Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 4:36 AM
Default What are some things that you want or like to see on Sims 3?
I know that I had already talked about stuff like this in one of my earlier posts but what I'd like to see on Sims 3 is more interactions especially for the children because I feel that they're one of the most left out age groups along with babies and toddlers. I know that there is children can mod that lets the children do more stuff but for me I'd like to see them do more stuff.
P.S I stuck my kid into college by changing him to an adult.
Advertisement
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 6:52 AM
I want to see Large Birds as a major pet. You have a grey parrot or whatever around, that thing should be like having another kid around.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 8:31 AM
I'd like to see such features as:
interactional shopping for clothing\groceries (and each item would have it's price.Not like it was in TS2 200 simoleans per item);
daycare\kindergartens that would take action in potty training,teaching how to talk and walk etc...
more traits or more enhanced current available traits. (for example,great kisser would have more options how to kiss than any other ordinary sim;new trait-LIAR,GLUTTON,OBSESSIVE,DELUSIONAL)
more recipes\more plants\trees;
mowable lawn,trimmable hedge,waterable flowers;
option to buy baby goods such as nappies,bottles,milk mixture,baby food that would actualy look like food not a porridge of mud;
more realistic genetics that would blend parents faces more or less instead copying eyes,nose and faceshape onto their offspring. I would be pleased even if they coppied minor features like shape of eye appex,eyelid hight,lip curve etc.but not the entire thing.
moppable floor ,polishable windows;
putting lunch into the paper bags for husband,children;
more "ask..." options;
gangs,mafia,shootings,drug use,funeral (I get bored of picture perfect gameplay,often crave for realism.)
put up a child\baby\toddler for adoption (I think it is possible to create a mod for that matter,because you can actually send alien babes back to their world)
take dancing classes and learn new styles/same goes for singing and drawingflorist bench,pottery wheel like we had in TS2 . It would finally make sense to pick flowers from parks and meadows
death of babies,toddlers,children (kiddos can actually die by drowning,,but that's all);
more species of fish,domestic animals;
making compost;
quick dates;
cute romantic interactions while at table;
new careers\jobs-furniture maker,gardener,butcher;florist;janitor;singer (opera,rap,soul,funk-not everyone dies to become a rock star...)
curtains that could be closed;
going for a walk in groups (I don't know whether it's a part of Go Here mod)
TS2 relationship system (yay,one sided crush\hatred)
bruises,cuts appearing after a fight
ability to break limbs\be handicapped
attraction by looks
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 8:52 AM
- TS2 style OFB
This is my major wish. I would like to see it expand on TS2 OFB. Not just for selling items, but also for selling a skill based service. Like owning a garage where you use your mechanical skill to fix up cars that sims bring in. Or restoring other sim's classic paintings in your studio. Patching up furniture. Etc. Preferably so you can hire other sims to help you too.

- TS4 sims (so basically better graphics).
- some of the QoL improvements for building from TS4, like being able to move around or copy a complete room etc.
- TS4 multitasking (but then without the chair dance and faster eating).
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 10:47 AM
+ Mowing lawns and sweeping/vacuuming/mopping floors
Mowing lawns is something that I actually would expect to have been added with Seasons. You could also hire a gardener, who would mow the lawn and trim the hedges/flowers you had; like the gardener you could hire in Sims 2. And if you want a cheaper version, have your kids be able to do it. Make it a chore they can do or even a little job to earn a bit of money for themselves. They could head over to the neighbors' houses on weekend mornings and ask if they should mow the lawn for a little compensation. Or make it an appointment to do during the week.

+ More romantic interactions
And maybe some flavor to them. Great Kissers should be able to have different kisses to give, like a dip kiss or an up-the-arm one like Gomez to Morticia from the Addams Family. Not relegate those to EP interactions that anyone can do. Or add some more nuanced things to things like cuddling on the sofa. I've said it before, but the cuddling that couples do in Sims 2 in bed, before getting up, is very sweet and should have remained.

+ Altered reading poses
Everybody reads with a stiff back and the neck down. That just looks painful. I'd especially expect Bookworms to read while lying down on the couch or lying on their stomach on their bed, reading.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
+ More romantic interactions
And maybe some flavor to them. Great Kissers should be able to have different kisses to give, like a dip kiss or an up-the-arm one like Gomez to Morticia from the Addams Family. Not relegate those to EP interactions that anyone can do. Or add some more nuanced things to things like cuddling on the sofa. I've said it before, but the cuddling that couples do in Sims 2 in bed, before getting up, is very sweet and should have remained.

I like how, in TS2, there were a whole bunch of different kisses. Not everyone kisses in the same way, and indeed not everyone gets out of bed before having a bit of a cuddle.
+ Altered reading poses
Everybody reads with a stiff back and the neck down. That just looks painful. I'd especially expect Bookworms to read while lying down on the couch or lying on their stomach on their bed, reading.

