Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#26 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Quote:
I wished I could've avoided awesomemod and still got rid of automated school assingments though it was the only Mod that had that feature so I ended up having to use it anyways and now I can't play without having my game loaded with over 700 Mod files and it still is way too fast and I have trouble getting my pictures sometimes if I forget to pause often eough

Hi @TadOlson... I'm not in game right now but I know you pretty much know your way around SP. Have you tried in the Options:Careers:School to set Auto Assign School to False (default is True). And then follow through with your Caste settings disabling the auto school assignment options? Or am I misunderstanding?? I'm not sure what "pictures" have to do with the assignments.

She accidentally sent this to me as a PM rather than putting it in the thread.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enterprise24
Sorry for not clear clarifying. I mean when you save game and get error 12 you can click OK and that will allow you to lower resolution / edge smoothing / high details lot.
Why only these 3 ? 1.because these 3 settings don't need game restart to change effect and 2.these 3 settings consume large amount of VRAM (video memory) which is part of virtual memory that TS3 can use only 4GB.

So after you can save your game and open it again you can increase those 3 settings and enjoy good graphics again.

Oh, hmm. I've never considered trying that, actually. I'll try it if I come across Error 12 again, let's hope this helps others!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 5:35 PM
Hmm... something that annoys me a lot. Beds in the sims 3 the perfectionist in me gets really annoyed at how the energy values aren't accurate and at how an energy 4 bed could give a sim energy faster than a bed that also gives energy 4. (This is why I shouldn't be allowed to look at the game too deeply with S3PE :D)
Field Researcher
#29 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 5:37 PM Last edited by LeeAlee : 21st Nov 2017 at 7:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I wished I could've avoided awesomemod and still got rid of automated school assingments though it was the only Mod that had that feature so I ended up having to use it anyways and now I can't play without having my game loaded with over 700 Mod files and it still is way too fast and I have trouble getting my pictures sometimes if I forget to pause often eough.

Hey @TadOlson
If you're playing a game that doesn't have a gazillion school-age youngsters, they can be assigned specific schools using Master Controller. You would have to do that manually though. MC > Sim > Intermediate > Career > Choose School.

I did that in Lucky Palms when I added a second school to the small side of town. Children from the large part of town went to the school that came with the world, children from the interesting side of town went to a custom lot I added using the little school rabbit hole from Aurora Skies. I've done the same in other worlds when I've added a second school. I just have to remember to assign them as soon as they age up so they go to the right school.

It might be easier to do this using castes, but I wanted to put another option out there.

Side note: I need to do the opposite and just let the game run, I pause too often for too many screenshots
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 4:40 AM
I had an overcrowding issue in Sunset Valley once when I was new to the game in 2012 and played without Mods.It got so overcrowded that one child couldn't even get into the school so he started failing to the point that the social workers took him away and my game started glitching out with early signs of corruption in the next session and I got pets,vehicles and household objects showing up in sim family trees.I ended up losing it to an error code 16 while saving the last time I played and my toddler boy's family tree had the family dog as his mum while the cat was his dad.
I found that children and kids always get auto-assinged to the school in town even if they live too far away to attend.I added awesomemod to get rid of that automeated assignments because they're too badly glitched and cause most of the other issues with overcrowding and routing fails in schools.I've got that with 113 NRaas Mod files an about 600 other Mods to fix other game issues like removing the save-corrupting social workers and getting rid of curfews or glitched scoldings.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:48 AM
Isn't it great when we find the right combination of mods to make our games so much better than they were when they were vanilla flavored (without any mods)?

Your Sunset Valley game took me back to my pre-mod days, I can't remember exactly what year that was but it was hell. I never would have stuck with the game as it was sold to us for as long as I have if it weren't for mods. I've read here and there about animals showing up on the family trees as parents of human Sims, weird but common enough that I've seen cases without ever looking for them. I don't remember the social worker in early games, but I do remember all the babies and toddlers the game got rid of with lightning strikes and such. That was the most god-awful thing when I was too green to realize what was happening, and how to stop it.

Out of curiosity I just checked my mods folder (mods + CC). On my C: drive I currently have 328 files. My D: drive has mods and CC that I rotate in and out of games as needed or wanted, that drive has 1274 files, plus I have some on a folder sitting on my desktop, plus I zipped some CC sets that I don't need right now and stored them on MediaFire.

