Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xBlackHeartx
Sigh. Its not easy for me to switch pcs. I don't have enough outlets to have both on at the same time.

It's not easy for us to help you without the error logs, either!

I think this could be a game bug- try using ALFixes to see if that helps:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=457532
http://modthesims.info/t/524372
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 8:47 AM
What do I use? I found some page with a bunch of links to different zips on it. None of which has a name mentioning pet careers. I did find one called 'alfixes' so I downloaded that.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 8:39 PM
Alfixes is the one you want. From a modder who posted on one of the pages Simsample linked to:

Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
You need to get alfixes from http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=12892.0. The pet/work/friend fix is one of the undocumented features.

Thanks very much to Simsample for pointing this out. I was not aware of this bug or that alfixes fixed it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 10:14 PM
It's not actually undocumented, as Cyjon claims- the rtfm included with the mod explains:
Quote:
15. Pets no longer error when returning from work. (ALp2)

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 12:45 AM
That was patched though, I would not touch alfixes, it breaks as much as it fixes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 6:53 AM
If it does mess up my game, can I undo it without a re-install? It recently snowed in my area, so I can't go out to the shed to look through boxes (everything in there is in a cardboard box, so I can't put them out on the wet ground).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That was patched though, I would not touch alfixes, it breaks as much as it fixes.

No, that's apparently an ALp2 bug. OP runs from AL not M&G.

@xBlackHeartx Many people don't like ALfixes because it removes the date flowers feature and has some features that are maybe not documented; however you could try it to get over this bug and if it works you can always remove it later.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 8:15 AM
'Date flowers'? You mean those flowers that npcs give you when you go on a dream date with them? Those things are worth $50 each! That can be quite a source of income.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 8:35 AM
I don't know of any other mods to fix this bug.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 8:39 AM
Why would it even remove that feature? What was wrong with it? Aside for the fact that if you had dream dates with more than 1 sim, they would all show up at the same time to deliver the flower, without realizing that they all had dated the same person.

Is this even a universal bug? Couldn't a re-install fix it even?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#36 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 3:17 PM
Why would it even remove that feature? What was wrong with it?

Pescado found a bug with NL mail which could cause the mailbox to become unusable, which effectively borks the lot. He fixed this, but part of that fix was to remove the date mail as he does not play with them and deemed them too borky to bother saving. You can read all about it on MATY in the thread linked.

Is this even a universal bug? Couldn't a re-install fix it even?

Yes, you could fix it if you chose not to patch AL (assuming that it doesn't exist in the unpatched AL), as apparently this is an ALP2 bug, according to the threads that I linked you to earlier.

However, most mods that you download rely on your game being patched, so you may have issues with other CC, as well as issues with the original bugs that P2 fixed.

What I would do in your situation is what I suggested in post #32. backup before you test any mods though- that's what I would always advise.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 8:03 PM
So, basically I have four choices.

1. Play with pets that cannot make money off of the second level of their career, or advance to the third.
2. Play without flowers.
3. Play without witches and apartments.
4. Play with an unpatched expansion.

Honestly, the fourth option looks the most appealing to me. I don't see why the patch would be an issue with CC since I don't use mods anyway. And besides, I was thinking of making most, if not all my own cc this time around. Part of that is of course so I don't have to keep transferring files between computers. Like I said, the machine this is on can't go online anymore.

I guess I have some time to think about it though. I don't have my apartment life disc in its original box, so for now I don't have the cd key anyway. I'll have to find the original box first.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#38 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 9:22 PM
I found this modified version of ALFixes- backup first if you test it.
https://slig.dreamwidth.org/33808.html
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 10:08 PM
With the insiminator (or similar mods) you can advance a sim to another level. Maybe you can do that with pets too.
It might be worth a shot.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 2:57 AM
I have thought that it might be possible for me to simply give a pet the highest level of a career track through the newspaper or computer. I seem to recall that if you sim meets the requirements for a higher level of a job, then they could appear when you look for a job. (On a side note, I think this is a tad annoying. Originally you could find an opening for all 10 careers by checking the newspaper and computer, together they wouldn't list the same career more than once. Of course that's moot now with all the new non-degree careers added, but still). But I might still have the glitch, preventing me from getting their pay check. Also, I'm not sure if that would count for the legacy challenge (its been a long time since I've even looked at the rules, and I'm not planning on trying any challenge until I learn more about the game's mechanics).
Scholar
#41 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 1:41 PM
This is a fault in the default code.
I took a look at the default 'Sub - Return to World - Try Bring Friend' in M&G and thought the error in node 41 is impossible, it only has 40 nodes (lines). However a look at the code in AL (patched) and it's a different story, at that point it's testing the sim's semi-attribute 0x0023 which is the hobby friend setting and Pets only have 0x0022 semi-attributes so it must throw that error. In M&G pets don't run that code so it's something Maxis became aware of and fixed. I can't believe it's not a common error and there's sure to be a fix available somewhere. If one can't be found let me know and I can do it very easily, it's a simple matter of extracting the fixed M&G code to make a quick fix.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#42 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 2:06 PM
@Chris Hatch Pescado's ALFixes apparently deals with this, but has some other 'features' that players aren't happy with. So a fix for this bug for AL players who don't have M&G would probably be useful.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 4:52 PM
I have thought about getting some of the other stuff packs, I didn't really get anything other than teen style stuff, and that was solely for the goth stuff in it. I don't even know if those things could still be found for a decent price, considering their age. I did just look up mansions and garden stuff. It goes for nearly $40 on amazon. I think my stuff pack was only $10 or $15 when I got it. Then again, the economy was a lot better back then. Back then a $30 game was expensive. Now, outside of indie titles, you won't see anything go for less than $50. That was outrageous 10 years ago. And I heard the sims 4 retailed for $80. Heh. When I first got into the sims 2, there was a compilation on the shelf for the original sims, with all its expansions. It was $100. That kind of money could've gotten you the base game of the sims 2, along with the first two or three expansions. Either way, that stuff pack doesn't look interesting to me, aside for possibly fixing my game.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#44 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 8:40 PM
It may be worth it tho as a side effect of fixing a lot of errors because mansions and gardens and apartment life were meant to be run together. m&g completes AL.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 10:21 PM
Yes, do go get M&G, I didn't realize you didn't have it, as gdayars said, they are designed to be run together. You would have far worse bugs if you ran M&G without AL.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 3:46 AM
I guess I'll get that and see if it fixes my issue. I'll come and report on whether or not it helped once I install it and do some more bug testing.
Page 2 of 2