizzically as I try to explain who I am. Then he turns, and calls into the house:

"Mum! There's an old geezer at the door says he knows us. Should I let him in?"

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 11:37 PM
I just want The sims 2 being taking care of again. Ok, newer sims games came out..so? there are still too many people enjoying TS2 to not continue with it. They would make money, and i would be happy.
Open world would be great, but otherwise i like it just as it is. I prefer ts2 graphics, and honestly don't think it looks old. Looks perfectly fine on my machine, I have no complains. A tree is a tree regardless of the era..so does a pair of jeans.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 4:03 PM
I was bored, so I thought it'd be interesting to take a handful of Sims 3 traits and show how I'd apply them to a personality points/aspiration thing. Granted, a lot of this is made up on the spot, so if you have a convincing argument on why I'm wrong I'll probably change my mind.

Remove Completely:
Slob/Neat
Shy/Social Butterfly
Grump/Friendly
Hopeless Romantic
Family-Oriented

Limitations:
Bookworm (Playfulness <5)
Excitable (Outgoing 5>)
Athletic (Active 8>)
Couch Potato (Active <2)
Never Nude (Outgoing <3)
Commitment Issues (Unavailable to Family aspiration)
Dislikes Children (Unavailable to Family aspiration)
Inappropriate (Outgoing 6>)
Loner (Outgoing <4)
Natural Born Performer (Outgoing 6>)
No Sense Of Humour (Playfulness <5)
Party Animal (Outgoing 5>)
Supernatural Skeptic (probably unavailable to Knowledge Sims)
Childish (Playfulness 6>)
Hot-Headed (Niceness <5)
Star Quality (Outgoing 5>)

Mad Poster
#41 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 5:39 PM
Now that I am reminded of the Sims 3 traits by ihate again - NO. None of those in my game, thank you so much.
Theorist
#42 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 7:18 PM
My Dream Sims Game would be TS2 as it is with hints of TS1 (think Vacations, Superstars and Making Magic). I was introduced to TS1 in 2003.
I loathe TS3 (got the base game only) and I have no interest in TS4 (tried it and dislike it).
Mad Poster
#43 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 5:58 PM
Ability to make a cut scene of the neighborhood in the main menu its displaying.

Small thing, but it would be amazing If my language was included in the game to choose from.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 6:01 PM
Oooh, I like that idea. Maybe it can grab a picture of the 'hood and you can pick different camera angles and the likes.

Test Subject
#45 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enoby
I mostly would just want something a bit more gritty and real - bring a bit of GTA into The Sims world. Something a bit less PG. Mods and CC only go so far, I'd like an actual game with all the sex, drugs, and rock & roll of real life.

Yes! No matter what careers I pick for my sims, their lives always end up the same. Some more action would be nice too. I mean, I don't have time to start ALL the drama myself.
Test Subject
#46 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:58 AM
TS2 will always be my favorite, but I enjoyed TS4 a lot as well. My dream game would basically be those two games combined.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 2:49 PM
Very interesting thread. My favorite sims game would be:
-better graphics (TS2 is too old, 3 not detailled enough, 4 looks just very unrealistic to me)
-open world TS3
-more wishes and more specific ones, less "object want wishes" and the system from TS3 (=dismissing wishes)
-traits from TS3
-buy/build mode from TS4
- EPs from TS2 and TS3
-more pets and more pet possibilities
-more community lots and Jobs
-more hobbies
-more modern/nicer-looking clothing an furniture (like TS4, or the CC)
There's probably more but these were the first few things that came to my mind
Field Researcher
#48 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 5:07 PM
I'd just like to see a game that better supports long form campaign/neighbourhood play. Call it Sims Generations.

Better rules and in game processes for things like inheritances/life insurance/ In game taxes. Economics, loans and debts. Broader, graded, family relations ( so Grandmother's brother will still see you as family; second cousins too). Random events that affect the whole neighbourhood (War! Epidemic! Financial Panic! Terrorism! Unanticipated Period of Peace and Prosperity! Year of the Grilled Cheese!). Election processes and elections that matter. Harder to do, but technology changes (maybe start the game in the 50's when middle-class suburbia became a thing and go from there, tech-wise; possibly also mirroring key social changes of the last century: feminism, ERA, sexual revolution, opiod epidemic etc).

But everything would be optional. Adjust to taste. And of course transparent so easily moddable.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 6:54 PM
Another thing that'd be cool would be in-game tools for creating your own terrain, getting started on modding, etc.

An obvious thing the company could do to create a new income stream with a game that primarily simulates modern life, would be to put out a new SP once a year or so, containing new objects, clothes, and hair based on fashion and technological trends that occurred during the year. Done in combination with the feature I suggested before, of having the capacity to set up games to access only some parts of the catalog so you didn't have to rename Sims2 folders or use AGS to play medieval, science fiction, and modern realist neighborhoods, perhaps with the capacity to sequester whole categories of Stuff you know you'll never use, or the option to use new data to default replace existing content, it wouldn't necessarily have to bloat the game files.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#50 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 7:19 AM
HEIGHT SLIDERS.

TS4 let me down so badly on this one. I thought my dreams would come true BUTT NO
Page 2 of 4