Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Northeney

by Norn Posted 27th Nov 2017 at 9:46 PM - Updated 16th Nov 2023 at 4:02 PM by Norn : Updated RH links (again)

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 7
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#26 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 4:02 AM
It looks gorgeous!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 4:23 AM
Thanks guys, hope you enjoy it

@Butterbot
You should be able to play without LN. Yes, the professional bars and the LN lot types would need to be taken care of, also some objects might be missing/replaced.
More of an issue is probably that I used the heather plant in the world (and on lots), and the game likes to replace all plants with the basegame chestnut tree (not sure what the English name is) which changes the look quite a bit

But even this can be changed by using the edit town mode and pluck those trees again. So if you don't mind investing a bit of time and work it should be fine!
Screenshots
Instructor
#28 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 1:53 PM
@Norn

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. Is Perennial Heather the plant in question? If so, I'll add that to my game by extracting it from the LN files. I have the EP but don't care for most of its gameplay, and so leave it uninstalled since the game is lumbering as it is. If there are other significant deco/build or landmark objects (not sure of the proper CAW terminology for this...) for which I should do the same to preserve the look and function of the world, please let me know. I already have a number of build/buy objects like the dive bar windows/door, sectional seating, tavern sign, bubble bar, and a few other things in my game.

Otherwise, I'm gonna go ahead and grab the whole thing; can't wait to stroll along that beach!

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 3:39 PM Last edited by Norn : 30th Nov 2017 at 2:50 PM. Reason: Clarification... or maybe not
@Butterbot
Again, I'm not sure about the English name, but it's the yellow heather (in flower section) that came with LN, the metadata name is plantHeatherVar1. It would be good if you could extract this plant and put in your game, it just looks so much better than with the replacement trees. The trees in town had the LN planters as base, they might be missing or replaced, I don't know. So if you can extract the planter, too, you should be fine (it's #3 from this picture, sorry, again I don't knw the English name).

You will need to put another seating to the "Strandkörbe" at the beach, which would be very important so that your sims can relax
Hope this helps! I really think you should give it a try
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 5:31 PM
This is so incredibly beautiful and well put together. Thanks for sharing
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#31 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 11:16 PM
Hello,
I've watched the progress of this world with bated breath and I'm so happy it's now available. This world is amazing. I'm in awe at the depth of everything you've created for this incredible world. The terrain painting, the sculpting, the gorgeous lots - it's so artistic and creative. You are truly a genius of world creation. Thank you so much for all the work you've put into Northeney. I know how hard it is to try and create something (with create-a-world tool) that looks remotely realistic, but you have nailed it! I almost fainted when I saw the pirate ship place on the beach - WOW! FANTASTIC! Congratulations and Thank you so much!
Happy Holidays to all!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator THANKS POST
#32 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 4:54 PM
What a cute little island, looks so cozy!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#33 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 7:46 AM
This world is absolutely perfect. I installed it and played with it two days before writing comment. It's layout, the landscape and the lots are just stunning. I installed already many worlds (and mostly uninstalled them thereafter because in game they were not as nice as on the pictures, some even hardly playable). The "feeling" of Northeney, the weather, the sunset and ....anything match completely. Thank you so very much for this big beauty. By the way, I also love Lago Simiore because it's so authentic and a very old world, Imperium Romanum too, which I frequently still play.
#34 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 3:01 PM
Have an error when I try loading it that says can't open save because saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system even though i'm playing with all EPs and high end loft stuff. First time using a custom world so i'm a little lost on what this means or how to fix it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 5:05 PM
@SingleClawDesigns I'll pm you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 8:55 PM
My goodness, it's AMAZING!! Wow!!!! Your landscaping skills are beyond imagination!!!!! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 1:54 AM
This is a STUNNING world. It's clear how much time and loving attention to detail you put into it. Thank you so much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 9:36 PM Last edited by bloodstained_black_lace : 3rd Dec 2017 at 10:02 PM.
@Norn, I love this world. I think its my new favorite and I LOVE the lack of roads. I was wondering if you might consider releasing a version with more empty lots? Particularly out in the wilderness areas and maybe even a few more around the towns. There isn't really a lot of space to put new ones as a lot of the terrain comes up unroutable. I wanted to add some lots for some of the store content (like the wishing well hidden deep in the woods) and other things like that. I WAS able to find a lot for the well, but I would love more empty lots to work with. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you'll consider it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 3:56 PM
Hi @bloodstained_black_lace
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoy the world that much. For me, the world is finished now, I'll leave it to you to add whatever you feel you might need for your game. You can always remodel existing lots to your liking. Also, on many lots there is room left for store content - like the sauna or the massage table on the Communal Health and Spa lot. Or you can furnish the bistro with the oven or the grill from the store and make it a playable restaurant.
There are several reasons why I won't make a new version. The most important one is that I wouldn't want to add more lots because for me the charme of the island as I envisioned it lies in those large areas of untouched nature. Another reason is a more technical one - adding new lots would require to redo the routing and test again, which easily takes months. Also, there is almost no flat ground left - you would have to work on sloped lots. So, sorry, but there won't be a new version. I hope you can still enjoy the island.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 6:06 PM
I still enjoy it very much! In fact, I hadn't considered adding to the existing lots, so that's a great idea!
Instructor
#41 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:36 AM
@Norn

