Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tent logic improvements

by gummilutt Posted 29th Nov 2017 at 7:13 AM - Updated 6th Dec 2017 at 6:20 PM by gummilutt : More info

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 9:47 AM
And thus my sims were finally allowed to own tents.

Thank you!! ^_^
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 11:07 AM
I tried to download this but my Norton antivirus won't allow it. It tells me it is a malicious download and blocks it. Any suggestions why or what I can do to download it?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 11:22 AM
Happy day! I can finally have an actual homeless tent person colony in my game! This is probably going to be the most popular mod I've seen in a long time.
Thank you, Gummi!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 2:59 PM
My sims can now go hunting. In every vacation spot I have a campground with Sun&Moon's "It's a Trap" mod, they freeze in the mountains one. Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raynuss
I tried to download this but my Norton antivirus won't allow it. It tells me it is a malicious download and blocks it. Any suggestions why or what I can do to download it?

No, I'm afraid I have no idea If you have a smartphone you could download it on your phone and email it to yourself. Otherwise I'd recommend googling how to disable Norton or tell it that something isn't malicious. If you are worried there is an icon shaped as a magnifying glass next to the file, that you can click to see all the contents (on any MTS download) so that you can see that the only thing in there is the mod file.

I'm glad so many of you like it I can't take credit this time, I only made what Phantomknight and ihatemandatoryregister dreamt up

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 2:40 AM
Thank you!! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 7:19 AM
Thank you for fixing a problem I had not discovered yet!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
No, I'm afraid I have no idea If you have a smartphone you could download it on your phone and email it to yourself. Otherwise I'd recommend googling how to disable Norton or tell it that something isn't malicious. If you are worried there is an icon shaped as a magnifying glass next to the file, that you can click to see all the contents (on any MTS download) so that you can see that the only thing in there is the mod file.

It may not be Norton blocking the download because even when I disable every Norton function, it's still labeled as malicious. Also, I've never seen Norton do this before. Usually Norton will allow the download and then delete it if it senses questionable content, but it allows you to recover it and mark it as "approved" if you feel it's safe. I've downloaded hundreds of mods including most of yours and this is the only one that has ever caused this problem. Too bad, I really wanted this mod.
Alchemist
#10 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 11:45 AM
It may not be Norton blocking the download because even when I disable every Norton function, it's still labeled as malicious. Also, I've never seen Norton do this before. Usually Norton will allow the download and then delete it if it senses questionable content, but it allows you to recover it and mark it as "approved" if you feel it's safe. I've downloaded hundreds of mods including most of yours and this is the only one that has ever caused this problem. Too bad, I really wanted this mod.

This happened to me before. (Also when I was downloading something sims related!) Did you try turning Norton off (completely, like, turning your firewall off, etc.), then downloading the file? And also extracting it before you turn Norton back on. IIRC, Norton doesn't recognize it as the same after it's extracted. I believe Norton also lets you report that you think the file is not harmful. They might look at that eventually.

On another note, I'm very happy to see you uploaded the mod, gummilutt. And with temperature improvements, too! Homeless sims, hunters, campers, and legacy founders everywhere thank you!

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#11 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
This happened to me before. (Also when I was downloading something sims related!) Did you try turning Norton off (completely, like, turning your firewall off, etc.), then downloading the file? And also extracting it before you turn Norton back on. IIRC, Norton doesn't recognize it as the same after it's extracted. I believe Norton also lets you report that you think the file is not harmful. They might look at that eventually.!

I went to the Norton site and got instructions to completely disable Norton, but the file still is tagged as a malicious download so it's not Norton that's blocking the download. I'm at a loss as to what might be doing this.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 6:53 PM

Very strange. I wish I could be of more help but I have no idea why it would be blocking it, or what it is that's blocking it if it's not Norton. But I'd be happy to try and send it to you in other ways, if you want to have it. Maybe simfileshare works?

Field Researcher
#13 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 10:30 PM
Very strange. I wish I could be of more help but I have no idea why it would be blocking it, or what it is that's blocking it if it's not Norton. But I'd be happy to try and send it to you in other ways, if you want to have it. Maybe simfileshare works?

THAT WORKED Apparently the problem was with MTS and not Norton. Thanks for giving me an alternate way to get the file. Have one on me
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 2:32 AM
Default Yay tents that work
I am happy that now someone still makes good things like this. Now to send a random Sim out for play testing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 5:15 PM
This seems very useful! Any idea if this is compatible with Simlogical's sleep later patch?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Epi7
This seems very useful! Any idea if this is compatible with Simlogical's sleep later patch?

@Epi7 No idea, but if you provide me with a link I will take a look and let you know

Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 2:06 AM Last edited by Epi7 : 3rd Dec 2017 at 3:11 PM.
@Epi7 No idea, but if you provide me with a link I will take a look and let you know

@gummilutt Thanks!

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Sleeping.htm

Should be pretty easy to locate from there. Sorry to not link at the first place, that mod is so essential for my own play style that I totally forgot it's not probably something everybody uses and knows of. And oh I use OFB-version if that makes any difference.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 4:07 AM
Thank you Gummi, this will be very useful especially for my homeless sims. I always hated that they woke at 3am and that the tent offered no weather protection.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Epi7
And oh I use OFB-version if that makes any difference.

That is often very relevant information, so thank you for thinking to include it I have taken a look and as I suspected Inge's mod only modifies bed code, which means it only affects beds. Sims who sleep in tents will not sleep later, they will wake up at 6am. So no conflict between them, and compatible in the sense that neither mod will affect the other one
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:20 PM
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! My homeless and survivalist Sims will be happier now. Your fixes are so logical.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 12:25 PM
Thanks for fixing the tents so my sims can live on a lot and slowly build a house.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 6:32 PM
I had to look for tent to find this! Thank you. This is a very useful fix, greatly appreciated.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd May 2018 at 6:54 AM
This is wonderful, but while it's great that my camping sims won't roast or freeze, tents restore energy so slowly I have trouble with them sleeping the day away, not getting up too early. Would you happen to know how I can adjust sleep and comfort to reasonable levels?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th May 2018 at 10:08 AM
I think a mod that adjusts sleep and comfort already exists, I seem to recall that being part of why people have Sims waking up in the middle of the night. Perhaps try a WCIF
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 2:48 AM
Does this allow plant sims to sleep in a tent?
Page 1 of 2