Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 10:37 PM Last edited by gazania : 1st Oct 2017 at 6:35 AM.
Default I'm stumped. What is the problem with this dorm?
I have made many dorms over the years of different designs (Within fifteen seconds, I recalled at least eight to ten of them, but my guesstimate is probably way past a dozen), but these two have really, really stumped me. For some reason, I'm not getting notifications about meeting professors, going to class or going to final exams. If I send my Sims to a community lot, I don't get these messages, either. The drama professor is the only one who stops by. My Sims cannot skip exams. The bar will stick there for hours until I send them, even if they're on a community lot.

The first thing I thought of was the most obvious ... CC issue. But an older dorm that I use over and over does not have these issues, nor do campus houses. If this was a CC issue, it would probably at least apply to the other working dorm.

When I moved a Sim to a house, the problems went away, so I don't believe it's a glitched Sim. This is also happening across four dorms with the two different designs. I don't think I have THAT many glitched students! Actually, I don't think any of them are glitched.

Routing is fine. No problems.

Myne doors are all there, and all facing the right way.

There is a stove with the NPC and the usual necessities.

There is a recreation area and a study area.

The lot was in the bin as residential, but I zoned it to dorm before moving Sims in. I do have a dorm-only version, but past testing shows that when you zone does not appear to be the problem. I tried the dorm-only on another lot, and got the same result.

The one thing I'm concerned about is graduation ... will my Sims be able to graduate? I'd rather have a working dorm now than find out later my Uni is really glitched. Graduation glitches are a bey-otch.

Original version. This is the in-game camera ... sorry!

V2 ... now with floor plans!

The second dorm is constructed differently, but let me do this one first!

I do not believe it's a foundation issue. I've constructed a few dorms without foundations. This is the working dorm in my game. Has worked for years with no issues. No foundation. It ain't fancy, but it works! It's a four-student dorm.

I should also add that I tried a guest bathroom in one dorm, and that doesn't seem to be the solution. I know hotels need one. My working dorm has a common bathroom.

While we're trying to figure this out, I may put the working dorm on a lot and move four Sims there .... see if those are glitched. I am also moving one Sim from one dorm into the house with the other Sim. That would be six testing Sims out of (counts on fingers) 20. I think that would be a good sample.

I made a backup. When all is said and done, I will use the backup copy ... making any needed fixes at that point.

This is not for MTS download. I doubt it would be desired or approved at the moment; particularly if I can't fix it. I just am raising a white flag here so my dorm can finally be normal, if it can be!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 12:03 AM
Nothing's leaping out at me, but the pictures are so hard for me to see, I can't be sure. If you put bigger pictures, and attach them to the post, I can click on them to see them close-up, and the thumbnails won't take up a lot of space.

I've never seen a dorm with the cafeteria on the top floor before, but that shouldn't make any difference, since people have made dorms that had no cafeteria at all.

You're quite sure you got the zoning changed all right?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 12:36 AM Last edited by gazania : 1st Oct 2017 at 6:34 AM.
I have no idea how, but I unstuck both of them. Problem is ... I would make one fix in one dorm but not do the same fix for the other, so I'm not 100% sure about the solution. I present my follies as trouble-shooting steps, though.

Dorm 1 ... Pictured in previous post.

As I was working on the dorm you see here, my daughter commented that she had a similar problem, and found it helpful to make sure that all rooms had a hallway. Her rooms were also open to the elements.

Problem is, I fixed that. It didn't work ... for a time.

I went on to Dorm 2 (also based very heavily on a RL building). It's very different in style and layout. I'll post some general pictures here in a moment:

Dorm 2 ... Old:

Dorm 2 ... Version that works:

Why it now works is puzzling. One was re-zoned as a dorm before putting it in the bin; one (the first one) was a residential rezoned to dorm in the Uni hood before I moved in Sims. I thought there was a need for a guest bathroom, which is important to a hotel. But one has one that I just put in there; one does not. (Though I plan to at least stick in a Veranka all-in-one in the one that still doesn't have a bathroom ... I doubt if any guest would want to cut through a dorm room to use the facilities!)

