Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Uncomfortable Overhaul

by roBurky Posted 30th Aug 2017 at 6:35 PM - Updated 19th Jan 2021 at 3:26 PM by roBurky : v1.0.2 released

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 8:49 PM
I am trying to create a few traits for my Death Eaters, Ministry Officials, Muggles, Mud-Bloods, and Squibs. I want my Muggles to feel uncomfortable when near any sim that has the other traits AND the house traits created by BrittPinkieSims. I need my Death Eaters to feel confident when around each other and Slytherins and Squeamish when around Muggles and Mud-Bloods. II have asked her for help, but have not gotten any response back. I have tried using the Zerbu Mod Constructor an the Zerbu Buff & Trait Factory, but still can't figure it out. I can't get any models to help me thus far. ANY and ALL help would be greatly appreciated. Would you be able to assist in any way?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackPiano
I am trying to create a few traits for my Death Eaters, Ministry Officials, Muggles, Mud-Bloods, and Squibs. I want my Muggles to feel uncomfortable when near any sim that has the other traits AND the house traits created by BrittPinkieSims. I need my Death Eaters to feel confident when around each other and Slytherins and Squeamish when around Muggles and Mud-Bloods. II have asked her for help, but have not gotten any response back. I have tried using the Zerbu Mod Constructor an the Zerbu Buff & Trait Factory, but still can't figure it out. I can't get any models to help me thus far. ANY and ALL help would be greatly appreciated. Would you be able to assist in any way?

I think I could help you do that in Mod Constructor v2. Let's take it to private message.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 12:44 AM
Thank you! This will be perfect for a couple of my stories. I have sims that should be unhappy, living in the slum apt etc, but no! This will help a lot.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 1:38 AM
Was there a specific reason that Zerbu's mod needed to be remade? I have the original and it seems to be functioning properly. Please let me know if it needs to be replaced!
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 1:40 AM
Do I need Emotional Inersia for this to work correctly? Otherwise, it looks interesting.
Theorist
#7 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by T501
Do I need Emotional Inersia for this to work correctly? Otherwise, it looks interesting.

I can answer that for you, They are two completely separate mods that lots of people just like to use together for the full effect. They each function perfectly well on their own.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Was there a specific reason that Zerbu's mod needed to be remade? I have the original and it seems to be functioning properly. Please let me know if it needs to be replaced!

A good question! There's a few reasons I made this.

1) Zerbu no longer hosts his Uncomfortable Boosts mod, and the last uploaded package for it needed updating and had a bad bug with it when sims get to low bladder need. I fixed that bug when I bundled it as part of my Emotional Inertia mod, but I haven't gotten permission from Zerbu to rehost his mod on its own, now that it and Emotional Inertia no longer conflict.

2) This isn't a straight remake. I had some ideas for different ways to approach the potential problems of a changeable uncomfortable mood than Zerbu's mod took, and the two mods have a few important differences.

In Zerbu's mod, they solve the issue of uncomfortable moodlets with extreme strengths by overriding those moodlet files and making their values smaller, so they don't cause emotional deaths when boosting other moods. They then also added some of the effects of extreme discomfort directly to those moodlets, to try to recreate how they ought to interrupt your sim, considering some of the other negative moods don't have as many restrictions on activities as the uncomfortable mood. Finally, they also solved the issue of uncomfortable moodlets always boosting negative moods into the higher levels of intensity by overriding the mood files and editing the intensity thresholds. It was a lot of balance work Zerbu had to put in to make it work - there was a lot more to it than it might have seemed!

This mod takes different solutions to all of those problems. The uncomfortable moodlets with extreme strength instead force the sim into the uncomfortable mood - there's no worry about them causing emotional deaths, the uncomfortable mood still gets seen sometimes, and the sim behaves appropriately when they really need to pee. Rather than trying to rebalance all of the intensity levels, it makes boosting uncomfortable moodlets just not count when working out what intensity level to use. All of which is only possible by making it a script mod rather than an override mod.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 1:49 PM
Well thank you very much for the in-depth explanation! I'll switch this out the next time I close my game and give it a whirl!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 4:45 PM
For some reason, my Sims 4 game doesn't even detect this mod. I got the "emotional inertia" and "no happy environment moodlets" installed. I tried both downloads, i'm extracting files like i did with the other 2 mods i have and this one doesn't even appear on the mods list when starting the game.

What could cause this? :/
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Magdar01
For some reason, my Sims 4 game doesn't even detect this mod. I got the "emotional inertia" and "no happy environment moodlets" installed. I tried both downloads, i'm extracting files like i did with the other 2 mods i have and this one doesn't even appear on the mods list when starting the game.

This mod is a SCRIPT mod, not a PACKAGE mod, so it gets installed differently than package mods do. See the installation instructions for more information.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 5:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
This mod is a SCRIPT mod, not a PACKAGE mod, so it gets installed differently than package mods do. See the installation instructions for more information.

