Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esper-of-Tropica
My current family consists of a lesbian couple and their son (with two more children on the way), and their cats. One dresses hyper feminine, and used to wear mostly revealing clothing up until the kiddo was born lol.

I did that, too. When I had a lesbian couple, one would be the typical super-feminine type with dresses and flower-designs and girly; the other would be the 'butch', so to speak. Though I have changed things up, like having the dress-wearing feminine one end up having a pretty Punk-like hairdo.

Quote:
What are your methods of doing this? I imagine it would lead to interesting results and entice the player to explore alternate mindsets.

Personally, if I want clothes-fitting-personality, I randomize their traits first and, if I see a neat combination of things (like... Athletic; Loves the Outdoors), I tend to make their hair and clothes fit a very active person's style. Like, even regular, everyday may be something that looks like a sporty person may wear; generally short hair or pulled-back hair, so it isn't in the face when they jog/hike/swim/whatever. Other times, I already have the idea of making a 'Femme Fatale', so I make her have traits that fit (Flirty; Irresistible if I have UL installed; maybe Dislikes Children) and then give her a lot of sexy, alluring clothes. Maybe with non-sensical, high-heeled shoes that I would never wear cause my feet would kill me. XD

Quote:
There is usually a color scheme involving the favorite color and sometimes a few other colors or patterns.

I do that with 100 baby challenges! Or very large households in general; giving them clothes with their favorite color in it, makes it easier to keep an overview on who is who.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:57 PM
I only base their outfit on their favorite color. My only general rule is that in athletic or swimwear, the hair must be pulled-back. On male Sims, I prefer a grungy look.

My only gripe is that it's hard to have a normal feminine Sim. The skirts and dresses provided by the game are either way too short or too long. And I'm saying this as a male Sims player.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 1:19 PM
I think it's way too hard to have a non-feminine female Sim. I've had to download or make a lot of CC to be able have more than 3 different outfits in the style I'm going for. And I'm still missing a bunch of essential pieces that I'd like to have. Thankfully, a bit of gender converting and frankenmeshing should do the trick.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I did that, too. When I had a lesbian couple, one would be the typical super-feminine type with dresses and flower-designs and girly; the other would be the 'butch', so to speak. Though I have changed things up, like having the dress-wearing feminine one end up having a pretty Punk-like hairdo.

Personally, if I want clothes-fitting-personality, I randomize their traits first and, if I see a neat combination of things (like... Athletic; Loves the Outdoors), I tend to make their hair and clothes fit a very active person's style. Like, even regular, everyday may be something that looks like a sporty person may wear; generally short hair or pulled-back hair, so it isn't in the face when they jog/hike/swim/whatever. Other times, I already have the idea of making a 'Femme Fatale', so I make her have traits that fit (Flirty; Irresistible if I have UL installed; maybe Dislikes Children) and then give her a lot of sexy, alluring clothes. Maybe with non-sensical, high-heeled shoes that I would never wear cause my feet would kill me. XD

I do that with 100 baby challenges! Or very large households in general; giving them clothes with their favorite color in it, makes it easier to keep an overview on who is who.

With the couple I'm doing now, they're based on one of my characters and one of my friend's characters, so I tried to get it as accurate as possible lol. The main thing being is that the mostly butch one is both a blacksmith and a demon hunter, so she really still doesn't give much care into her appearances lol.

I wish I kept track of their favorite colors lol. I take a lot of pictures so I more so pay attention to hair, eye color, and skintone than anything. And ears. A lot of my sims have weird ears lol.

I really like this topic lol.
Site Helper
#31 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I don't think it's really a mix between anything. It's "whatever the hell looks good on this Sim". There's some hipster inspiration, some retro inspiration and yeah, sometimes there's a bit of butch in there, but ultimately it's just me throwing shit together until I'm satisfied.

This. Along with a bit of "Ok, that really silly accessory/top/bottom/hairstyle/whatever needs to have an outfit. Can I make one I won't mind looking at?"