(By the way, in the second dorm, the kitchen is on the main floor, as are two dorm rooms, a TV viewing area and a study area. Level 2 has two dorm rooms. Level 3 has the recreation room. Each dorm has its own bathroom and shower. So it does not seem that placing a kitchen or a recreation room on a different floor is causing the problem.)

The only thing I can see is that an enclosed hallway of some sort is desirable, even if you treat it as a sort of closed breezeway ... and perhaps that is more important if you have a dorm instead of a house. And perhaps, extra non-Myne doors in a dorm room to anything other than a bathroom could be a problem, as might be the situation in the second dorm. The instance of a dorm that I remember having small mini-porches might have actually been a house ... I haven't played that lot in at least five to seven years, and it's no longer in my lot bin; nor do I have pictures of it. And for all I know, I might have had the same problem if it was a dorm. You kind of get a fuzzy memory after ten years and at least 8, 10, 12 or more dorms! Lastly, the dorm (?) with the porches was definitely pre-AL. I got AL in late 2013/early 2014. It could be that apartments changed certain aspects of building.

Also, if faced with this situation, it looks like you have to back up the hood, make the fixes in your tester, move Sims out of the dorm, then move them back in again to test them. Then, once you're sure everything works, do the same fixes in your good game, move your Sims out, move them back in. The dorm will not automatically unstick because you made the fixes. You have to reset your dorm students, so to speak.

According to my daughter, she was able to make the students graduate OK with her glitched dorms. However, she bulldozed the dorms after graduation and used Maxis ones.

Now to pretty up the lots (they're looking kind of "meh" now, and I see lots of little fixes), fix, rezone and bin the corrected copies, get my good game in there, move Sims out and in, and test again! Let's see if this is fixed for good. I might want to try this in a test hood as well ... make sure the dorms work with fresh students.

Instructor
#4 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 9:18 AM
Could it have something to do with the front door (or lack thereof)? I can't see exactly according to the pictures, but pulling a wild guess out the air, I wonder if there's some kind of a scheduler coding dependency thingamabob (highfalutin' tech support you're getting here, amirite?), that needs a recognizable main entrance, similar to how on a home lot, after you've had a party, guests start to lose track of where your front door is and fail to come ring the doorbell when they're invited? I don't know -- it's the first thing that jumped out at me, and even though I can't see how they could be connected, it's my knee-jerk guess.

I love the apartment-slash-shipping-container design, though! Very cool!

PS: I may simply not be seeing the entrance -- feel free to ignore ;p
just a girl
#5 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 11:26 AM Last edited by Lamare : 1st Oct 2017 at 12:04 PM.
The problem is probably not about building design, it may have to do with the lot being built in non-uni hood before being placed to uni. Notifications you mention come from a function that may have gotten deactivated. When it runs for the first time it checks where it is and if it doesn't think it's on college lot it goes to eternal sleep. The only way I can think of to wake it up is a mod. I could make you one if you're up for it. Or you can try rebuilding this dorm on a fresh new lot in uni hood (because who knows what else got borked besides this thing).
ETA: Or maybe lot reset could help? I don't know.

By the way, similar thing happens when you move residential lot built in uni to main hood. Sims do not age on that lot

By the way (2), the first dorm is lovely! And the second too!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 6:20 PM Last edited by gazania : 1st Oct 2017 at 7:09 PM.
Ok ... I wasn't clear again. And again ... sorry!

The lot was binned as residential, but created in the Uni hood. It was not created in a non-Uni hood. That might have saved me there! In short, I didn't rezone before binning. That does not appear to be a main problem. See next paragraph, please.

And I THINK I got the dorms to work correctly, but right now, I'm applying the changes I made in the V2s to my base lots, and plan to bin them separately, keeping the base lot package just in case. I'm not 100% sure I did fix the problem, though, but the changes I made to the dorms seem to work normally. One dorm had been binned as a dorm; the other was binned as a residence in the Uni hood (again, I wasn't clear), and not rezoned prior to placing it on campus.