This uses a ts4script file, so it should be able to be installed the same way as package files, as far as I know.

It could be that you need to enable script mods:
Start The Sims 4, open the game options, and go to the 'Other' tab.
Check that both 'Enable Custom Content' and 'Script Mods Allowed' are checked.

In the mods list when you start the game, this mod won't appear under the 'Custom Content' heading, but it should appear under the 'Script mods' heading below that.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 6:54 PM
another interesting mod I'm eager to try, thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 8:00 PM
Thank you for creating this and keeping this updated! THANKS! <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by roBurky
Rather than trying to rebalance all of the intensity levels, it makes boosting uncomfortable moodlets just not count when working out what intensity level to use.

It turns out this feature might not have been working as well as I thought!
While I figure out if I can fix that, I've uploaded a new version v4 that instead raises the intensity thresholds for negative moods by 1.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 2:12 AM
What a great idea! This makes the emotions system way more realistic in my opinion. Thanks for the hard work and for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Magdar01 : 1st Sep 2017 at 8:58 PM.
Tyvm, I didn't know i had to do that ! :D

Edit : After trying the 3 mods together for a few hours, I can say i'm very satisfied.
My only concern about the uncomfortable overhaul one was the "embarassed" emotion (or any other one, but this one scares me a bit more) getting overly amplified by the "want to pee" moodlet (+40). I know it can lead to death and even tho i'm not against a Sim dying in my legacy challenge, i don't really want him/her to die that way. Is there a way to change that +40 to a +2 or +3 so it's not that BIG of a deal?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 5:51 AM
My only concern about the uncomfortable overhaul one was the "embarassed" emotion (or any other one, but this one scares me a bit more) getting overly amplified by the "want to pee" moodlet (+40). I know it can lead to death and even tho i'm not against a Sim dying in my legacy challenge, i don't really want him/her to die that way. Is there a way to change that +40 to a +2 or +3 so it's not that BIG of a deal?

Oh, so THAT is why my sims keep dying from being mortified! They are embarrased and I put them to sleep it off, and then they wake up mortified and die! I am uninstalling now, because I feel it's a bit too random who dies and I can't do anything about it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 7:12 AM
Edit : After trying the 3 mods together for a few hours, I can say i'm very satisfied.

Quote: Originally posted by vidde
Oh, so THAT is why my sims keep dying from being mortified! They are embarrased and I put them to sleep it off, and then they wake up mortified and die! I am uninstalling now, because I feel it's a bit too random who dies and I can't do anything about it.

This shouldn't be happening if the mod is working properly. The +40 really need to pee moodlet, and other moodlets like it, are supposed to force the sim into the uncomfortable mood even if they have embarrassed or other negative moodlets.

Did the cases of the +40 moodlet boosting other moods always happen when waking up in the morning?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 2:15 PM
I managed to recreate the bug myself. Yup, if your sim wakes up from sleep needing to pee, the forced uncomfortable feature doesn't kick in.
I have a fix I'm working on that seems to be working so far. I'll do some more testing, and then hopefully upload it later today.
Thank you for reporting that bug, vidde!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 4:59 PM
v5 released!
The two discovered issues should now be fixed, and the mod working as it was originally described.

Extreme strength uncomfortable moodlets will now properly assert themselves as the uncomfortable mood when a sim wakes up from sleep. Boosting uncomfortable moodlets will now be properly passive, and will not contribute their score towards intensity levels. As this feature is now fixed, negative moods' intensity thresholds will no longer be raised by 1.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 1:11 PM
Thanks! When looking at the statistics of moods and comparing the amount of negative and positive moods my Sims were in, even though I just recently reinstalled the game, I knew something had to be done about it to throw in more variety.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 10:05 PM
Totally works great! Really compliments other mods that might cause negative emotions so that they actually do something.
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 12:14 AM
I love these mods, but I'm having a problem that already happened twice, my sim pee'd himself and even when he took a bath and cleaned the pee, died from being mortified (There wasn't any sim nearby when everything happened). Is it possible to downgrade the emotions that could cause a death like that? I'm only aware of the mortified death by now and it only happened to me with this mod, taking in count that I play a lot and never had this death, it feels quite unnatural. I only had this problem and can't say anything else bad about it, truly a great job!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vloom
I love these mods, but I'm having a problem that already happened twice, my sim pee'd himself and even when he took a bath and cleaned the pee, died from being mortified (There wasn't any sim nearby when everything happened). Is it possible to downgrade the emotions that could cause a death like that? I'm only aware of the mortified death by now and it only happened to me with this mod, taking in count that I play a lot and never had this death, it feels quite unnatural. I only had this problem and can't say anything else bad about it, truly a great job!

I'm sorry that happened! Which version of the mod was this with? You can open up the text file that came with it to check the version number. Also do you remember what moodlets were involved?

Earlier versions of the mod had some issues with the passive discomfort and assertive discomfort features not working properly. Those issues ought to have been fixed with the latest version v5.
Page 1 of 3