Yeah, that. And they hold their books in just the weirdest way. I mean, they hold the books tilted away from them. You're supposed to hold a book in front of your face, facing you directly.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 2:12 PM
I neeeedddd more store cultural stuff. I'm making a tiny Tibetan based island and..... welp ... I like authenticity...
Scholar
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 2:56 PM
Honestly, I've got a house with 2 adults, 2 teen,s and 3 kids, and the teens are pretty left out. They don't have much clothes, they can no longer do the kids stuff, and they can't do all the adult stuff yet either.

I'd also like to see kids be able to gain the riding skill. I was so psyched to have kids and a horse so I can have a horse-mad little girl ride! ...Only to find that when I clicked on the horse, the only thing I could do was "give treat."

Mostly I wish that sims could interact with their surroundings a bit more. If we're hiking, and we come to a clearing or an overlook with a large, flat rock, people sit on it. If there's a public building with the circular cutouts from ITF, then teens would come and hangout there, sitting or lounging, spreading stuff everywhere. Pose packs, can give the appearance of that happening for a story, but a sim won't organically climb a boulder.
Alchemist
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blyneliaivel

+ Mowing lawns and sweeping/vacuuming/mopping floors
[...]
+ Altered reading poses

Yes! I'm also in the camp that loved laundry and would've liked for sims to do more around the house to clean it (or at least make the maid service actually useful).
Sims should be able to take care of flowers and sell them at a market (maybe Seasons festivals!), along with other things they make (sculptures, paintings, maybe even food!). IMO, the OFB system should've been included with Ambitions.

I just realized how much I need variation in reading poses in my game Add to this sims occasionally looking away from the pages and maybe rubbing their eyes, because you can't read a book for hours without looking away even once!

Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
I neeeedddd more store cultural stuff. I'm making a tiny Tibetan based island and..... welp ... I like authenticity...

Maybe it would've been better to have SPs dedicated to different cultures (like one SP per continent), the Store sets are awfully limited.

As for me, I would've liked to see:

- woodworking skill: making furniture and deco objects - imagine sims making their own furniture! And I think it wouldn't even be that difficult, just a tuning of the sculpting system from Ambitions as it already has some furniture objects that can be sculpted.

- a way to be able to sort ingredients by type within the fridge i.e. Fruit, Vegetables, Fish, Meat & Cheese etc. Maybe have the fridge inventory as a system of "drawers".

- a way to check what ingredients you already have while shopping.

- a Naive/Gullible trait that makes sims susceptible to believing in conspiracy theories, scams (donation scams especially) and gossip.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Maybe it would've been better to have SPs dedicated to different cultures (like one SP per continent), the Store sets are awfully limited.

Likewise, as a retro nut, I think they should've either split the decades pack into three separate ones or they should've released some Store content to go with the themes. The Store has tons of period content but nothing that's directly related to the 70s, 80s or 90s. Which sucks.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 12:12 PM
What is I'd like to see added in the game is mods that put more interactions and new animations to go with it but I would imagine that it would be too hard too program in and the animations too time consuming to make but it wouldn't hurt to try new things out won't it because practice leads to perfection and we all know that EA is too lazy and greedy to fix all these things and they just take your money and run.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Honestly, I've got a house with 2 adults, 2 teen,s and 3 kids, and the teens are pretty left out. They don't have much clothes, they can no longer do the kids stuff, and they can't do all the adult stuff yet either.

I'd also like to see kids be able to gain the riding skill. I was so psyched to have kids and a horse so I can have a horse-mad little girl ride! ...Only to find that when I clicked on the horse, the only thing I could do was "give treat."

Mostly I wish that sims could interact with their surroundings a bit more. If we're hiking, and we come to a clearing or an overlook with a large, flat rock, people sit on it. If there's a public building with the circular cutouts from ITF, then teens would come and hangout there, sitting or lounging, spreading stuff everywhere. Pose packs, can give the appearance of that happening for a story, but a sim won't organically climb a boulder.

I know right that's why i'm hoping that the Children Can mod would be updated to include those things but I doubt it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blyneliaivel
I'd like to see such features as:
interactional shopping for clothing\groceries (and each item would have it's price.Not like it was in TS2 200 simoleans per item);
daycare\kindergartens that would take action in potty training,teaching how to talk and walk etc...
more traits or more enhanced current available traits. (for example,great kisser would have more options how to kiss than any other ordinary sim;new trait-LIAR,GLUTTON,OBSESSIVE,DELUSIONAL)
option to buy baby goods such as nappies,bottles,milk mixture,baby food that would actualy look like food not a porridge of mud;
more realistic genetics that would blend parents faces more or less instead copying eyes,nose and faceshape onto their offspring. I would be pleased even if they coppied minor features like shape of eye appex,eyelid hight,lip curve etc.but not the entire thing.
moppable floor ,polishable windows;
putting lunch into the paper bags for husband,children;
more "ask..." options;
gangs,mafia,shootings,drug use,funeral (I get bored of picture perfect gameplay,often crave for realism.)
put up a child\baby\toddler for adoption (I think it is possible to create a mod for that matter,because you can actually send alien babes back to their world)
take dancing classes and learn new styles/same goes for singing and drawingflorist bench,pottery wheel like we had in TS2 . It would finally make sense to pick flowers from parks and meadows
death of babies,toddlers,children (kiddos can actually die by drowning,,but that's all);
more species of fish,domestic animals;
making compost;
quick dates;
cute romantic interactions while at table;
new careers\jobs-furniture maker,gardener,butcher;florist;janitor;singer (opera,rap,soul,funk-not everyone dies to become a rock star...)
curtains that could be closed;
going for a walk in groups (I don't know whether it's a part of Go Here mod)
TS2 relationship system (yay,one sided crush\hatred)
bruises,cuts appearing after a fight
ability to break limbs\be handicapped
attraction by looks

