Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 4:18 AM
Found this post from Mootilda back in 2010:

Quote:
The Director's Cut at MoreAwesomeThanYou has a mod named AntiVisitCampus, which will do what you want.

Go to http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ and select your latest EP. Download the moreawesomethanyou.zip file from that directory. You can then extract the antivisitcampus.package and throw the rest out, if you don't want it.

Also found on the Sims Wiki that sometimes there is a glitch when visiting campus and Sims bring back a trash bag instead of a pizza! Now I don't know whether to install the mod or look out for the glitch.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 4:45 AM
It's not a glitch, they bring objects inside that bag, but it only happens in the greek houses in the highest level.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 6:34 AM
I don't think you have to be at the highest level. I never track levels. Once past the lower levels, they seem to come back with Stuff about as often as they come back with pizza.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#54 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 7:32 AM
I tried them a couple of times, once I think I played one of the sororities on its own and once I made my own because I was playing so many students who were close friends and family. I honestly didn't find anything I could do with a Greek House that I couldn't do in a dorm or a private residence, so I don't bother with them anymore. The Join a Greek House want is one of the few wants I will outright ignore because it's too much hassle to bother with.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 8:07 AM
My Greeks are definitely a method of townie ageing! I invite townies to fill up the lot and if they ever graduate, I townify them unless by that point they have married a playable or something.

The only GH I have ever really enjoyed playing was the one Tybalt Capp started in Veronaville. I just felt like it was the kind of thing the Capp family would do. Only sims who are prestigious enough to be associated with them are allowed to join, and DEFINITELY no Montys! I think there were just about enough Capps trailing through university to keep the house occupied steadily. Oh, and I noticed about halfway through Juliet's time there that all of the townies I had picked were coincidentally redheads, so that became an unofficial guideline too

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 8:54 AM
Having a Monty Greek House as well would certainly bring new meaning to "two households, both alike in dignity"...
Mad Poster
#57 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 11:39 AM
My Montys in that hood rarely go to university but that's true, I should really add that in, they could fight over members... hmm....

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#58 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
. There was also an American TV show called Greek

I wasn't interested in Greek houses until I watched the show Greek. I have 5 Greek houses in the university I use for my megahood (I think it's simstate? I have all 3 attached but at the moment there's so little students I only require 1). I can't remember the names of them, but they're quite stereotypical. There's two frats - one is for rich upper-class Sims and those with 3+ scholarships and will get kicked out if their GPA is under 3.8, and the typical party house that throw toga parties at the start of every semester. Then there's two sororities - one is quite girly and more on the upper-class scale (although not as much as the fraternity) and then one that was dubbed the 'pregnant sorority's due to a party that resulted in every member becoming pregnant. but they're slowly building up their reputation now that Etsu Cho has become president and finally, there's the Delta house - which is more for those who don't really go into Greek houses (for now, all my univeristy Sims have to go to a greek house for ease of play), they're my more down to earth Sims, or geeky, or just don't buy into the Greek system.

I have played the original Greek houses shipped with the game, but they've all graduated and at the start of my megahood new uni students were few and far between so eventually they died off, until I made my own Greek houses.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Page 3 of 3