Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 8:46 PM
Clubseed tuning
Yesterday and today i have been dabbling a bit with some custom clubseed tuning. So far i have been able to seed custom clubs. In the description files in Club.Seeds and under club_rules you can find tunables for restriction and with_whom. Under with_whom you have different criteria. I have tested age and club_membership criteria and they work. But when you try traits criteria the game crashes and stops working. No events are logged in the log files. For membership criteria all the tunables seem to work, but not for club rules.

I dont know if i am pushing the limits or just have errors in my xml tuning. Hope anyone has experience with this and can point me in the right direction? Have been looking around on the different forums but not many people seem to do club tuning. Basically what i did was extracting the tuning for an existing clubseed with S4S and modified it according the description files. Saved it to a package file and used the club seed cheatcode with my custom clubseed info. See here a copy of my xmls.

Club Seed Tuning
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<I c="ClubSeed" i="club_seed" m="clubs.club_tuning" n="clubSeed_KH_FashionLovers" s="2355572348">
  <T n="club_description">0x08827E34<!--Fashion Lovers Club--></T>
  <L n="club_rules">
   <V t="literal">
     <U n="literal">
       <T n="action">121698<!--clubInteractionGroup_Social_BeMean--></T>
       <V n="restriction" t="Encouraged" />
       <V n="with_whom" t="enabled">
         <V n="enabled" t="trait">
           <U n="traits">
             <L n="traits">
               <T>27915<!--Trait: trait_Good--></T>
             </L>
           </U>
         </V>
       </V>
      </U>
   </V>
   </L>
  <V n="hangout" t="venue">
    <U n="venue">
      <T n="venue_type">28614<!--venue_residential--></T>
    </U>
  </V>
  <T n="icon" p="InEP02\UI\Icons\Clubs\clubIndicator_EP02crownSkull.png">2f7d0004:00000000:50d00e0aea68967e</T>
  <U n="initial_number_of_memebers">
    <T n="lower_bound">1</T>
    <T n="upper_bound">2</T>
  </U>
  <T n="invite_only">False</T>
  <L n="membership_criteria">
    <V t="age">
      <U n="age">
        <L n="ages">
          <E>YOUNGADULT</E>
        </L>
      </U>
    </V>
    <V t="skill">
      <U n="skill">
        <L n="skills">
          <T>16699<!--statistic_Skill_AdultMajor_Charisma--></T>
        </L>
      </U>
    </V>
    <V t="trait">
      <U n="trait">
        <L n="traits">
          <T>102448<!--trait_GenderFemale--></T>
        </L>
      </U>
    </V>
  </L>
  <T n="name">0x6A0D21E8<!--Fashion Lovers--></T>
</I>

Simdata file
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimData version="0x00000101" u="0x00000009">
  <Instances>
    <I name="clubSeed_KH_FashionLovers" schema="ClubSeed" type="Object">
      <T name="club_description">0x08827E34</T>
      <T name="name">0x6A0D21E8</T>
    </I>
  </Instances>
  <Schemas>
    <Schema name="ClubSeed" schema_hash="0x962F576A">
      <Columns>
        <Column name="club_description" type="LocalizationKey" flags="0x00000000" />
        <Column name="name" type="LocalizationKey" flags="0x00000000" />
      </Columns>
    </Schema>
  </Schemas>
</SimData>
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:26 AM
Would like to post this issue also at http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/cat...cal-discussions because the game crashes to Windows without any errors. According the description files and the source code the traits criteria should work. But i seem no to be able to open any discussions there. Does anyone know what you have to do to open a discussion there? I admit i am a new user with not that many posts.
Deceased
#3 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by krullehoofd
Would like to post this issue also at http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/cat...cal-discussions because the game crashes to Windows without any errors. According the description files and the source code the traits criteria should work. But i seem no to be able to open any discussions there. Does anyone know what you have to do to open a discussion there? I admit i am a new user with not that many posts.

Not sure, seems like it was immediate or a fairly low post count.

As for the XML code for the trait section, I'm not 100% sure if that's correct or not. I looked for an example in the game XML and couldn't find one (did not do an exhaustive search though). You might want to try the SLE, enable the logging from startup option by editing the script, and check the Tuning.log file generated at startup to see if your tuning shows an error when loading. Many tuning loading errors do not throw an exception, but it does log the information to the debug logs if that's enabled.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Not sure, seems like it was immediate or a fairly low post count.

As for the XML code for the trait section, I'm not 100% sure if that's correct or not. I looked for an example in the game XML and couldn't find one (did not do an exhaustive search though). You might want to try the SLE, enable the logging from startup option by editing the script, and check the Tuning.log file generated at startup to see if your tuning shows an error when loading. Many tuning loading errors do not throw an exception, but it does log the information to the debug logs if that's enabled.

Thanks for this. Very helpful. Will look into it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 10:00 PM
Thanks for this. Very helpful. Will look into it.

Have tried the logging script! Very helpful! Thanks for creating that. Anyways there were no errors relating to tuning xml. Found a thread on another forum where someone mentioned UI modding and gfx files but i have no clue about that. Posted in that thread, hope someone will react. Thanks for your help so far.
Deceased
#6 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:33 AM
Found a thread on another forum where someone mentioned UI modding and gfx files but i have no clue about that. Posted in that thread, hope someone will react. Thanks for your help so far.

Yeah, now that you mention the UI I do see that issue. Although the tuning is set to allow the traits specification for the tuning, the UI only supports the choices Everyone, Clubes and Age. Check to see if you have a lastUIException file, but yeah modifying those GFX files without the appropriate software to modify them is not trivial, and in my attempts to modify them with JPEXS I was only able to do very limited things and often caused crash to desktop or inifinite load screens trying to make any significant modifications.