Sorry for getting back to you so late. Thank you so much for taking the time to compile such a detailed list of objects. It's an impossible feat to keep track of all the gazillions of items necessary to creating a world as intricate as Northeney, so I really appreciate the effort. The heather plant's metadata name and that image of the planter were particularly helpful, especially the latter, since there were 4 different planters in the game's files. Thanks for taking the time to track down and link to the image.

As you advised, I took a close look at the Strandkörbe (I've never heard of them before and searched for them on Wikipedia--so cozy!) The closest Late Night object I can find is the Club SoVino Patio Loveseat (loveseatCelebWicker). But it has cushions, which the seats in the Southern Beach screenshots don't have. It's also of a slight differently shape from what's in the screenshot. Is it possible that the Strandkörbe actually uses the loveseat from ITF?

Other than that, with your detailed reply, I've been able to find and successfully extract most of the Late Night objects used in Northeney (all the build/buy items you listed, the large crates, the subway grate, as well as scripted objects like the arcades, shuffleboard, strobe lights, FX machine, etc). Right now, I'm working on the musical instruments; while there can be no bands or jamming without Late Night, sims in my game can now acquire and level up the piano/bass/drum skills, learn new compositions, have skill-related wishes, and play for tips. Not sure if they can fulfill all the skill challenges, but it's good enough for me that they can play music for themselves and for their friends/family, in addition to making a bit of tip money at venues. Even the music-related opportunities seem to work mostly, except for one small bug which I'm trying to track down.

Many thanks again for not only sharing this brilliant world, but also for being so awesomely patient with all these questions!

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 9:57 AM
You are of course right about the seating at the Strandkörbe. Upon closer inspection they look exactly like the sofas from ITF so they shouldn't even be missing. It's amazing what someone with your skill level can achieve without actually installing the EP - it sounds to me like won't miss much on Northeney. So I hope you will enjoy your time there!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#43 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 2:19 AM
Thanks for a great vacation spot with the save file and I can start a new game if I want to play a legacy with awesomemod to disable the automated school assignments.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 12:30 AM
I am trying desperately to download this incredible town. My Norton antivirus will not let me as it says it is a "malicious download". I then temporarily disabled Norton in order to download it but I continue to get the same message. Can anyone help me with this? thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 7:21 AM
Sorry, but I'm afraid I can't help you with that one, I don't use Norton nor are there any malicious contents in the package. Do you have this problem particularly with this custom world?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 10:50 AM
Bravo et merci!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#47 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 5:32 AM
You've put a lot of work into this, thank you for sharing Northeney. I look forward to taking it for a spin.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 11:44 AM
thank you so much! i was looking for a map with tiny city AND with a willage for my sims, created from my husband's DnD playing lore, and your is perfect!!!! really thank you soooo much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#49 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 6:57 PM
It's gorgeous! I took so many pictures as soon as I start it up. Too bad my neighbor burned to death inventing day 1, but it's a great world!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 7:15 PM
A true labour of love- thank you!
Page 2 of 7