Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 5:10 AM
Default Still no guid registration success
Hi and Happy Holidays

it's been a while since I've created some custom items. I really wanted to start back and create some foods for the holidays. Unfortunately, I'm still having an issue registering my creations in the guid process on the German SimPE site. Are there still no updates for simpe?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 6:04 AM
SimPE is dead I'm afraid. You just have to keep track of your GUID block by hand. You can still log in and see your GUID block, but you can't do anything to it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 2:45 PM
Oh you can edit it Charity but can't register as a new user.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 4:06 PM
If you have an old account and login info, you can use the German site to register GUIDs (Objekt registrieren) and GUID blocks (Block hinzufügen). https://sims.ambertation.de/de/guiddb/
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 4:22 PM
I just went and tested, and using the German version (not translated) I was able to register 3 guids of mine. You do have to have an account already. If you don't have any guids left, you can try getting another guid block. If you can't do anything, pm me
Link Ninja
#6 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 4:26 PM
So if you want to be a new creator, you are hosed?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful

At the moment, yes.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Link Ninja
#8 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 6:52 PM

Guess I'm stickin' to recolors and lot building.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 7:47 PM

There are some creators who are able to register new guid blocks freely, that might register one and give it to you so you can use it manually. So if someone wants to start creating, try posting and seeing if someone might get you one.

I'm still hoping notDelphy/Tashi might take pity on the TS2 community and figure out a way to make a database here that we can register to that picks up a bit beyond where SimPE database is at now.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#10 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 9:09 PM
If you're new, you can follow these steps to manually create your own GUID. Instructions from the last time everyone thought SimPE might be gone for good (which unfortunately seems to be true this time). - http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...994#post3415994
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#11 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 10:51 PM
In addition to what gummilutt said: there also might be someone who stopped creating who would be willing to "give" you any GUIDs they have left. Might be worth making a post asking?

I seem to remember there being a post/topic/thread about this somewhere - either here or on another site. (GOS maybe?) But I'll be danged if I can remember.. or even how long ago that was.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 2:33 AM
Oh that's useful. I hadn't seen anything that let me alter my block.
Alchemist
#13 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
In addition to what gummilutt said: there also might be someone who stopped creating who would be willing to "give" you any GUIDs they have left. Might be worth making a post asking?
It would be a good idea to put posts in the TS3 and TS4 sections, to reach the creators who've moved on to the newer games
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 5:57 AM
Thanks for responses. I did take the advice given and I still can't get any guids.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I'm still hoping notDelphy/Tashi might take pity on the TS2 community and figure out a way to make a database here that we can register to that picks up a bit beyond where SimPE database is at now.

I don't know about Tashi (I keep mentioning it in the staff room) but if we could find a way to capture the existing database, I would be willing to take it on and update it - won't be as good as the original arrangement but it would mean we could make some guarantees about clashes.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 5:01 PM
I know there are people trying to reach the people who might have access to site, but no success so far. Which is why i think our best bet is to start a second database, and start it off well beyond where SimPE is now. Not guaranteed to avoid conflicts, but if we start it off high enough it should take a good while before the existing creators register enough new blocks to catch up. And if I understand hex correctly, we've still got ways to go before the guids are out, so even if we leave a sizeable chunk between the two, it should be a good while before we run out.

The reason I wish Tashi would take it on is because MTS is the most stable reliable TS2 site, and my biased opinion is that MTS-hosted would be the most likely to survive as long as the community survives. No reason Tashi has to be the one to do it, if there's someone else capable of coding it, but I would hope we could get him on board with hosting it as part of the site, or hosting it on MTS servers but as a separate website.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 5:29 PM
What I meant Gummi was I would be willing to maintain it as part of this site (being the staff member responsible for it, IYSWIM). We are still talking about amongst ourselves. What we couldn't do though is link it to SimPE so it would have to be a workaround.