Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ugly Christmas Sweaters!

by Kayarin Posted 19th Dec 2017 at 2:28 AM - Updated 22nd Dec 2017 at 9:26 AM by Kayarin

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 3:03 AM
Tremendous! I just love all of them!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 4:26 AM
Wow nice they gave you permission!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 4:27 AM Last edited by Simonut : 19th Dec 2017 at 5:12 AM.
@Kayarin People have always called the XMas Sweaters Ugly ( lol ) I don't own one because of that reason.
But My Sims don't care, I think these are simply pretty, and look warm to wear. And I just LOVE Walmart You can save lots of money in that store.
Thanks for sharing this creation of your XMas sweater they are wonderful :lovestruc

NOTE: This would also be very nice for Female Teen. ( Maybe next time )
Incase anyone do not see the sweaters under Tops, they are in Outerwear is where I found the sweaters.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@Kayarin People have always called the XMas Sweaters Ugly ( lol ) I don't own one because of that reason.
But My Sims don't care, I think these are simply pretty, and look warm to wear. And I just LOVE Walmart You can save lots of money in that store.
Thanks for sharing this creation of your XMas sweater they are wonderful :lovestruc

NOTE: This would also be very nice for Female Teen. ( Maybe next time )
Incase anyone do not see the sweaters under Tops, they are in Outerwear is where I found the sweaters.

Thanks! They should be avaiable in everyday(full outfit) and outerwear

my site is www.katie-sims.piczo.com :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Holy cow! WalMart actually gave you permission to do it? Haha awesome. Good job! I VERY rarely download CC, and I'll let you know that these are going in!

Yes the Mod Gdayers helped me a lot with getting it and I am very grateful! And thanks!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 6:13 PM
So ugly that they are cute!
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#8 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 12:41 AM
@kayarin Thanks again they look so good in the game on my Sims.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 8:29 AM
Love the sweaters but it seems very strange to have them paired with flip-flops. They would make welcome variety for outerwear and great seasonal fun if they had fitting boots.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 2:57 AM
@Kayarin I know you have work very hard on these Xmas sweaters, but I just notice this myself today and I have to agree with member blockparty
Yes it is strange that the Sims are wearing Flip - Flops with these sweaters in the winter. Is there anyway possible that you can place these sweater under tops "Only" without those pants?
That way they can be worn with any regular pants that comes with shoes or boots. Please reply. Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 5:29 AM
Since I'm very limited on the number of files I can have, I wish these were named based on the image shown on the sweater instead of being numbered. When things are numbered it means loading the game, checking to see which sweater got loaded, and then quitting. Being on a Mac means I can't have more than 10,000 files so I have to be selective and only load clothes for specific characters. Other than that it's cool Walmart let you use their sweaters, and they look great in your pictures too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 1:22 PM
@blockparty and Simonut- That's true I did think about that. I could possibly have a go and see how it goes. I was going to just have to top not as a full outfit but wasn't sure if I should since I mostly just use whole outfits myself so wasn't sure if other people use separate tops and bottoms that much.

@Zheyrryhn Yes I was thinking I should name them, but I thought people could just download them all and then delete the ones they don't want, but I will remember that for next time

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 2:53 PM
Lots of people use separates, it creates more options.
However, for this particular style, I must stress how nice it is to have it double as outerwear, a category in desperate need of variety.

As for naming, yes, it's so needlessly frustrating when labels aren't clear.
Clarity can also be achieved by adding a good screenshot of the items with numbers attached to each recolour.

And while we're making wishes, if you do decide to alter things or create more great stuff, or if anyone else so inclined should happen to see this, something more loose fitting would be wonderful, perhaps even something that could give the illusion of realistic, natural body type variety.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 7:40 PM
Thank you, Kayarin! Especially for making them available as "outerwear", more variety is always welcome.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 11:08 PM
And I'd love to see some men's ugly sweaters too, just so you know. I never have enough clothes for my adult male sims.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 3:41 AM Last edited by Simonut : 22nd Dec 2017 at 3:52 AM.
@Kayarin Thanks again for your reply,yes you would be surprise how many people use separate tops and bottoms.
There are some really nice pants bottom with shoes or boots that would be nice with these sweater. For example these are pants and boot ( bottom together) that I would use with your Xmas sweaters if they was tops only. Here http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=319402 and there are plenty other pants with boots or shoes, so yes members do use separates to mix and match.

Note: Check out how many members downloaded those pant with boots,to use with whatever tops they wanted to use with it.
I still love your Ugly Xmas Sweaters each time I look they become more beautiful.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 4:10 AM
Thanks for all the feedback I will put up a picture with labels of which sweater is which.
Also, I'll add a top-only download to this upload

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 5:52 AM
Please consider including a full outfit with proper footwear.
Tops can't be worn as outerwear.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blockparty
Please consider including a full outfit with proper footwear.
Tops can't be worn as outerwear.

It would be great if they were full outfits that had enclosed shoes. I'm a bit fussy about my sims not being in sandals when they're walking around outside knee-deep in snow. I think the game actually notices it, because my sims get cold faster when they aren't dressed for the weather.

I really do like these sweaters and will be adding a few to my game soon.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#20 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayarin
Thanks for all the feedback I will put up a picture with labels of which sweater is which.
Also, I'll add a top-only download to this upload

So sweet of you Kayarin I am so grateful for all your understanding , and I am so happy you will have these sweaters as tops for all members who want tops like these ( so cute ) for Xmas. :lovestruc

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 1:52 PM
Had a bit of trouble attempting to make these into just tops. I tried one of the maxis meshes that's close to the full outfit one and texture didn't sit right around the seams, which I could fix but will probably do it after actual Christmas been a bit busy sorry I also tried making a new mesh with the top mesh from that outfit but idk it didn't seem to work, I followed this online video guide for meshes but I think it was missing a few steps.

As for adjusting the sandals to boots for the full outfit(so they can be used as outerwear), again that would require a new mesh which I will attempt sometime after Christmas unless I can find a custom one online that has the same shape as the top but yeah :P

Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#22 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 12:40 AM
@ Kayarin Please take your time I understand,and just enjoy the Holidays ( Wishing you the best ) I wish I knew how to do things like you know and help you. All I can do well is build lots.
Just incase you have a problem maybe someone here on MTS like creator CatOfEvilGenius can help you she pretty good with clothes and meshes. And she very Nice.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 7:35 AM
Thanked, but bookmarking this because I am also a separates kind of girl when it comes to clothing my sims. I love my choices too much. Definitely hope to download this in the future, though. My sims ladies would rock these so-called "ugly" Christmas sweaters!

AKA. Anora Acadian