Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Obsolete? Place in World Objects

by K9DB Posted 1st Nov 2017 at 6:51 PM - Updated 28th Sep 2020 at 2:19 AM by K9DB

185 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 136 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 7:24 PM
Thank you so much!, I have a little request, what about some of these other objects?: The wishing well and the fountain from Romantic Garden Stuff, the hot tubs from Perfect Patio, it would be nice to have some of these on open spaces.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bubblegumfish
Thank you so much!, I have a little request, what about some of these other objects?: The wishing well and the fountain from Romantic Garden Stuff, the hot tubs from Perfect Patio, it would be nice to have some of these on open spaces.

I can't make any promises, sometimes the tuning just doesn't want to work, but I'll look into those
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 8:50 PM
This is dream come true! Thank you for this. The open areas can be so sparse, and I hated that there was no way to edit them. Now at last my Sims can have playground equipment in the picnic areas.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 8:54 PM
I would love a few grave stones so that we can make the empty space in Forgotten Hollow look a little bit more...creepy? lol
Either way, I will be watching the progress of this and my hat is off to you! Great work so far!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 12:48 AM
You are on to something really great here! Thank you and keep it up!
Banned
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:21 AM
the picnic tables are available in the catalogue though, I just checked
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:46 AM
I like your mod. It will be easier to place your objects in out of the way places than trying to use the "wear on head" cheat.

I think that one or two garden/park benches would be worth doing, especially for people like me who use LittleMsSam's power napping mod ( http://littlemssam.de/power-napping-on-sofas/ ). My fisherfolk would be happy to take the occasional power nap on a handy bench and then get back to "fishing week" and skip all that rubbish about sleeping in a tent for 8 hours.
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 3:40 AM
OMG THIS IS AWESOME! could you maybe PM me on how you did this? I have some custom content I wouldn't mind having in the open world, and I'm pretty fair with S4S
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 9:39 AM
Very good idea, thank you so much! PLEASE, PLEASE keep it updated <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 10:45 AM
Such labor of love! Thank you, this will enrich the world of sims so much. ;)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bubblegumfish

Wishing well added! Working on the fountain, but it'll take more tuning layers to get it to work, I'm almost there, but it might take a while. The hot tubs will probably be even more difficult, we'll see.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reitanna
the picnic tables are available in the catalogue though, I just checked

Yes, they're in the catalogue, but they aren't portable or "in world" place-able...Even the camping picnic table, which surprised me...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zaceitorius
OMG THIS IS AWESOME! could you maybe PM me on how you did this? I have some custom content I wouldn't mind having in the open world, and I'm pretty fair with S4S

OH! I forgot to add something in the credits! You'll need Notepad++ and XML Extractor and Finder too...I'll PM you...
Smeg Head
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 12:38 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 2nd Nov 2017 at 12:54 PM.
Hi, K9DB. Regarding the trouble you're having with the Toddler Stuff. I've run into this bother before when doing my Portable Personal Storage mods. Some objects need more than an edit to their Object XML.

Whether overriding a default object or cloning a new standalone version, you need to edit each of the Object Definition files. At very top of Object Definition binary file is the Components tab. Click Edit Items and in the newly opened box "Add" a new component line called "Live Drag" and save. Rinse and repeat for all binary files and try in game. Along with the edits to the Object XML, you should now be able to Live Drag objects into a sim's personal inventory, as well as the "Place In World," and "Put In Inventory" commands being visible and working on the objects. Good Luck.

P.S in similar testing ages ago for other mods, I discovered that if sims leave objects on community or world lots, and you later move home for that sim, the game rounds up all the stuff they've left lying about the world and puts it into their family inventory. Don't know if the game still does that. But I found back then the best way to leave the stuff untouched is to generate an unwanted sim to use for placing the stuff everywhere, then simply delete that sim from the game (delete, not kill) so the "abandoned" stuff truly belongs to nobody.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Hi, K9DB. Regarding the trouble you're having with the Toddler Stuff. I've run into this bother before when doing my Portable Personal Storage mods. Some objects need more than an edit to their Object XML.

Whether overriding a default object or cloning a new standalone version, you need to edit each of the Object Definition files. At very top of Object Definition binary file is the Components tab. Click Edit Items and in the newly opened box "Add" a new component line called "Live Drag" and save. Rinse and repeat for all binary files and try in game. Along with the edits to the Object XML, you should now be able to Live Drag objects into a sim's personal inventory, as well as the "Place In World," and "Put In Inventory" commands being visible and working on the objects. Good Luck.

Ooooo...Thank you so much Coolspear! So there's hope after all! YAY! I'll take a look at that right after I finish some other items.
...right, ok...I couldn't wait and went to take a look if I could find what meant...is this in S4PE or S4Studio? Studio doesn't have an update for Toddler Stuff yet...I'll keep looking...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 12:56 PM
Thanks for the kind words all! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy No promises, but I'll take a look into your requests
Smeg Head
#18 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 12:57 PM
Yep, I was referring to Sims 4 Studio displaying the binary files that way. (Plus I added a little P.S on my previous post regarding object ownership rules.)

And another P.S - I just did a quick search using S4S, and it does have the Toddler Stuff to extract. I'm looking at the ball pit object as I write this.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:02 PM
Yep, I was referring to Sims 4 Studio displaying the binary files that way. (Plus I added a little P.S on my previous post regarding object ownership rules.)

Thanks Coolspear! That ownership info is really useful! I've never tried that! That might mean I don't have to make Non-Overrides for everything if it still removes the objects when moving house. Their main purpose was to prevent objects being permanently stuck if something went wrong. I'll have to look into that as well!
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:06 PM
You can use the Debug Delete Object in such cases. Any object anywhere in the world can be removed via that little cheat.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:10 PM
You can use the Debug Delete Object in such cases. Any object anywhere in the world can be removed via that little cheat.

REALL?! OMG!! I didn't know about that...Will test immediately! Thank you soooo much! That will save me so much effort when making these objects!
@coolspear1 Can't seem to find it, how does the cheat work?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:26 PM
Hmm...moving house with the "owner" family doesn't seem to work anymore, the objects are still in the world, but that debug cheat might be just what I need...pleeease let it work...
Smeg Head
#23 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
@coolspear1 Can't seem to find it, how does the cheat work?

If Debug cheats are activated (via another mod such a MCCC) then shift-click on any object that would normally display command options and "Delete" should be visible. The same as the silly "Set Object as Head" Debug cheat.

P.S I seems that old ownership rule was changed then. A patch earlier this year reworked some stuff regarding ownership, new code on XMLs and new string text. So that when a player tries to put an object into their sim's inventory that does not belong to that sim, a tool tip message explains it does not belong to them, so they can't. I wonder though, did it ignore modded object only? As that time it happened to me ages ago it was all default crafted stuff my sim had left in the art gallery and gizmos at the science labs.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:49 PM
If Debug cheats are activated (via another mod such a MCCC) then shift-click on any object that would normally display command options and "Delete" should be visible. The same as the silly "Set Object as Head" Debug cheat.

Oh, I don't have MCCC, that might explain it...let me go get it...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
Oh, I don't have MCCC, that might explain it...let me go get it...

We're talking about the Control centre right? I've never actually used it, heard about it though...where is it again? Can't seem to find it?

E: Nevermind, found it, I think...about to test...
Page 1 of 8