Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 8:31 PM
How to backup and fix in-game pictures that went blank/flashingblue/became sunset (paintings, photobooth pictures, career reward pictures), by Lili975 - here.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:22 PM
Translating objects/mods to your own language, by me, found here.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 2:12 AM
Added, thanks.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 2:36 PM
I wrote a minitutorial for someone on how to check the polycount of a hair mesh. It's a pdf on simfileshare, would that fit here?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 3:09 PM
If you didn't post it in the tutorials section then yeah you could attach it here.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 3:29 PM
Okay, good Pdf tutorial of how to check hair mesh polycounts. Checking poly count is the same on all meshes, so you could use it for anything really, but the pictures are of a hair mesh and the explaining is based on a hair mesh.

Forum Resident
#33 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 9:06 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 7th Nov 2017 at 9:14 AM. Reason: getting more of the text behind the spoiler button
Since I've stolen away a little time to post, I am adding here a link to the very useful minitutorial by @maxon on fixing elevations of apartment sublots that end up sunken. Because it's great and should be kept easily accessible for others. (But because I have not asked her permission, I am tagging her to let her know I've done so. Maxon, I have no objection if you wish to remove my link for your own reasons.)

Also posting to add a citation and additional usage for the method mentioned in Jo's minitutorial earlier in the thread on stripping lots of sim references.

The citation: for more details about stripping, you may want to check out what Jawusa originally wrote. Jawusa is the one who developed the technique. (I've linked directly there to the post in which Jawusa gives her specific directions, though her overall thread is about the clean, empty templates that Jawusa made using the technique.)

And the additional/alternative usage: you can also strip lots that are already placed in a hood, without ever packaging them again before or after, as long as you know their lot number. However, I have only done this in unplayed lot-testing hoods (the kind I make only to place a few interesting downloaded lots, to see whether I want to keep any---then deleting the whole hood when done, never playing it). So I will err on the side of caution and not recommend that anyone strip a placed lot inside hoods that they care about. Working with a package, especially one you've made a backup of first, is surely always safer! (And if anyone out there knows for sure that my alternative method is also safe to use in actively played hoods, please let us know.)

To find a lot number for any lot in a hood, type in the cheat showlotpackage. It should work in hood view, though it's possible you've got to first use testingcheatsenabled; unfortunately, I can't say for sure because I play with showlotpackage in my userstartup file. (The whole showlotpackage thing is a tip I got from BoilingOil's own kindly shared userstartup file, in this thread on Leefish.)

Once you've got the cheat running...

Whew! OK, urge to share knowledge, satisfied. For now, heh.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 2:02 AM
Updated first post (wish you could sticky threads like this).
Inventor
#35 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 5:45 AM Last edited by Sketching : 7th Nov 2017 at 12:15 PM.
Just wondering... Is it possible for me to write up a tutorial here on editing relationships in SimPE? I couldn't find one here or on google and I thought I might post one here instead.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 6:37 AM
Go ahead.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Updated first post (wish you could sticky threads like this).

It's not that we can't but there are already 5 stickied in the sims 2 section.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It's not that we can't but there are already 5 stickied in the sims 2 section.

But none of them are tutorials.
Inventor
#39 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 9:35 AM
Default Editing Relationships in SimPE
There may be times that you wish to edit sims' relationships for storyline reasons. Maybe you want to fix a glitch wherein sims are suddenly flagged as engaged or married to sims they've never even met. Maybe you don't like some of the set relationships in premade hoods. If that's the case, then this tutorial can help you.

Note: Do not attempt to use this tutorial to create relationships with unsafe NPCs.

Spoilered for pictures:
Mad Poster
#40 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 2:53 AM
I promised to give instructions on how to merge Squinge's Lecture mod with inteen. As there were two people who wanted it I decide to make it a written up tutorial instead, and since I thought there may be more people who want it I might as well share it. Too specific to make sense as a tutorial thread, so I am hoping it's okay if I attach it here. I forgot to mention in the tutorial that when the merge is done you only need the inteenimater_b package, Squinge's mod is not required because you add everything to the B-package. So only use the inteen one in your game.