One thing that I don't like is how still the babies are in this game. They're like wrapped up baby dolls that cry and mess themselves when they're hungry or want some attention. It's such a downgrade from the Sims 2 babies who actually act and feel like actual babies instead of those burrito dolls on Sims 3. You also can't do much with them which is why I age them up. A good example is the sims teleporting inside cars instead of creating new animation that make them open and close the car doors just shows you how lazy EA is with this game. There's also the unbearable lag and loading screens that take forever to finish.
Site Helper
#14 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 5:03 AM
I like the ability to put a car spot in the attic and have the car there without worrying about how it gets to the road. (Especially when the "car" is Esmeralda's giant bat.)

What I would really like to see: does anybody remember the "Magic for TS3" mod which became dangerously outdated with the Pets patch?
I STILL miss it. And I do have Supernatural.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 1:51 PM
Like in TS2, multi-life states. A witch-vampire would be nice
Weapons and detailed fight (like in Saints Row :D) that would be more realistic and a good combination I think.
Ruffian trait so playing with my pirate household will be more fun,
More romantic interactions (like in TS2)
A new travel destination, which is space themed. And lots of adventure lots! Maybe an alien planet? When we upgrade The Galaxa Space Car, we could travel there...
And a new lot type something like flying houseboat. It would be great for spaceship lots :D
Site Helper
#16 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 2:12 PM
Multi-life states are possible with Hybrid. And there is a weapons mod available. (Actually I think there are more than one)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#17 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 3:20 PM
shorter pregnancy

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 5:30 PM
There is built in tool to make houses (build mode). A built in tool to make sims (CAH). A separate CAW tool to make worlds, a built in tool to edit worlds, a weak tool to make patterns (EA's CAP);
I want a built in program to make mods.
a) Make animations.
b) Make interactions.
c) Make traits
d) Make objects.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#19 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 6:11 PM
oMG WE NEED THAT!! but sims 4 is out so they won't bother and it'll probably cost due to ea's money grabbing ways

literally the landgraabs might be based of EA

My Tumblr
Scholar
#20 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 8:42 PM
There should be a random chance that the baby spits up on you when you do the "play with interaction." It could stack so if you do "play with" 3 times there's 3 times the likelihood that the baby spits up. Then because of the law of random numbers, some babies would spit up machines and some would not, and then the grownup would get a -10 moodlet of "It got in my mouth!"
Scholar
#21 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 8:46 PM
just like in good old sims 2,i'm sure theres a mod for it maybe?

My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wasset-aseskara
Like in TS2, multi-life states. A witch-vampire would be nice
Weapons and detailed fight (like in Saints Row :D) that would be more realistic and a good combination I think.
Ruffian trait so playing with my pirate household will be more fun,
More romantic interactions (like in TS2)
A new travel destination, which is space themed. And lots of adventure lots! Maybe an alien planet? When we upgrade The Galaxa Space Car, we could travel there...
And a new lot type something like flying houseboat. It would be great for spaceship lots :D

What kind of weapons and fighting do they have on Saints Rows because I never played that game before yet?
#23 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamegenius
What kind of weapons and fighting do they have on Saints Rows because I never played that game before yet?

TO put it this way, the most famous weapon from the series is a giant floppy purple dildo that you use to bludgeon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
TO put it this way, the most famous weapon from the series is a giant floppy purple dildo that you use to bludgeon.

That sounds like a cool game to play but too bad my laptop is cheap and I'm running really low on disk space to store any games on it. It also overheats and shuts itself when I change it to high performance. Anyways what kind of fighting moves you could do on Saints Row? I know on The True Crime game series particularly Streets Of LA you could do karate to take criminals down which I have a lot of good memories doing.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamegenius
If they have just done that then I would probably feel more motivated to create new interactions and animations for the game but I guess that I have to learn C++ or C## in order to script new interactions and animations into the game which I don't know how to do yet and is too complicated to learn and figure out although it would be a great learning experience for me.

For a new interaction with an new animation you need to know C#, Smooth Jazz, Blender and how to make an ITUN.
The skill set is pretty impressive.

Sims are better than us.
Page 1 of 2