Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Empty World

by zoid5 Posted 3rd Oct 2017 at 6:04 PM - Updated 18th May 2019 at 11:03 AM by HugeLunatic

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 6:57 PM
Thanks for this! Just one bit of feedback, the save doesn't work unless you remove the .ver0 from the end of the filename.

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 9:47 PM
Is this all the worlds together in one place? I do not have Forgotten Hollow so will see what happens if I use it. Or could it be made without that world?
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 10:16 PM
Help me, it won't work. I've deleted the end of the save file and done it without deleting it and I've moved out all save files from folder as a last desperate attempt. Please help me with this, I would really like to use it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 12:00 AM
Oh, thank you so much for uploading this! I hate going through and bulldozing everything and getting rid of all the families when I want to try and do one challenge or another...and then decide I don't like where it's going and delete the emptied world...:/
You just saved me a lot of trouble, so thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 6:59 PM
So, this will replace all the worlds, or will add all the worlds again and will have more world to play?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 8:22 PM Last edited by Skanning : 4th Oct 2017 at 8:25 PM. Reason: keying error
This is not a new thing. Others have also done this (on tumblr). You're simply starting another save so that when you pull up the game you'll have to choose which save you want. Your current game should still be there if that's the save you select. I'm only leery because I get easily confused on anything techie. He's right about saving your saves file before you download but understand that many others who do challenges esp the history ones have been using similar mods since the game came out. Everyone seems to think it's a piece of cake, so to speak lol Since I build much more than I play, I'm going to try this as I've run out of lots a long time ago. My gallery library is getting full of lots I didn't really want to give up but I needed (needed?) the space to build another inspiration
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skanning
This is not a new thing. Others have also done this (on tumblr). You're simply starting another save so that when you pull up the game you'll have to choose which save you want. Your current game should still be there if that's the save you select. I'm only leery because I get easily confused on anything techie. He's right about saving your saves file before you download but understand that many others who do challenges esp the history ones have been using similar mods since the game came out. Everyone seems to think it's a piece of cake, so to speak lol Since I build much more than I play, I'm going to try this as I've run out of lots a long time ago. My gallery library is getting full of lots I didn't really want to give up but I needed (needed?) the space to build another inspiration

hahaha ok! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 8:40 PM
Default Empty Worlds
Quote: Originally posted by BreezyHoodie
Help me, it won't work. I've deleted the end of the save file and done it without deleting it and I've moved out all save files from folder as a last desperate attempt. Please help me with this, I would really like to use it!

Okay, I downloaded it and it does work. What you have to do is just COPY and PASTE YOUR Saves File to Desktop first. THEN you click on the file here to download and then unzip /extract it to Documents-Electronic Arts-The Sims 4-Saves. After that you must delete the .ver1 of the file name in your saves folder, Just check the date of the file you just extracted to saves for the correct one to do this to, mine was slot_00000006.ver1. It will depend on how many saves you have, but will be the last save slot. When you start the game click on Load Game and you should have a picture of a new couple with your other saved games, click on this couple and you will be loading the empty Worlds saved game. Your other saved games and worlds will still be there when you play each saved game. But this ONE save lets you create all the Worlds from Empty. DO NOT save it as an overwrite on your other saved games as you will lose them.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 8:45 PM
Default Empty Worlds
Quote: Originally posted by MrsPuddleduck
Is this all the worlds together in one place? I do not have Forgotten Hollow so will see what happens if I use it. Or could it be made without that world?

Yes I downloaded this and it works with any Worlds that you have but as I do not have Forgotten Hollow it will not have that World to play but the others are there.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 12:13 AM
This might be helpful when I go and write my Adam and Eve+Historical changelle
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 1:40 AM
he'll yes!!! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 7:59 PM
Proved to be a lot of fun. Thanx
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 10:55 AM
Great work :-) Definitely saves other people a lot of time - so thanks for investing your time in this :-)

• Watch my Sims 4 Speed Builds & Let's Plays on YouTube.
  • Chat with me on Twitter. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 1:55 PM
Not working :/ too bad for me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 6:57 AM
Thanks for the tip! I will remove that.
Quote: Originally posted by nuidyaforever
Thanks for this! Just one bit of feedback, the save doesn't work unless you remove the .ver0 from the end of the filename.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 6:58 AM
That is really good to know! I was not sure what would happen.

Quote: Originally posted by MrsPuddleduck
Yes I downloaded this and it works with any Worlds that you have but as I do not have Forgotten Hollow it will not have that World to play but the others are there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cor69p
So, this will replace all the worlds, or will add all the worlds again and will have more world to play?

Nope! It is just a new save where everything has been demolished. You would load it like your other saves.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 7:12 AM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I just uploaded a version 2 that hasn't got the ".ver1" at the end of the file name. Learn something new every day!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 10:47 AM
Thank you very much
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 9:27 PM
How do you save this new save without overwriting the others? duh...I have not been using other saved games so I want to be sure I don't overwrite. Do I save while the new saved game is up but then clean exit without using save again? I know when quitting the game there's a clean EXIT...and there's a SAVE and EXIT. I'm a belt&suspenders person...before I get into this I want to be absolutely sure what I'm going to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skanning
How do you save this new save without overwriting the others? duh...I have not been using other saved games so I want to be sure I don't overwrite. Do I save while the new saved game is up but then clean exit without using save again? I know when quitting the game there's a clean EXIT...and there's a SAVE and EXIT. I'm a belt&suspenders person...before I get into this I want to be absolutely sure what I'm going to do.

When you put the save file in your save file it will pop up as a completely separate save from your other saves. If you are wanting to have multiple instances of the empty world save, I suggest opening it the save file and using "save as" when you are saving for the first time and giving it a unique name. This should ensure if you want to redownload this your saved games should be fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 9:17 AM
Just what I was looking for!!! SUPERB!!! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 7:30 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 12:48 AM
Will there soon be an empty version of the Cats and Dogs town too?
Page 1 of 2