Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animated Wood Spiral Stairs by Raynuss Recoloured

by Michelle Posted 9th Nov 2017 at 9:46 AM - Updated 15th Jul 2018 at 9:00 AM by Michelle : added MESHES

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:33 AM
They turned out really beautiful, Michelle! I especially like the Colorbond and Bohemian colors, for that "Old World" look.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 7:06 PM
Fantastic, thanks Michelle
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 8:42 PM
You always do such beautiful work, Michelle. Thank you for so many color choices!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:00 PM
Wonderful work as always Michelle. Thank you so much for sharing. :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 5:50 AM
A big thanks for this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:52 PM
Great idea, recoloring these stairs! I love them, but now they'll be even easier to use. Thanks, Michelle!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 1:28 AM
Oh, wow, thank you, Michelle! I have loved these stairs since Ray created them and I am so thrilled to have all these additional colors for them! Awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 1:33 PM
So cute those wooden/white recolors! Thank you, Michelle. You're a Great One!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 6:25 PM
Oh Help! Ray's site has been removed. Any chance of someone having the stairs meshes?
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 8:54 AM
@herr burgermeister - I have sent a message to Ray asking if I can include his meshes, with my recolours, haven't heard back from him yet. I also have some of Ray's files uploaded to HERE.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  RDN_Animated Spiral stairs.rar (21.60 MB, 440 downloads)

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 3:20 AM
Thank you, Michelle.
With a bit of sleuthing, I found over at SimCave a thread someone started the same day. People have been supplying links to SFS and Ray's personal MediaFiles.
It's sad to see another very talented creator like Ray leave. But sometimes, things happen, and we simply must move on in whatever direction life takes us.
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 1:18 AM
Thank you a lot ! I have a quick questrion though, these dont't appear animated in my game, my sims just dissapear form one floor to another.. and well the name of the stairs does say "animated". Am I missing something? Won't a scriptorium file still be needed?
Thanks in advace!!
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 10:34 AM
@xtph - No other files are need for the stairs to work, they just get put in your downloads folder. I went in game to tested them and have included a pic below of the stairs working in my game.

If they are not working correctly in your game it is quite possible you may have something that is conflicting with them. The only thing I can suggest is you run the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility by Paladin, as Simswardrobe is no longer around you can get a copy of it HERE.
Screenshots

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 12:55 AM
Thank you Michelle. Amazing as always. Really appreciate the upload of the
RDN_Animated Spiral stairs.rar. Well wishes.
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 3:26 PM
Mesh is missing link not working
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 3:51 AM
@Steph AF - The MESHES can be found under the Files tab. The first file "RDN_Animated Spiral stairs.rar"

Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 7:56 PM
Default Stairs causing Buy mode sculpture to disappear off catalog.
Um, hi, So, I'm doing a bit of CC troubleshooting because of missing buy mode items, and I've noticed that by including these stairs (the original meshes) in my downloads, the item "On a Pedestal by Yucan Byall" subsequently disappears off the buy catalog completely. Is this a problem anybody else has had? if so, how should I go about it? Could it be a conflict with other piece of CC or base game stuff? it's not a major deal breaker but it's certainly annoying and I don't know what to do about it.

Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 10:33 AM
@CarlosMZ12268 -Thought I was going to be for a very long night looking for the unchanged GUID, turn out to be the 2nd file I opened. I hope Raynuss doesn't mind, I changed the GUID on the offending file. Please remove the file named "RDN-WoodSpiralStairsRailing1-Left-Mesh-slave" from your downloads folder and replace it with the one in the attached zip file, fingers crossed you will have no more problems.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  FIXED-RDN-WoodSpiralStairsRailing1-Left-Mesh-slave.zip (13.1 KB, 119 downloads)

Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 3:01 PM
Default Works like a charm!
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
@CarlosMZ12268 -Thought I was going to be for a very long night looking for the unchanged GUID, turn out to be the 2nd file I opened. I hope Raynuss doesn't mind, I changed the GUID on the offending file. Please remove the file named "RDN-WoodSpiralStairsRailing1-Left-Mesh-slave" from your downloads folder and replace it with the one in the attached zip file, fingers crossed you will have no more problems.

Yep, sculpture's back where it should. Thanks for the help!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 7:37 PM
Wonderful, wonderful stairs!
Thank you for staying true to The Sims. I love your works and your awesome recolors.

Make SIMs, not war!

Say the Word and will be free,
Say the Word and be like me.

I'm Fata Morgana at Cradle of Darkness, there are my strange lots http://kativip.ucoz.ru/load/fata_morgana_zone/79