We keep plugging away, fixing what's broken and improving the game in so many ways, much thanks to the creators who create and share with the rest of us.
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:17 PM
my game keeps crashing randomly now *_______* clearing my cache only mildly offsets the problem, and last time i opened the game it crashed just as it started up. so annoying. really puts a damper on my motivation to play, also, but maybe that's a positive thing considering all the neglected school work i should be doing .........?
Scholar
#33 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 2:43 PM
the freezing and crashing

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#34 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 9:30 PM
Before I got online, or even knew it was possible to mod the game, it seemed to me that every new EP that came out had something that didn't work properly, and I had to wait till the next one to see if it got fixed. I can remember that when I got Seasons the skating rink didn't work properly and with Into the Future there was a problem with the Time Portal. And there's still one thing that doesn't work properly, which I think is from University Life: when a sim increases their arcade skill I get blank notifications coming up. Anyone else had that?

But, yes, thank goodness for mods. The first thing I got rid of was the curfew, which was ridiculous - a child or a teen could not so much as step off the edge of their home lot without the cops showing up, sirens blazing. The same cops who would inform you that a burglar got away, when he's still on the lot, sneaking away with your TV stuffed in his dimensionally transcendental pockets!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#35 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:05 PM
It's my fault that I don't know all of the languages in the world, but I would appreciate it so much if Sims 3 sites all had a translate option.

"Thank you!" to the sites and creators who add that to their pages, blogs, etc.

*grumbles* 5 minutes with Bing Translator and I've lost all my joy for the whatever it is I wanted to download.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee
Bing Translator

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#38 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
(For people who want to try. You don't have to "play" with those 3 low settings. You simply have to change them to low setting to save if you hit error 12.)

I'm glad I don't have to do that because it'd be hell for me.
First, I'd have to turn my settings down. Then, the game and my entire second monitor would completely rearrange themselves to compensate for the resolution. Then, the game window would be re-rendered. Then, ReShade would have to re-initialize, and I'd have to sit there repeatedly smashing the Enter key while I wait for ReShade to load before the little 15-second countdown ended. Then, I'd have to find an empty spot on the map, save and do it all over again, only this time the lot and all Sims on it would have to be loaded in again.

As opposed to my current method of clicking save, waiting a minute, and getting on with it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
Original Poster
#39 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 2:02 PM
wow i love when ive just made over a sim and really like them and then go to save and the game stops working :~) totally awesome. really enjoy that
Forum Resident
#40 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:43 AM
When two sims are higly compatible, make them socialize and boom game crashed. I happened to me I was omg ! How does this attraction so powerful to make the game crashes ahaha. It was in my old computer .It's not a whim but a bizarre event that happened to me.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
When two sims are higly compatible, make them socialize and boom game crashed. I happened to me I was omg ! How does this attraction so powerful to make the game crashes ahaha. It was in my old computer .It's not a whim but a bizarre event that happened to me.

If I was still dating and/or breaking up, I'd be so tempted to use: "It's not me, it's not you, it's just that you didn't make my game crash." And no, we can't be just friends.

We should all have attraction so powerful that it makes our game crash. Loved that post :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 7:12 PM
My whine...
An outhouse (Pets?) cost 4000 simolians, but the bargain john only 250
Bare walls "cement panel" wall cost 9, but "Full framed wall with rivets" and "diamond Brickwork" (Sims 3 store) are free

Some of the pricing makes no sense at all.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 7:34 PM
Currently in the middle of recording my Let's play thingy. Spoiler alert, one of them finds love in the first episode, as planned, but they're taking things much too quickly.
And I don't know what the stupid heart thingy is when two Sims meet each other, but can it fuck off? The two in question didn't even get it, but everyone else in the room did.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#44 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
... I don't know what the stupid heart thingy is when two Sims meet each other, but can it fuck off? The two in question didn't even get it, but everyone else in the room did.

Oh, the joys that the Seasons patch brought to the attraction system.

You probably want Shimrod's Romance Visibility and Attraction Disabler mod. Must have an account and be logged in at The Asylum for the link to work.
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...action-disabler
Mad Poster
#45 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 9:28 PM
You can always count on EA to do the wrong thing. And that's why we love them.
But that'll do 'er just fine. What did we do to deserve a saint like Shimrod, anyway?

insert signature here
Scholar
#46 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 5:03 AM
I'm not playing any TS3 atm, because I want TS3 with TS2 OFB (and some other features) and TS4 graphics (the sims, not the spraypainted grass ofc). Business side in TS3 is too restrictive and in TS4 too, but in a different way. And I hate loading screen spam. So I feel entitled to whine in every sims forum about this. But I like TS3 the most, so you guys win and receive my rant. Yay for you!.

