Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Landlord Gardens Only Communal Areas

by simler90 Posted 12th Nov 2017 at 11:20 AM - Updated 12th Nov 2017 at 12:15 PM by simler90

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 4:06 PM
Landlords also don't build gardening badge when doing gardening, and will continue to be 0 badge, which means if they take care of your plants the interactions are less effective. Crops won't gain as much quality from a landlord tending them, and weeds will come much more frequently. So if you want crops, you are better off having your Sims tend to them and sometimes it's hard to get there before the landlord does.

Oh and there is actually one more time when landlords will invade your privacy without being asked. During the Saturday building party that they automatically throw, they can decide to throw the party inside your apartment. They'll put the pizza somewhere inside the apartment, and you'll find all the neighbors also come into your apartment if they feel like it. I've been meaning to do something about that for ages, but so many projects, so little time.

Kudos on being very clear with exactly how your mods differ from the original code. Rare with such good descriptions, very nice
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 4:20 PM
Yes! This is so annoying that I almost want to change Fall when playing an apartment. Thanks for thinking of it and then fixing it!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 8:22 PM
:lovestruc :lovestruc Oh Thank you so much, this bugs me from last year as I really like to play my hood in autumn!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 3:12 AM
Thank you so much!! It always annoyed me when I tried to have a Sim tend their own Seasons garden - the Landlord would always come in and "helpfully" tend to it while they were away at work, which robbed them of the opportunity to gain any Gardening skill. On top of that, as gummilutt pointed out, they aren't even good at it! This is an awesome mod, thank you for sharing it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 7:14 PM
Thanks for this! This has become a problem for me very recently, since I've been playing around with apartment gardens and have had to rush my sims to garden early in the morning! If you have a lot to garden, the landlord stays on the lot for the whole day, which means the mean landlords I always seem to end up with make enemies really easy with my sims.
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 3:12 PM
A beautiful mod, thanks! But unfortunately I can't download the rar file. WinRAR says it's damaged. Could you look at that? I REALLY want this mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by martinm
A beautiful mod, thanks! But unfortunately I can't download the rar file. WinRAR says it's damaged. Could you look at that? I REALLY want this mod.

You need the latest version of 7zip or WinRAR to unrar my mods.
Theorist
#9 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 7:48 PM
This presumably goes into the downloads folder?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 12:35 PM
Didn't even know this was an issue :o Thank you for making a fix for it!