Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 18 (Who?), Viewed: 1057 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:32 PM
Default Why did they mess up the collision in this game so much?
It's not even about the lack of basic content in TS4 anymore, the thing that puts me off the most is how horrible the collision is. I am constantly seeing doors closing too early and flying right through Sims, Sims walking through tables etc. etc.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:36 PM
well either this small clipping/collision errors or that messed up pathfinding from TS3 if I have to choose I thake the collision errors everday of the week
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy92
well either this small clipping/collision errors or that messed up pathfinding from TS3 if I have to choose I thake the collision errors everday of the week


This, but the topic creator has a point. I dunno what to say anymore, though. Yes, the game is horribly flawed, but some people can find a way to enjoy it. It took me over a year but I did eventually come to like, enjoy and eventually love TS4. The main problem now is that my computer is a Dell/Alienware piece of shit and will crash randomly, mostly on games that I actually want to play--and of course, TS4 is one of those. These days it's not even worth messing with anymore. So, my point is to you haters, if you have a non-Dell non-piece of shit computer that you didn't pay way too much for and you can still play TS4 with no problems, my suggestion would be to keep playing. It will either eventually charm you and you'll find what works for you or it won't.

But I mean, at least your piece of shit computer won't be making that decision for you. Seriously, f*** Alienware and Dell. They're right behind EA in terms of scum but at least EA makes good products occasionally, and those products don't come with an insane pricetag that starts randomly crashing only 9 months in. You can't make this up.

smash that disagree button fam, red's my favorite color
Instructor
#4 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 7:36 AM
Instead of letting sims pass through each other...and rocks...and bushes...and tables...and half-walls...and literally everything else. They should have just...fixed it.
My immmmeeerrrssssion

Sometimes...things that are expensive...are worse.
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenti

But I mean, at least your piece of shit computer won't be making that decision for you. Seriously, f*** Alienware and Dell. They're right behind EA in terms of scum but at least EA makes good products occasionally, and those products don't come with an insane pricetag that starts randomly crashing only 9 months in. You can't make this up.


I started experiencing random reboots (Windows 10, CyberpowerPC) after the big windows 10 Creators update (I was already a W10 user, this was a big, new update). I went to Geeks to Go! Forums and they helped resolve my problem. My PC hasn't crashed since we fixed the issue. (Plus I got a new power supply, which it needed). Best of all, their help is free. I strongly recommend it. I mean, I don't know what your PC's specs are, but you never know. They *might* be able to solve the crashing issue. Does it meet the games requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisskreuz
Instead of letting sims pass through each other...and rocks...and bushes...and tables...and half-walls...and literally everything else. They should have just...fixed it.
My immmmeeerrrssssion


Ah yea. It can be annoying but I guess I'm not that bothered by it most of the time. Depends. Sometimes it's just so ridiculous it makes me laugh.

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ If you think Sims 4 sims are exceptionally cartoony looking, don't blame your terrible designing skills on the game. :)
Scholar
#6 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergirl79
I started experiencing random reboots (Windows 10, CyberpowerPC) after the big windows 10 Creators update (I was already a W10 user, this was a big, new update). I went to Geeks to Go! Forums and they helped resolve my problem. My PC hasn't crashed since we fixed the issue. (Plus I got a new power supply, which it needed). Best of all, their help is free. I strongly recommend it. I mean, I don't know what your PC's specs are, but you never know. They *might* be able to solve the crashing issue. Does it meet the games requirements?

Ah yea. It can be annoying but I guess I'm not that bothered by it most of the time. Depends. Sometimes it's just so ridiculous it makes me laugh.


I'm an Alienware user myself (R2 Model from December 2015) and of all the computers I've owned it has been the most reliable (no crashing, no problems of any kind). Experiences vary. Like was said above, if you're using Windows 10 it can be a real PIA. I'm still on Windows 8.1 and I'm staying here until this machine dies and I don't have a choice but to switch.

Something else could be your problems are from video card drivers. I know I have serious problems with the Crimson drivers from AMD and my R9 370. I haven't found one yet that doesn't cause me issues. So I'm running the last Catalyst beta drivers. It limits me from playing newer games, but for me that's not a big deal since I primarily only play a small handful of older games. So, that one's on AMD for not supporting older cards properly not Alienware.

The only positive I've ever heard about Windows 10 is that Microsoft fixed the problem with VRAM and DirectX 9 games that's existed since Windows 8, in the fall Creator's Update, and that's helped out a lot of folks playing Classic Skyrim (AKA Oldrim) on Windows 10. As an Oldrim player myself, it makes me seriously mad it took them this long to fix it, but you'll have that. Typical Microsoft.

Anyway. I'd rather have the wacky collision that's non-existent in Sims 4 over the PIA routing issues of Sims 3. I do not miss that from Sims 3 at all.
Inventor
#7 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 11:10 AM
What makes me laugh in disbelief, is when a door opens inwards for a sim to go in and make a right-hand turn, they clip completely thur the entire door dead-centre perfectly everytime, and makes you wonder why did the door bothered opening in the first place.

But clipping isn't discouraging me from playing, I'll rather to see some clipping than them standing around waving their arms and complaining.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 12:33 PM
There is no collision detection in the game, not in the technical sense of the word. No physics whatsoever.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
dodgy builder
#9 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 1:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
There is no collision detection in the game, not in the technical sense of the word. No physics whatsoever.


