Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 7:37 PM
Default Does anyone play with the premades?
i play with the premades and if i do i almost never add them together with CAS sims do you?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 7:45 PM
Nope. I have to at least tweak them extensively myself.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 7:51 PM
Nope. TS2 has been the only game where I've played with the premade families. Now they just exist as space fillers and potential friends/love interests for my Sims.

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 8:49 PM
I only play with them when they get married to my sims. For example Jade Rosa of Partihaus, Elsa and Sofia Bjergsen, and Veronica Cavazos are married to my own sims. Luna Villareal is dating another of my sims. Otherwise I never play with premades.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 11:20 PM
No. I play with my Sims I have created. Every now and then a premade marries into the household, but that is it.
Scholar
#6 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 12:21 AM
Funny thing, I have never created a sim in CAS and played it because I suck and I'm no artist, but yeah I have played nothing but Premades, but not all of them because there far too many, but a handful of Premades households from Windeburg, then they normally meet and Marry randomly generated homeless sims, (like my avatar was just originally a randomly generated townie) who I end up playing also.

It's interesting because you never know what type of personality and challenge your next played sim will be,
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:01 AM
Almost never, they just exist as canvas for my makeover, or I just violently override them in CAS with a beauty I fell in love and downloaded from the simiverse XD
Scholar
#8 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:53 AM
I do, but I tweak them pretty extensively to tone down the exaggerated features Maxis loves to give Sims and to make them fit my style.

I find making over the premades a fun challenge. You know like Cher from Clueless. There are some premades I just ditch entirely though, usually because of their trait combinations (like Raj Rasoya, but then I get this weird Bates Motel vibe from him and Geeta anyway) or else they've been fodder for SimSecret too many times (I'm looking at you Darling Walsh). And I don't play with Vlad or the Vatores, because I just can't get into playing as a vampire and I really only wanted the build mode items from that pack anyway.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 1:49 PM
I play with premades, make my own, and sometimes download other peoples creations. It helps keep my sims from looking too much alike.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 5:54 PM
I'm currently playing the Pancakes household. I don't do it often though.

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang
Scholar
#11 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 6:53 PM
I actually decided just to play some Premades in their Premades houses just because I wanted to get straight in the action the game has to offer.

I remember in earlier games, I'll spent like half a day creating this perfect family, then another half a day building a perfect home for them, only then to find out they are boring as hell to play as soon as I get the simulation running.

So, this way I've got nothing lose.
Scholar
#12 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 10:02 PM
I also play premade sims from the gallery. But only female sims.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 2:35 AM
What I do is I follow a kind-of story I plan out before I play, which just makes it a lot less boring, especially when you have sims who just sit around the house all day and you have to do ultra speed or else you fall asleep. I made Bob and Eliza have a baby boy then divorce. I'm trying to get Eliza into J Huntington III but they're refusing to get along. I might stick with Don Lothario or just make my own sim because all of the townies are hideous.

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 11:31 AM
I've begun with the Goths since sims 1 and I play their descendants(obviously not in sims 1). I've also had Jay Huntington III, the Munchs, the Landgraabs, the Villareals and the Fyres marry into the legacy.

(There's a picture-based family tree here in case anyone is interested.)

forever craving chef salad | Sa0Ra on TS4 gallery | Sims & Sensibility
Smeg Head
#15 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 4:40 AM
No matter the premade families in any given iteration of the Sims, (some more historical and noteworthy than others) I've always made a point to included a Wright family, the Wright family, right smack, bang in there, with good old Will as the head of his dynasty, just to see how they fare in the story progression scenarios.

Whatever the success and failure legacy rates of the past Sims versions may have accumulated in my games, I can say TS4 and Wright family survival is pretty fricking bleak in my TS4. Make of that what you will.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
I've always made a point to included a Wright family, the Wright family, right smack, bang in there, with good old Will as the head of his dynasty

I'd love to see pictures of TS4 Will Wright!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 11:00 PM
Honestly yeah, I love the premades more than my own sometimes. The Pancakes are the legacy family I'm doing now.

you and me together, we were gemini feed
Instructor
#18 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 12:21 AM
I think I've had my main characters marry premades once or twice but I generally do not use them.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 9:02 PM
I marry them in to my families sometimes but never play them direct. I like some of them so I keep them around to be friends/co-workers.

They do get a makeover.... The Caliente family is just so wrong. I think they did a pretty OK job with Bella Goth.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Scholar
#20 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 2:53 PM
I've been playing Brant and Brent lately, never tried a happily gay couple before. Brant has been instantly popular, the females like him a lot and they really enjoy his company, and sometimes omg, I do wish he was straight, he is very close with Yuki Behr, and he had a invitation to her birthday party, but Brent has Brant and Brant has Brent, and that's how the game intended it to be so, I'll keep it that way.

Huge house on a big block of land, too big for just 2 guys and a small dog, but with a same sex couple, i wonder how I'll ever fill it up.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 9:08 PM
I don't use premades myself, I make celebrity and well-known Sims combined with interesting made up characters. I have over 100 celebrities,
Mad Poster
#22 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 11:31 AM
I love premades! Starting at their homes - their very big homes - with the tax bill looming and their lack of skills is a challenge I welcome. I love taking time with them to figure out what their story will be. Clare B on the island, for example, loves to cook. I wanted her to write cookbooks to make money on her interest, so she also had to work on photography skills to add pictures to the books. That led to an interest in photography. From her beautiful island lookout, I think she will become the island photographer instead. Her husband seemed like a very gregarious type that cared about everyone, so he became a politician. Clare visits the neighbors with him in the afternoon to capture some photos from a different viewpoint on the island and to catch up with everyone.

Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I've been playing Brant and Brent lately....Huge house on a big block of land, too big for just 2 guys and a small dog, but with a same sex couple, i wonder how I'll ever fill it up.
They can adopt a ton of children or animals. In Sims, they can even become pregnant.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
dodgy builder
#23 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 11:36 AM
Well, I hate premades. I make my own even for a short testing of my houses.
Space Pony
#24 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 12:49 PM
Other than Don having 10 kids from different women (mostly triplets ) I haven't played with the premade sims much.They are just so ugly and have no story behind their lives the way they used to have in sims 2.I miss that game
Scholar
#25 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 1:19 PM
If you love premades and can't get enough of premades there is actually a dozen premades that were featured in the previews or even the covers, but some reason they never made it into the final pack. all those sims do exist and all those exact same sims can be downloaded in the gallery by MaxisCreator_01, I never grabbed too many except Jordan Mayer and Danny Shino-Miller from the cover of City Living as I couldn't look at it any other way without them.

And I also found Paul Romeo and Katherine West from the Vintage SP a interesting challenge, because they are the actual parents of Sergio Romeo from GT, so grabbed them, and threw them in a house along with Sergio and the three are now a happy family, other odd thing here, Sergio is much older than his parents now, because i gave him a head start since Vintage SP wasn't released until much later.
Page 1 of 2