Also, I brought back the lower balcony space on the second dorm, but converted it into extra space for the TV area and study area. I used an awful lot of Talia's 3t2 Container build. It's great for when you get the urge to build a container structure. The file is HUGE, though ... I'm only using about 30 - 40 percent of it! All sorts of container accessories for your container-building indulgences! It's at SimPearls. And there are two single front doors in front. Talia elevated them slightly in case someone wanted to stick a floor hardware overlay under them.

Thank you for the compliments, by the way! I'm fascinated by shipping container designs, and did some research into common sizes of containers (There are a few of them) to try to get the dimensions fairly accurate. Unfortunately, you can't get the exact dimensions, but you can come fairly close. This lot file is packed with CC, though ... probably not a good thing re MTS or even Tumblr.

Anyway, back to the problem ... to make sure I fixed the problem, I would need to test both styles in my throwaway version of my good hood, and probably plop them in another test hood to ensure that the students get all their notifications. And I think by moving the students out and then in, which it looks like I HAD to do to get the lots to work again, it might be a de facto lot resetting of some sort. The last part was a key part. When I left the students in the dorms, nothing happened.

So I'm finishing up my "prettifying" the second lot (the one with blue-green-gray colors), and once binned as a dorm (because really, that was a silly idea to bin them as residential ... a house created in a Uni hood has some problems in a main hood, as I already found out ... pregnancies can get borked), it will be thoroughly tested in my test version of my good game, then plopped in a separate hood in a test game.

And the problem was? I believe, though am not sure, that the key is doors and entrances to the dorm rooms. In the first example (primary colors), the doors faced outside. Once I enclosed them in a breezeway-like hall and moved students out and back in, I got all my notifications. I've done a shipping container dorm before, but the doors were all enclosed. The kitchen was away from the dorms in the older build, so it does not appear you have to enclose the entire dorm. Mainly the dorm rooms.

In the second dorm, the doors facing a patio seemed to be a problem. The Myne doors were enclosed, but now that I have AL (I believe I had a previous dorm with patios, but that was before I got that EP, and my memory is really fuzzy about this dorm .... I last played it at least 5 - 7 years ago, and never packaged it), the game may be a little stricter when it comes to doors. I stupidly realized after altering my dorm that I could have used invisible walls and a bit of like trickery to give the illusion of a patio, but I'm not re-altering the dorm I just spent hours re-altering! I do still have the base lot, though. I did not toss it out. I should give it a try with the invisible walls and assorted tricks and see if I get all the notifications.

just a girl
#7 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 7:45 PM
It's me who should've been clearer in saying that building a lot in non-uni hood was just a theory. It was nice one, though. But, as some physicist said, it doesn't matter how pretty your theory is, if it's wrong, it's wrong >.< Oh well. So, the new theory is doors facing outside without proper entrance? You got me curious, so I'll try that, since I'm testing stuff in uni anyway.

I actually like the metal+glass version of the first dorm. Will try to make something similar for my own use.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 8:57 PM Last edited by gazania : 1st Oct 2017 at 9:29 PM.
I really do think it's a door issue. I just made a second remake of the blue/green/gray lot, because now I'm curious myself. it looks like the old version, but instead of patios, they are enclosed rooms with a glass wall.

Oh ... I'm getting too lazy for Imgur right now. It's below. MTS, if you want me to put this on Imgur, I'll do so.

If my theory is correct, the extra door in each dorm shouldn't matter. The dorm will function as normal. That door is no longer facing outside.

If my theory is incorrect, I'll be getting dropped notifications again. This hood is now a test hood, so once I find what's what, I can put the proper packaged lots in what will be my good version of the hood. I will have to test this much later, though, so if you folks don't hear from me for a while, real life is starting to make some serious demands on my time. Drat!

And I'm starting to like those enclosures as well. Maybe this problem has some good points Thank you for the comment.

I wish I could upload at least this lot to MTS at this point and after all this renovation, but even limited CC would be a problem. This CC for the second lot does not appear to be low-poly, and it's really needed to make this lot pop, IMO. This file is 33 MB or so. Even if I weed out the recolors (NO small feat because that list is so long), and do some Maxis substitutions (I could use Maxis sofas, for instance), it would probably still be hefty. Also, I would prefer to create any lot for upload in clean, unplayed hoods in a vanilla game to make sure it's as squeaky-clean as I can manage it. I wonder if I could reconstruct it in the vanilla game? With all these remakes, I'm getting a pretty darn good idea of the floor plan again! Might be good for a personal challenge in the future.