@EmeraldFalcon @Sunbee Tutorial is done

It will work for any mod where it's the action string text list that conflicts, but depending on your skill set it may be hard to apply it to other situations, especially if there are multiple uses if action strings in the bhav.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Tutorial_MergingInteenAndLecture.zip (1.52 MB, 22 downloads) - View custom content

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 9:32 AM
Updated the first post.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 1:12 AM
Bumping this to add gdayars' post on the values for skills in SimPE.

Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I copied this from some old thread in create some time ago, and I don't remember what thread it was in, sorry.

Literal values (if you're changing the value in a BCON, or entering them as literals in a BHAV):
0x09 Cleaning
0x0A Cooking
0x0B Charisma
0x0C Mechanical
0x0F Creativity
0x11 Body
0x12 Logic

BCON values (If you're changing an existing BHAV to point to a different line in the global skills BCON):
0x011B:0x00 Cleaning
0x011B:0x01 Cooking
0x011B:0x02 Charisma
0x011B:0x03 Mechanical
0x011B:0x04 Creativity
0x011B:0x05 Body
0x011B:0x06 Logic

The skill flags are:
Cleaning 0080
Cooking 0001
Charisma 0020
Mechanical 0002
Creativity 0010
Body 0008
Logic 0004

To get more than one to show up at the same time you have to add them together in hex. So "+Mechanical, +Body" would be 000A. "+Mechanical, +Body, +Creativity" would be 001A.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 4:52 AM
Bumping this again, because I had to search through Google to find it.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 8:56 AM Last edited by jain : 24th Jan 2018 at 10:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
And the additional/alternative usage: you can also strip lots that are already placed in a hood, without ever packaging them again before or after, as long as you know their lot number. However, I have only done this in unplayed lot-testing hoods (the kind I make only to place a few interesting downloaded lots, to see whether I want to keep any---then deleting the whole hood when done, never playing it). So I will err on the side of caution and not recommend that anyone strip a placed lot inside hoods that they care about. Working with a package, especially one you've made a backup of first, is surely always safer! (And if anyone out there knows for sure that my alternative method is also safe to use in actively played hoods, please let us know.
I use stripped lots in hoods I play and have not experienced any problems. I completely stripped a hood I've used for many years, one lot at a time, moving sims in and out of residential lots and including community lots. In one case a community lot had genetic references. (The hood is over 10 years old and that was an ancient lot I downloaded from TSR.) It's been a couple of years since I cleaned all the lots and I've seen nothing unusual in the game.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#45 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to it then you can find it in your subscribed threads.

Bumping this again, because I had to search through Google to find it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:49 AM
I can do that? How?
Link Ninja
#47 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 1:56 AM
Default Mini Tutorial on how to Subscribe to Threads on the Mini Tutorial Thread
I can do that? How?

1. Click the subscribe button at top of thread page
2. Click 'Subscribed Threads' under 'User tools' at top left
3. Profit? Then you will find a page with the subscribed threads and if they have been updated.

Visuals attached
Screenshots

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 2:18 AM
Thanks. Still will be a little hard to find as you're automatically subscribed to every thread you post in (and I post too much).
Link Ninja
#49 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 2:40 AM
Oooh good call. I forgot about that part since I don't start a lot of threads.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#50 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 2:51 AM
Well, here's another way to manage "Subscription Overload": arrange your thread subscriptions in folders. I currently have, aside from my main Subscriptions folder (reserved for threads I'm following very closely), extra folders for Sims 2-related threads, Sims 3-related threads, non-specific Sims-related threads, and just miscellaneous threads from the General Discussion areas (that one's my smallest folder, FWIW). If you ever want to see all of your subs, regardless of folder, there's also the " View all Subscribed Threads" link on your main Subs page.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Page 2 of 4