Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Plumbbob Nursery Mods Edition - Baby Pack 1 Part 2

by gammi Posted 30th Sep 2017 at 11:25 PM - Updated 23rd Nov 2017 at 6:01 PM by gammi

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 11:26 PM
Thank you very much - very nice tweaks
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 12:42 AM
that diaper thing always bothered me
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 7:59 AM
Oh my, I can't believe you fixed the diaper issue. It was so annoying. From now on I can let my sims bathe the baby because it will actually be useful! Thank you so much!
Theorist
#5 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 1:43 PM
I guess time has come for me to add a breast-feeding mod in my game.
The bathing changes diaper is great too. It was annoying.
I'm off to see those mods in action since I have some babies in my hood.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 2:35 PM
Love it ! Very useful, thanks !
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 3:17 PM
Hi. The question arose. I'm playing a large family! 3 children from different parents. The question is: Sims mother feeds her baby? or all the kids who want to eat.

Ирина =)
Photo of the Lives of my Sims:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129305086@N06/
Theorist
#8 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 3:34 PM
This is wonderful!

Question, I already use Squinge's BF mod, but with Chris Hatch's extra plugin. Just wondering if that was tested along with your mod, or should I test for conflicts myself?

The notes on Chris' plugin:
Maxis included breast feeding in base game and never completed, enabled or removed it, many of it's constants are wrong and/or improperly used and several other things just haven't been finished. Squinge's FeedBaby mod quite briliantly enables it but baby doesn't get any relationship gain so the mother/baby bonding doesn't work. This file FeedBabyExtra.zip will supplement Squinges FeedBaby mod and give baby the relationship boost and add a bit of a cuddle baby animation at the end. It does require Squinge's mod to be installed to be of any use.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 4:10 PM
@PenelopeT I didn't know Chris Hatch had one, so I have not tested it. If you give me a link I'll look in to it and let you know. I suspect they do conflict, because relationship stuff uses the same BCON as I use. If they do I'll try to make a compatible version.

@kjkjljkjkjkjljkj That depends entirely on the breastfeeding mod you use. This mod does not enable breastfeeding, it only changes the motive gain of existing breastfeeding mods. You have to have a breastfeeding mod for this to be of any use. If you don't already have one, I linked to Squinge's version and BO's version in the post. BO has a couple of different ones, including one that I believe lets any woman feed any baby.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 4:23 PM
@gummilutt Sent you a PM with the file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 5:37 PM
By the way, thanks for the nice comments. Glad you guys like it! And thanks smorbie1 for reminding me who gave me the idea, have updated credits accordingly I was hoping someone would say "hey that was me" so I could give proper credit

@PenelopeT CHs mod did indeed conflict, but a very easy one to fix. I have replaced the file with a compatible version, so just make sure my mod loads last and both mods will do everything they are supposed to do

And in case someone wonders, the parts CH added only works if you use his mod, so there's no harm in everyone using the same version of the mod because if you don't use his then those lines aren't used so it doesn't matter what they contain. So that's why there's only one version, and not two separate ones
Inventor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 7:04 PM
Nice! Those are all things I've been annoyed with. Just recently had a couple with quads and had to cancel the push to breastfeed every time it popped up because that many babies would just take too long. Now my moms with multiples can at least breastfeed a little as long as they have the motives for it. And now I don't have to worry about my caregivers giving a bath instead of changing the diaper, since it accomplishes the goal either way.
Theorist
#13 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gammi
@PenelopeT CHs mod did indeed conflict, but a very easy one to fix. I have replaced the file with a compatible version, so just make sure my mod loads last and both mods will do everything they are supposed to do

And in case someone wonders, the parts CH added only works if you use his mod, so there's no harm in everyone using the same version of the mod because if you don't use his then those lines aren't used so it doesn't matter what they contain. So that's why there's only one version, and not two separate ones

Thanks for making your plugin compatible with Chris'.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Theorist
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 7:40 PM
Thank you so much for this! Do we need BO's mod along with your's and Chris'? (:
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 8:53 PM
@Duine Yes, you have to have a mod that enables breastfeeding or my mod won't be of any use. Have clarified it further in text since it seems it wasn't clear enough
Theorist
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 11:41 PM
It was clear enough, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't mixing the info up. Thanks! (:
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 7:43 AM
I'm loving this pack of mods, specially the breastfeeding one!
My Sims prefer to breastfeed their babies when at home, and your take is really sensible :)

PS: I think the Maxis VS your mod numbers would be more readable if you wrote them as a table ;)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 9:00 AM
Thanks! Maybe now my moms can do more than feed the baby in a day.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
PS: I think the Maxis VS your mod numbers would be more readable if you wrote them as a table