The other lot might be easier, since it does not have Talia CC, but there is a whole lot of CC there, too! (29 MB ... again, though, I can delete doubles and make some Maxis substitutions, and once I zip the file, perhaps I can reduce that to at least half ... still pretty large, though!). But I digress ...

One thing, Lamare, is that moving students out and back in once the dorm is fixed IS a must. You are absolutely correct on that, and that is a huge point if anyone else encounters this.
Screenshots

just a girl
#9 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 10:20 PM
I made this sketchy dorm to test out doors. Zoned as dorm, moved a sim -- and had a notification about class as usual. So we can have bare rooms with no hallways in dorms. It doesn't answer the question how your lots (or sims) got borked, but anyway.

It's good that you found a way to fix your dorms, they're really cool.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 10:49 PM
I honestly can't see anything either, will have to think about it. It IS a lovely wannabe dorm, though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 12:58 AM Last edited by gazania : 2nd Oct 2017 at 5:45 AM.
So ... Not a zoning problem if you build in a Uni hood. Not a door issue. And I wouldn't be surprised if you can have patios to your heart's content. Now I am really confused. I know when my daughter had the same problem with one of her Unis, it seemed that enclosing the hallway worked for her, but now it looks like something else may be at play.

About the only given seems to be that when fixing the dorm, you should use a test hood and once you believe you fixed the problem, while in your good game, you need to reset the dorm by moving the students out, then back in. Maybe.

Anyway, fingers crossed I fixed whatever it was. I will find out much later. I am away from my game.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 9:36 AM Last edited by gazania : 2nd Oct 2017 at 4:43 PM.
Excuse the double-post, but I think I really did find the problem this time ... and it's really weird. It utterly makes no sense .... maybe.

I put both variations of Dorm 2 in the hood. I might have left out an important piece of info here ... I try to package my dorms without the NPC cook. Before I move students in, I switch out the stove, put in the overhead sprinkler. and add any other kitchen appliances I need. With these last four dorms, I MIGHT ... might ... have put the stove in as I moved in the students.

This time around, with Dorm variation 1 of Dorm 2 (the blue/green/gray one without the enclosed patios), I realized I forgot the stove and the sprinkler and stuck those in there right after I moved the students. No notifications. That was odd ... the place wasn't that different from the picture shown with the lot that worked properly! I moved the students out, but before I gave up, I deleted and replaced the stove and the sprinkler and put the students back in there. The notifications started.

How could it be the stove, I wondered? I thought it was something else initially. What, I didn't know. I placed the dorm with the enclosed patios and moved in students. This time, I remembered the stove, but forgot other things, and started moving stuff around in the kitchen and redecorating. Before I redecorated, I got the notifications. Once I moved stuff around, some of the notifications stopped. I got the met professor memories, but not the class time memories. I moved the students back out, replaced the stove again, made sure everything was in there, and moved the students back in. Success!

Freaky. It couldn't be the stove! Just for fun, I decided to move the students out of one of the original "bad" dorms, replaced the Shiny Tyme stove with the same stove (replacement seemed to be a must ... not just moving the students back in), and moved the kids back in. The dorm worked fine. Well, there was a stuck door, but I used dormtoolsdisabled and replaced the door before the Sim claimed it. No problem.

I now have two to three versions of the same dorm! Well, I will have variety, I guess!

The stove was never that big a deal in the past. I replaced it in the dorm a few times the first couple of years I played Sims 2 because initially, I didn't realize or forgot that the dorms needed that stove to generate the NPC, but that was way before AL. I just can't believe that fiddling with the stove in-game seems to cause problems, but it seems that is the case in my game!