We just had a bit of collision wednesday. I don't really remember. Is it the game engine doing that?

On subject. The glitching issues gets worse with each expansion pack, and patching. It was the same in ts3. I remember I was really happy about the lack of bugs and glitches in ts4, as soon as it was released. Now I see much more of it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
I'll rather to see some clipping than them standing around waving their arms and complaining.


Seems likely to me that they might have done this in TS4 because of the annoying dances in the previous games ("come on, this would be perfectly passable in real life...") but they just screwed it up and entirely destroyed the collision
Scholar
#11 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 7:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
What makes me laugh in disbelief, is when a door opens inwards for a sim to go in and make a right-hand turn, they clip completely thur the entire door dead-centre perfectly everytime, and makes you wonder why did the door bothered opening in the first place.

But clipping isn't discouraging me from playing, I'll rather to see some clipping than them standing around waving their arms and complaining.


If it wasn't waving and complaining it was G_D D__M cheering and clapping all the time. Man it is soooo nice not to have sims having so many path errors. Like the small spaces they can squeeze into it's a bloody miracle.

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ If you think Sims 4 sims are exceptionally cartoony looking, don't blame your terrible designing skills on the game. :)
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparkison
I'm an Alienware user myself (R2 Model from December 2015) and of all the computers I've owned it has been the most reliable (no crashing, no problems of any kind). Experiences vary. Like was said above, if you're using Windows 10 it can be a real PIA. I'm still on Windows 8.1 and I'm staying here until this machine dies and I don't have a choice but to switch.

Something else could be your problems are from video card drivers. I know I have serious problems with the Crimson drivers from AMD and my R9 370. I haven't found one yet that doesn't cause me issues. So I'm running the last Catalyst beta drivers. It limits me from playing newer games, but for me that's not a big deal since I primarily only play a small handful of older games. So, that one's on AMD for not supporting older cards properly not Alienware.

The only positive I've ever heard about Windows 10 is that Microsoft fixed the problem with VRAM and DirectX 9 games that's existed since Windows 8, in the fall Creator's Update, and that's helped out a lot of folks playing Classic Skyrim (AKA Oldrim) on Windows 10. As an Oldrim player myself, it makes me seriously mad it took them this long to fix it, but you'll have that. Typical Microsoft.

Anyway. I'd rather have the wacky collision that's non-existent in Sims 4 over the PIA routing issues of Sims 3. I do not miss that from Sims 3 at all.


ive bought a new computer and i just cannot run skyrim on windows 10. it could be the mods but i never had a problem like this in my old computer that had thousands of mods....yep. guess i will have to wait for elder scrolls 6.
Scholar
#13 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 6:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyDreamers
ive bought a new computer and i just cannot run skyrim on windows 10. it could be the mods but i never had a problem like this in my old computer that had thousands of mods....yep. guess i will have to wait for elder scrolls 6.


That stinks. I've seen a lot of folks who didn't want to go to Special Edition say that the Creator's Update really helped them, because of the VRAM cap being lifted. You still need SKSE though. I think the VRAM cap fix helps the most when you use a demanding ENB and lots of texture mods.

I've never had a problem with Classic Skyrim myself, since I try to be prudent with texture mods and not go overboard, because I refuse to give up my ENB. I also don't use a lot of gameplay mods. Just the necessary basics. You could always try Special Edition, but I hate the graphics and even with SKSE64 coming eventually, there's no way I'll switch.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:15 AM
My sorcerer Sim does that. He glides too like the reaper
Inventor
#15 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:05 PM
I am ok with the sims passing each other on the same tile. That annoyed me in TS3, because you don't need a square yard to be able to pass each other. But yeah, the glitching through furniture could sometimes be annoying.
Inventor
#16 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 5:20 PM
Sometimes what they put in into furniture/appliances can be annoying, I got one family, that puts a a serving of food say under the microwave, so I can't find it or even click on it when I do find it, and another family, that puts a serving of food under the coffee machine, so I got to go into build mode to tempoary move appliance out of the way so I can access the plate of food.
Scholar
#17 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 5:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
Sometimes what they put in into furniture/appliances can be annoying, I got one family, that puts a a serving of food say under the microwave, so I can't find it or even click on it when I do find it, and another family, that puts a serving of food under the coffee machine, so I got to go into build mode to tempoary move appliance out of the way so I can access the plate of food.


There was one incident where a sim attempted to clean a mug. I could not find the mug anywhere. Somehow, she managed to put it on the wall of the empty apartment next door, and that is where I found it. In the next apartment.

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ If you think Sims 4 sims are exceptionally cartoony looking, don't blame your terrible designing skills on the game. :)
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 5:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergirl79
There was one incident where a sim attempted to clean a mug. I could not find the mug anywhere. Somehow, she managed to put it on the wall of the empty apartment next door, and that is where I found it. In the next apartment.

I think your sim should move out. Those are very dangerous neighbors that have the temptation to mug your sims' puns.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 6:47 PM
Yeah I totally get that being something that could just totally ruin the game for some. For me, it's not one of the things that really bugs me for some reason. I mean, yes, it would have preffered for them to have fixed pathing issues another way, but I'm just happy that there aren't sims 3 level pathing issues and that I can play in much tighter spaces and not have to worry about constnat rout fail tantrums. Honestly, pathing issies and constnat rout fails are much more obnoxious to me than the clipping.
Back to top