Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Use bush enabled

by gummilutt Posted 8th Oct 2017 at 2:25 PM - Updated 9th Oct 2017 at 7:42 PM by gummilutt

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 2:45 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try and report back if I have any problems. This is really a cool mod.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:01 PM
Oh my... what a great mod!
My pups say, "What a relief - thanks!"

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:11 PM
Love it ! However will dogs still be able to autonomously pee inside (in order to annoy their master ;) ) ?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
Love it ! However will dogs still be able to autonomously pee inside (in order to annoy their master ) ?

Yes This doesn't in any way change the pee options pets have on the floor, so both cats and dogs can and will still pee on the floor, both inside and outside. However, it is theoretically possible that because they now have yet another choice for peeing, that they could pee less on the floor. It depends on how the advertising is set up, for bushes and for floor pee. I could look in to it if you or someone else is worried about floor pee

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 4:49 PM
This is so useful, thank you so much! I always wondered why dogs/cats cannot use bushes when they definitely does it on real life, now I know :p
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:49 PM
Marvelous! Thank you for your work :)
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
It is theoretically possible that because they now have yet another choice for peeing, that they could pee less on the floor. It depends on how the advertising is set up, for bushes and for floor pee. I could look in to it if you or someone else is worried about floor pee

Thanks for the answer and yes, it would be kind of you to look into it if you have time to ! *Not used to request*
I think that if the dog is trained to pee outside, it should go for outside floor/bush instead of inside floor, but if it is not trained, it should go to the easiest way to go, is it floor inside or floor/bush outside.
As for knowing if it might prefer bush over outside floor, I modestly think it should rather go for the bush if not too far. But anyway, it's fine either way.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:11 PM
Fabulous fix! You are brilliant, gummlutt!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 7:56 PM
Hooorray and thank you!
I've got two other mods: "Pee on hike" and "Pee on jog" for pets, but sometimes my lazy sims don't go jog or hike or are busy at work/with infants...so this might be useful
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 11:01 PM
Just so you know it does conflict with Dukasha' s Shrub toilet hack
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 4:03 AM
Nice.. seems like my dogs always pee on the grass, resulting in weeds?? This has always driven me nuts and I've wondered why the dogs don't do the most realistic thing and pee on the bushes.. Thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 5:21 AM
Oh, that's interesting! although my dogs do (not using hacks) run Bush ! and defecate next to the Bush (if trained).
those who are stupid defecate everywhere.
it's nice to see the animation of the dog!
cat also lifts the leg?
for cat it's weird.... ..if raises.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
Thanks for the answer and yes, it would be kind of you to look into it if you have time to !

Can't promise I'll actually change how it works, but I'll take a look at code and at least give you some more information

Quote: Originally posted by retrosimdream
Nice.. seems like my dogs always pee on the grass, resulting in weeds?? This has always driven me nuts and I've wondered why the dogs don't do the most realistic thing and pee on the bushes.. Thanks

I'm afraid using a bush to pee still creates a puddle, which would result in weeds. Might look into the interaction itself at some point and remove the puddle, to simulate it just waters the bush.

Quote: Originally posted by kjkjljkjkjkjljkj
cat also lifts the leg?
for cat it's weird.... ..if raises.

It doesn't. From what I could tell cats use the female dog animation, so they lower their rear towards the ground when peeing.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 7:36 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 10th Oct 2017 at 1:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ClearaMorph
Just so you know it does conflict with Dukasha' s Shrub toilet hack

Thank you for reporting that. Unfortunately that hack was pre-Pets existance, and has not been updated for pets. So even if I made a version where the conflicting resources are compatible, her other code disables pets from using bushes because she replaces the use bush bhav and hers does not allow pets. I would have to re-make her hack in order to offer you both, and I'm afraid I'm not interested in making a mod like that since I get enough of men peeing on things in real life, don't want it in my Sims game.

So you'll have to choose between this mod, and Dukashas mod

Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 12:57 AM
I love you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 8:43 PM
Oh, very useful! Specially since I play historical games and cats using litter boxes just doesn't cut it in those cases.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 11:46 PM
@gummilutt As always this mod is great I have a question please will this work with creator TwoJeff's "Perfect Garden" Mod ?
Forum Resident
#19 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 4:29 AM
I imagine this mod will be very useful for many. Yes, over the years there have been creators who've made trees and bushes for pets to pee on and I've never used any of them. Seeing this post caused me to think about the pets in my current game and pets I've had in game in years past. Some dogs choose the shrubs/bushes as their spot to pee; others like to pee in the flowers (which really annoys me, lol!); and some like wide open spaces. I don't have any mods in my game that tell pets where to pee nor do I control my pets. I've also never had a cat that didn't use the litter box. I'm wondering if there are other factors that determine how pets choose where they will relieve themselves.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 7:59 PM
@Simonut It does not conflict with perfect gardens, so yes it will work with the perfect garden mod

Meet Me In My Next Life
#21 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 1:44 AM
@Simonut It does not conflict with perfect gardens, so yes it will work with the perfect garden mod

Oh great, no conflict with TJ Perfect garden thanks for your reply another great mod here.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Instructor
#22 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 2:07 AM
Can't promise I'll actually change how it works, but I'll take a look at code and at least give you some more information

Informations are good enough, as I know it's time consuming. Thanks.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 6:56 PM
OMGYESSSSSS!! (I like this.)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:21 AM
Thank you for this great mod!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 8:47 PM
Finally playing a Newman home and this is a MUST. Thank you for the mod!
Page 1 of 2