Maybe it's related to a CC mod. I haven't a clue!

just a girl
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 10:42 AM
Are those variations all copies of the same lot from the bin or have you rebuilt a dorm on a new lot?
The theory is: Maybe the lot is borked in the bin. And you place a copy from the bin that has the same error all over again. You "fix" it by moving around furniture and walls, but it may not be the thing that has any effect. Maybe all the lot needs is to be re-saved and to have some sims moved in and out (to kind of reset things)?
Sorry if you did that and I missed where you said that.
ETA: I really think it's the lot, not the building (unless you have some buggy CC that messes up main functions of sims' majors -- I don't think normal stove can do that).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 10:46 AM
Did you build this dorm in a uni hood or in a regular hood? Sorry if its been asked I haven't read the thread. if you built it in a main hood I would say that is the issue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 4:38 PM Last edited by gazania : 2nd Oct 2017 at 4:48 PM.
Built in a Uni hood. I wasn't sure at first, but now, as I'm thinking about it, I am. Packaged with a non-Shiny-Tyme stove.

The lots were all derived from the same base, which was zoned residential, but rebuilt and the newer versions rezoned before binning. I know that was one theory we had before this ... not rezoning before binning.

At any rate, it seems a relief to know that there seems to be an easy solution! And now I can choose just which dorm variation tickles my fancy. (Might as well keep all of them!)

But no, it doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. I remember replacing the stove so, so many times back in 2006 - 2007 because I absent-mindedly put in the wrong one! There might have been an inherent bug in the two lots, but the more I look at my lots, the more I can't figure out just what that would be.

Maybe one solution would be to not put in a stove at all before packaging in the future. Thinking about it, it's pretty unnecessary. Take the dorm out of the bin, plop it in the Uni Lot, make all fixes, including the Shiny Tyme stove, move in Sims. If that doesn't work, move them out then back in again.

There is a CC item in my folder that deals with the stove .... the NPC everywhere one ... but if that was a problem, I would think we'd hear of it before. This is a commonly-used mod with no known bugs. Unless I just found one after all these years. I do have a real talent for that! (See my experiences re the Community College mod ... that was awful. This is just annoying.)

Now it's time to pull out the test hood, and put what I hope will be a good copy back in there. Make thorough stove and kitchen fixes in the dorms after moving students out ... even replace the dorms now if I feel like it. Then see if I get the same results.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 6:55 PM
I am glad to see you have sort of solved it, @gazania.

There are no sprinkles in any of my working dorms, because those interfere with my way of playing - and I have also removed them from the one maxi dorm that I use - so sprinkles are not necessary for a dorm to work.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 8:21 PM Last edited by gazania : 4th Oct 2017 at 7:56 AM.
Well, I may have to prepare a hearty dish of crow (or crow-futti ... I'd rather not eat a crow, actually!). I might have been wrong. It really does look like some sort of lot glitch. I just had to move out my SIms, fix the lots, move them in (without saving), move them out again, move them in. This time, everything worked. So Lamare is correct ... I had to do that to get rid of the problem.

This is making me wonder if I DID make the dorms in a non-Uni hood. I'm really starting to question my memory. Could I be wrong?

I would think the only way to find out would be to reconstruct (not renovate or rezone ... build from the ground up) a dorm in a different game (my Rabbie the Bear test hood, in which no Sims have been played will do, and I have the essential mods and CEP in there already). Make utterly sure it was in a Uni hood and rezoned for dorms before packaging. Check it once ... and check it again. I will make and package it without a stove.

Then plop in one of my test hoods in my good game (I've had enough with playing around in my good hoods, thanks!) and see if the same thing happens. If I plop in the stove, move in students, and everything is fine, great. If the stove is causing issues, package the lot with the stove. Try again.

I suppose the first day of school doesn't count as a celebration, does it? It certainly wasn't a celebration for me!

Or maybe ... Homecoming? That's a big college celebration thing! Use the Maxis wall hangings, perhaps a buffet table for after the game, do some autumnal stuff? Maybe. That might fit the current MTS theme nicely. I may take a break before doing this, though! Moderators ... your verdict?