It is a table, but for some reason site is rejecting it. I've fixed it at least 10 times now since posting, and every time I fix it becomes a proper table, then a few hours later it's back to this mess. Even tried taking a picture of the fixed one and adding it as a picture instead, but that came out fussy. But thanks for mentioning it, couldn't remember what it was I wanted to talk to D about and now I remember.
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 11:30 AM
@Amura, gummilutt (aka Gammi): the table has always looked ok on my Windows 7 laptop.
@Gammi: I don't often do a thanks post, but here I simply have to make an exception;
Thank you for the zGammi-BreastfeedingPlugin-MotiveChanges; it really does improve breastfeeding. I use Boiling Oil's FeedBabyMainSpecial mod with CH's FeedBabyExtra mod. I was using Chaavitz's ShorterBreastfeedingTimeSims2base but swapped it for yours. Your mod makes feeding MUCH faster, which makes it a real game changer. it makes nursing a baby almost as fast as feeding from a bottle.
It is your GammiBathChangesDiaperSeasonsMG mod that has pushed me into writing this post. It makes bathing babies finally make sense. This mod in particular has changed my game play. I hate to say it, but I have not bothered with bathing babies since the base game first came out! Now bathing finally makes sense! Thank you Gammi for all your hard work.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 11:51 AM
I replaced the table with a picture of a table, since it kept breaking, so it should look okay for everyone now Thanks for the comment, glad you like them so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 2:29 PM
Wow, these are exactly what my game has been missing! Thanks so much!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 10:47 AM
The very first time we loaded the game after installing this mod, my husband directed his sim to breastfeed her newborn, and the baby pooped his diaper while feeding. My husband cancelled the feed baby action, though, which is apparently all that's needed to resolve the loop issue. Honestly, after reading the description in "known issues," I'd expected it to be a bit more serious than that (having to force a reset or something? lol). I guess the main concern would be if the player wasn't paying attention and allowed the two sims to remain stuck for an extended period of time? In any case, I've seen a baby sim poop while feeding 2-3 in game so far (out of probably 10 or so total breastfeeding interactions), but in all cases it was easy enough to cancel the feeding, change the diaper, and resume feeding.

Considering the size of some sim houses + stairs, etc, it is perhaps actually faster to breastfeed a sim baby with this mod than bottle feed (unless you're the type of player who routinely drags a fridge next to the crib or simply has one there permanently).

All in all, extremely pleased with this mod. I know I literally just got it, but it's already become something I couldn't live without! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 5:53 PM
Thanks for pointing out that it perhaps sounded more severe than it is. As you rightly pointed out, it's no worse than that you have to cancel the interaction yourself. If you do, Sim happily stops pretend-feeding and go about their business. It's just "dangerous" in that if you don't interfere and stop it, the interaction will continue to run for hours without helping the baby's motives. I have edited the text and hopefully it sounds less severe now
Forum Resident
#25 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 4:54 PM
I was fairly satisfied breast feeding and diaper changing in my game. Sometimes I like bathing infants and I'd always change the diaper immediately after giving them a bath. Doing it this way I noticed an additional relationship boost for both infant and parent. I've never had a bad experience with a Nanny in my game and their preferred method was always to use the changing table. I can only remember about 3 or 4 times over the years seeing a Nanny bathing an infant as opposed to changing their diaper.

I use Squinge's Feed baby mod along with Chris Hatch Feed Baby Extra. My only issue here was that Squinge’s mod seemed to "push" the mother to feed the infant even when their hunger bar was filled. Comfort and Social motives increased appropriately if needed. I can't say that I've ever observed an infant with low comfort motives.

I decided to try both of these mods. From what I observed in my game there was a slight noticeable decrease in the time it took to feed the baby and the infant soiled their diaper much more. However, what disturbed me was, if the infant soiled their diaper during the feeding and you bath them after for some reason their parents weren't able to put them back into their cribs. I even deleted the cribs and purchased new cribs and still it didn't work. I employed testing cheats but the log didn't reveal anything other than an OEtree Delete was generated and even reading that was a little confusing because what was listed didn't have anything to do with nursing or bathing the infant. I removed all cribs from the lot and shut down the game and restarted. When entered the lot again I purchase new cribs and the infant was able to be placed in the crib. During a feeding the baby soiled their diaper - this time I changed the diaper and had the parent put the baby in their crib - no problem. During the next feeding when the infant soiled their diaper and their parent bathed the infant once again they weren't able to put the infant in the crib. The Sim became stuck just holding the baby. Since I had only added these two mods I knew it was one of them was causing my issue. I removed the breast feeding-plug-in and it hasn’t happened again.

As much as I love the idea of a clean diaper after bathing, this mod seems to affect how hygiene is now handled in my game. I observed if I opted to just change the infants diaper instead of bathing, the hygiene bar no longer filled up, making it necessary to give the infant a bath in order to enable a full hygiene bar. Before adding this mod it didn’t matter whether you bathed or changed the infant’s diaper either way they got a full hygiene bar. So you know the old adage, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, well for me I’m content to continue with things they way they were. I’ve removed both mods from my game and things are back to normal.
Page 1 of 3