- Let me run a restaurant/store (Baker that sells and runs a small bistro from the same lot, maybe even deliveries) from my own house lot. I want it situated in my own crafted neighbourhood that looks like a city centre (like TS3 streets around their central park)
- Whose idea was it to give a painter a 9to5 job with wages (lol TS4) and homework and not even let tem start their own gallery? But then having to sell them at a consignment store (art critics haven I bet) is not much better imo.
- TS4 : There is a hospital, there is a movie screen , there is a bowling alley, there is a vet clinic. Why can't I use those to run as a business a la Dine Out?
- TS3 : Let me manage a junkyard where sims drop off their crap for a fee, I sell whatever (appliances/furniture) I can repair/restore in my consignment store on the same lot and create art out of scrap metal to sell too.
(I can make this list really long, but this is just an example of what I wanted to do right at this moment)

Instead of turning new features (like running a store, crafting etc) into new frameworks that let combine in any way you can imagine, they make these disconnected bits and bobs. TS3 was going the right way, but there they already left behind some awesome things from TS2. Now I am just sad and keep wanting to play TS3 and I just can't figure out how to do the things I want and besides I am kind of tired of the required chores to make it run smoothly with a lot of ep's and CC.

EA is somehow scaring away all the imagination and talent that once was part of the Maxis development team (or any development team atm it seems).
Scholar
#47 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 1:07 PM
Up till now I couldn't think of anything to whine about that I hadn't already whined about elsewhere. But I've just discovered something that there doesn't appear to be any solution to, so if you don't mind...

Well, anyway, I just shifted to a new laptop (or rather, one that I got second hand, but is fairly new) and up until now everything seemed great. Sims 3 not only looked better, it played better and I was over the moon about that. But then I noticed something I'd never seen before. When it rains (it is particularly noticeable at night) patches of the landscape start looking like they're not rendering properly: at night they aren't dark, as they should be, but as bright as day. You can't see them in map view, only when you zoom in. And it only happens when it is raining. Also, it appears to occur on parts of the terrain that are rocky.

I've tried changing graphics settings, I've tried re-calibrating my monitor, but to no avail. Then I removed the lighting mod I was using and that appeared to work. So I tried another lighting mod, and the same thing happened with that. I'm not sure if it is the lighting mods that cause the problem, or if they are just making it more noticeable. And I really want lighting mods in my game! I can get some really stunning screenshots with them, and without them the landscape looks bland and uninteresting.

The only solution I can come up with is to eliminate rain altogether by turning it off in Options.

Anyway, thanks for letting me whine!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Alchemist
#48 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 2:07 PM
I've redecorated the basement level of the Moonlight Falls library twice now...because the game crashed.

Now I'm fed up and just nuked that whole level. I don't care about matching rugs and desks anymore, I just want the game to save

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Site Helper
#49 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Up till now I couldn't think of anything to whine about that I hadn't already whined about elsewhere. But I've just discovered something that there doesn't appear to be any solution to, so if you don't mind...

Well, anyway, I just shifted to a new laptop (or rather, one that I got second hand, but is fairly new) and up until now everything seemed great. Sims 3 not only looked better, it played better and I was over the moon about that. But then I noticed something I'd never seen before. When it rains (it is particularly noticeable at night) patches of the landscape start looking like they're not rendering properly: at night they aren't dark, as they should be, but as bright as day. You can't see them in map view, only when you zoom in. And it only happens when it is raining. Also, it appears to occur on parts of the terrain that are rocky.

I've tried changing graphics settings, I've tried re-calibrating my monitor, but to no avail. Then I removed the lighting mod I was using and that appeared to work. So I tried another lighting mod, and the same thing happened with that. I'm not sure if it is the lighting mods that cause the problem, or if they are just making it more noticeable. And I really want lighting mods in my game! I can get some really stunning screenshots with them, and without them the landscape looks bland and uninteresting.

The only solution I can come up with is to eliminate rain altogether by turning it off in Options.

Anyway, thanks for letting me whine!

I suppose you could add a headcanon that those rocks in the areas that light up have some property to them that make them glow when they get wet. (Since they obviously do...)

Whether or not that means the terrain is radioactive or otherwise harmful to health is up to you.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#50 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 4:28 PM
My game keeps crashing and since I'm stuck with patch 1.69 the launcher takes FOREVER to pull back up. And then the game takes FOREVER to load, and then my save takes ANOTHER FOREVER to get back to. Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh
Page 2 of 3