It took two or three hours to plop the new dorms in, fix them (lots of little things I missed, alas), move everyone in, move everyone out, move everyone back in, make sure each student got a notification, etc. Egads. I'm thinking that if reconstructing the one test hall in the test hood works, I might want to do both. I have a few future concerns, such as :

1. What happens once you move a new student in? I did have Maxis dormies move in, and they appeared to go to classes OK. But I would need to test that further.
2. What about "met professor" memories? If I recall, you don't get those all the time. My Sims were well-established in college. I would need to move in a fresh Sim once someone graduates. I have more than enough college students to deal with now, thanks!
3. Will community lot notifications be OK? I need to test that. Later. I'm pretty burnt-out now! And
4. Will I have to do this EVERY TIME I plop these in a hood? That could get really annoying!

Time to start up a Uni in the Rabbie Bear hood. That can be my play-test hood now. Also, let me name the two dorms. Dorm 1 (Bright colors) was either Hammond Hall or Naftali hall in my game. Let's call that one Naftali Hall. The other one was Cibrian Hall or Julius Hall. Julius Hall it is then. So may I introduce:

Naftali Hall:

Julius Hall (Variation 1 ... I'm not sure whether I'll go with Variation 2, but that would be in another thread here)

My Sims seem to prefer this variation. They love woo-hooing on the sofas in the glass rooms. Terrific!

Can these lots be saved ... v 2? (PROVIDED they work OK after reconstructing them. Big IF.) Could they work with the celebrations theme? What say you? I see there needs to be a little work done. First, though, I will have to try to save them ... at least their siblings!

P. S. CC will have to be pared down ... a lot. So what you see will look different from the final product. I can use the same metal walls for both, and will probably go with Naftali's.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 2:14 AM
The cooktop or not does not effect the actual working of a dorm, it will function fine without one. Not that you should upload such a dorm but its fine for your own game. Your sims simply have to cook.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 7:57 AM
I think the dorms will be a great addition to the uploads - it is not something that is uploaded every day either.
To work with the celebration team, I think you could set it up for a graduation party (that is a celebration, isn't it?) by using some decor or something?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 10:30 AM Last edited by gazania : 13th Oct 2017 at 11:53 AM.
After finally getting a version ready (I admit I haven't been in the best emotional shape to be doing this lately ... lots of RL stuff is getting me down), I packaged it, orb-d it to make sure that so far, there is nothing nasty, and put it in my good game. I will try it in a test hood. I did not clean references because this was an unplayed dorm in a virgin hood. I've already been told that cleaning references was unnecessary in that case. NSL/SEPC was already running when I created this hood.

This was absolutely, positively made in a Uni hood, and will be zoned as a dorm before placing it. (Snipped bit here ... I can be so silly sometimes!)

I changed stuff around. A lot. I'm opting for an elevator instead of the stairs. All-spiral ones just don't work with the design, the Maxis ones are clunky, and I'm trying to pare down the CC. I'm trying for a list of 12 CC items or fewer. I blush to tell you how large the CC lists were for the two pictured here. At least half to a two thirds of the CC is build mode in this new build, and the other CC, I'm debating whether to make optional or not. If people want them, fine. If not, fine.

Also, I can imagine some poor college student with a huge bunch of heavy textbooks and awkward projects trying to climb all those Naftali stairs in the older version! Egads! I did include some stairs I've actually seen in container-house builds (CC) in the back, in case the college student can't wait for the elevator.

The one thing that concerns me is the custom windows. Sometimes, not having the custom windows on a lot can cause blue flashies, and if my lot turns out to be one of them, it's going to look like a huge neon flash-fest, rather than a bunch of Maxis windows, which is also often the case. They're Windkeeper windows, and I'm not sure how Windkeeper made them.

Even with decor, though, I'm not sure if it screams. "Homecoming"! I stuck lots of Maxis llama stuff on the lot, as well as a bonfire and fireworks. I tried to make it fit the Homecoming theme as much as possible without make a huuuuge CC list.

There are some things I'm not sure about the lot, though, much like Rabbie; a case of "does this work or does that work"?

But first, I want to see if the blasted thing functions correctly before posting more pictures! So far, so good. If anyone is even following this lengthy saga, here is a sneak peek of v2 of this lot. V1 has enclosed entranceways. I'll post both versions for perusal and advice once I'm sure the routing is OK. I'm sure I'll be making changes to this one, so I might just post another thread. I also want to make another lot that isn't a dorm, and might as well post both lots in the same thread.