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 2:47 PM
I've had quite a lot of fun using the stuff from 70s/80s/90s Stuff. I haven't found a purpose for all of it, and I don't think you can, but it's fun to make some of it work in today's world. And I have an 80s-themed world handy, so there's opportunities there, too.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 5:00 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 28th Sep 2017 at 5:54 PM.
"Retro" typically means any style from between the 30s and the 90s, and usually the latter half of that time period. So if I'm playing in New Miscerona, it's either set in the 40s or the 80s. Since I already have Bridgeport as an 80s world, and since it's easier to turn Bridgeport back by 30 years than NM forward by 40, I choose to only play NM anno 1947.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 7:29 PM
It's cool that you have your particular way of looking at things, but you're explaining it as if it's based in fact.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#38 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 9:40 AM
I usually stick with vintage (subtle, but with polka dots or pastel colors mixed in), artsy, and modern type clothes, although I'm really bias on asymmetrical/abstract design right now. Unless the mood strikes for 'that really weird sim' in town, or just outright creepy and cunning. Perhaps with a 'Elvira Slayer' vibe thrown in (comes with being a Horror lover, fortunately... ). I also like to match their clothes based on personality - normally when I make them I don't have any set style in mind, adds a bit more fun in CAS for me. Or just alternate between this and their favorite color. I tend to have a penchant for expensive/glam/sexy clothrs when it comes to formal wear - both male and female.

A rather odd mix, I guess.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
Fabulously.

The only correct way.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#40 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 6:21 PM Last edited by Deshong : 30th Sep 2017 at 12:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Inspired by this thread on the TS2 boards.
Do you put any particular thought into your Sims' fashion tastes, or do they just have one outfit they always wear everywhere? What are your favourite Sim looks?

I usually think about what kind of style each of my Sims would wear whether its based on their traits, career or just what I think suits them. But some Sims are a blank canvas and I don't know what their style is. I guess I could say it's experimental.

Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 6:57 PM
The more ... oddball ... items in the dresser I keep for my mental patients.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 9:09 PM
[placeholder]

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong

Just like the question, "Who is your favorite Sim?" my answer is I like all my Sims, therefore, I also do not have a favorite Sims look because I like them all for the reason of diversity.

Yeah, like 'em all, but the girl on the right (Edit: in the last picture that didn't copy in my reply) with the flower headband looks like the girl I had a crush on in high school. Were can I find the clothes and hair and stuff???
Forum Resident
#44 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 12:06 AM Last edited by Deshong : 30th Sep 2017 at 12:24 AM.
@Emmett Brown

*Just an unrelated thought. The rule says not to post no more than 3 or so screenshots without spoiler tag anywhere except within the picture section of the forum. But doesn't it defeat the point if someone wants to see the pictures but then there is no option to collapse/hide the spoiler tag. Maybe I'm not seeing the option or something. I think the official The Sims forum has this capability correct?
Site Helper
#45 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 4:55 AM
Refresh the page and the spoiler collapses again.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#46 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 7:27 AM
I put a lot of thought into how sims dress, simply b/c I recreate fictional sims instead of making random custom ones. And they already have their styles.

On a side note, TS3 has a lot of ridiculous, useless clothing. I wish I could just delete it from the game, that'd free up like half of all space and clothes would load much faster in CAS overall. (I'm talking of absurd default clothes, of course, not CC clothes)
Forum Resident
#47 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 4:03 PM
I dress my Sims according to their personalities. I play stereotypical sims, so there's the Nerd, the Artsy type, the Rocker, the criminal, the popular chick, the athletic type etc.. The good thing about the game is they have so many things for your stereotypical sim it isn't hard at all. But sometimes when I play weird stories and sims like the Murderer, or the cult leader.. I have a hard time coming up with a "look".
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 12:15 PM Last edited by kusurusu : 3rd Oct 2017 at 4:41 PM.
My sim's wardrobe is very limited due to some strict rules I mentioned last time.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 1:30 PM
I would have stopped playing this game a long time ago if I only had the base game content and the default CASt presets.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 2:11 PM Last edited by kusurusu : 5th Oct 2017 at 12:09 PM.
Other Sims may wear anything they want from all packs (except KPST) but with Rosetta I'm trying to keep the upload file as small as possible (that's also the reason why her face looks like this) and she never wore customized clothing again since I discovered how much you can save by using defaults. For a long time she even had just one outfit (empire sundress) and everything else was randomized.
Page 2 of 3