Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 4:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default I am unable to add NEW cc or mods to my game.
I am very familiar with adding mods and package files through the mods folder. I currently have 500+ mods and cc in .package format that I can view and use successfully in my game. Recently, when I add new mods or cc to my mods folder, they do not show up in the game.

I have tried deleting and replacing the resource file. Did not work.

I have created a new save game with a unique name to see if I am adding the mod into the correct game files. My mods folder is in the correct place.

I have removed all cc/mods from the folder, and that successfully removed them from the game, and then successfully added them back with no problem, but new mods/cc previously not in the game still would not show up.

I have tried adding package files ranging from hair, to clothing, to nraas mods, and nothing new will show up in my current game or any new game.

I have the most current patch, island life, pets, ambitions, late night, and generations eps, running on a macbook pro, and I do not use any cc installed through the launcher.

Basically, I would love if anyone has a solution that doesnt involved reinstalling the game because I just reinstalled everything all a month ago and everything has been working fine up until now.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 7:52 PM
Reinstalling the game likely wouldn't help here -- that affects the Application files only, not the user controlled TS3 data files in Documents, which where I assume (hopefully) that you are working from.

You have mentioned trying just about everything, except for one thing. Whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way, there are five cache files in your TS3 user game folder in Documents that should be deleted before the game is launched again. Are you performing that step?

CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package (especially crucial when adding removing script mods)
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package (this one is optional)

If that still doesn't do it, the next thing to try is to pull your entire TS user game folder out to the Desktop, reboot your Mac, and launch the game. It will generate a new user game folder where the original one was with no content (saves, worlds, etc.) though that will all be safe back in the pulled out folder. Can you then set up the Framework and install the mod combo you want on the new game folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Reinstalling the game likely wouldn't help here -- that affects the Application files only, not the user controlled TS3 data files in Documents, which where I assume (hopefully) that you are working from.

You have mentioned trying just about everything, except for one thing. Whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way, there are five cache files in your TS3 user game folder in Documents that should be deleted before the game is launched again. Are you performing that step?

CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package (especially crucial when adding removing script mods)
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package (this one is optional)

If that still doesn't do it, the next thing to try is to pull your entire TS user game folder out to the Desktop, reboot your Mac, and launch the game. It will generate a new user game folder where the original one was with no content (saves, worlds, etc.) though that will all be safe back in the pulled out folder. Can you then set up the Framework and install the mod combo you want on the new game folder?

Thanks for the reply.

I totally forgot to mention deleting the cache file bc im so used to doing it without thinking

But I will try your suggestion of having it generate a whole new game folder and see if that works.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 10:07 PM
My game does this too. I also noticed that my game has a problem with certain package files, for instance my game will not start with S-Club’s 3D eyelashes, or most of SK-sims makeup and eyebrows.