Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 4:21 AM
Default Help with a mod
Does anyone know which tuning file(s) I would need to mess with to make painting increase fun? It doesn't make sense to me that it doesn't, so I wanted to fix that.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:34 PM
Hi! I'm not a great modder, but I did manage to make swimming increase fun one time.

I used Sims 4 Studio, made a new empty package and extracted tuning searching for swimming. For swimming, it was an Interaction Tuning and I suspect painting would be similar.

I found the section where motive changes were and I added:
Code:
            <V t="statistic_change">
              <U n="statistic_change">
                <T n="amount">0.78</T>
                <T n="stat">16655<!--motive_Fun--></T>

And tada! Swimming was fun. The amount number is how fun and I can't remember what logic I used to decide 0.78.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SometimesHere
Hi! I'm not a great modder, but I did manage to make swimming increase fun one time.

I used Sims 4 Studio, made a new empty package and extracted tuning searching for swimming. For swimming, it was an Interaction Tuning and I suspect painting would be similar.

I found the section where motive changes were and I added:
Code:
            <V t="statistic_change">
              <U n="statistic_change">
                <T n="amount">0.78</T>
                <T n="stat">16655<!--motive_Fun--></T>

And tada! Swimming was fun. The amount number is how fun and I can't remember what logic I used to decide 0.78.

That's helpful, but my biggest issue is that painting doesn't affect any motives, so I'm not sure where to add it in
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 11:05 PM
Ok, that means you'll need to add motive changes. You'll need to copy and paste the parts that tell the interaction to change motives.
My method for figuring this sort of thing out is to compare a similar tuning file that does what I want and copy paste what I think will work. Compare and contrast. Test, fail, try again. I've gotten much better at modding through the process.
Theorist
#5 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 2:21 PM
To change it to have fun with painting will depend on what ones you want to have fun. There are several to choose from. you have the paintings that come based on the moods along with what size of canvas you are using. You can also set different ones up to have different amounts of fun as well along with choosing what traits will have fun and what traits will not have fun along with the amounts each trait could increase or decrease. If you want help with it you can PM me and I will help you through it.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****