Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#26 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:18 PM
Ok in case anyone missed the update, I upped first round to 80,000 as I had it pointed out, that CC free builders, might want to be able to build cc free anyway, and still be able to compete
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:45 AM
Happy to be an emergency judge if not already filled.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#28 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:50 AM
Thank you! I will put you as second emergency judge if that is ok
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Thank you! I will put you as second emergency judge if that is ok

Yep all good. You're unlikely to need me

Btw, I saw mention of a play along thread. Where is that (just for curiosity's sake)?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 3:58 AM
You can post you play along entry on the contest thread (say it's play along) or here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#31 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 3:59 AM
The playalongs go to the same thread they just have their own box where they will get smiley faces instead of regular scores.

Broomhilda just was unsure of posting so we gave her more options.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can post you play along entry on the contest thread (say it's play along) or here.

Oh ok. Is there a limit to the number of playalongs? I won't have time to contribute at the beginning, but perhaps later on. Interested to see everyone else's though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:24 AM
I might only comment on a few, people that really need comments.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#34 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 6:34 AM
I can add you to the list @yavannatw
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I can add you to the list @yavannatw

Thanks.

After saying I don't have time I just built a quiick and dirty lot. I couldn't help myself.
Instructor
#36 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 3:11 AM
I just spent the last 4 hours trying to build this restaurant and well I got so frustrated I bulldozed it down..I think I am way over my head but not giving up.. :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 3:16 AM
You can do it broomhilda, I am cheering you on. Keep it simple, to something that you can do.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#38 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 3:49 AM
One thing at a time, Broomhilda. Those four hours were invested in figuring out what you didn't want to do, so now your way is clear!

I had no particular inspiration, so yesterday I opened an AGS game with no CC in it and went through the catalog pulling out items that would be necessary or appropriate to an Asian restaurant, without worrying about expense or space or anything like that, just pulling in objects and trying to get some sort of semi-consistent color scheme going. Then I looked at the random mess and shut the game down in disgust.

And today I built the thing. Because I'd set my backbrain working on it. Trust your backbrain and don't tie yourself in knots trying to make your conscious mind do all the work.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#39 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 5:55 PM
Thank you Jo and Peni :lovestruc

When I build I have to go in 4 to 6 squares on the sides and the back..because the roof won't go on otherwise..I went 4 squares yesterday today I am going to go in 6 squares to make sure I can get the roof on..and then the stairs going to the second floor was out in the middle of the room it drove me nuts lol..so have to refigure that as well..lol

Ok off to redo and rethink this again
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:39 PM
What do you mean it won't go on? You might like to ask in the building area for roofing help @broomhilda

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#41 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:15 AM
I have it Jo..I just had to take off the foundation and place it all on the ground level..and still had problems with it..but it's on now..

Have a serious question..I have mine done..or at least I think I do..but when I click on it to get how much it all is..well it's not showing that..was this supposed to be a community lot or a residential lot..?????

I have it as a community lot..I think I messed up didn't I..
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#42 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:23 AM
NO you didn't mess up it is supposed to be a community lot

There is an icon in build mode, I think it is, up in the upper left corner, that shows prices when you click on it. If I am wrong somebody correct me please!
Instructor
#43 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:34 AM
Ok give me a minute and I will go check.. well I am in the neighborhood and clicked on it but nothing..do I need to be in the lot..???
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by broomhilda61
Ok give me a minute and I will go check.. well I am in the neighborhood and clicked on it but nothing..do I need to be in the lot..???

Yes, you need to be in the lot.
Instructor
#45 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:49 AM
Ok so once I get in the lot where do I go to find how much I spent..???

I found it

Thank you gdayars and yavannatw

And well..I am $44,000 over..

Off to figure out what to do..
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:51 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 8th Feb 2018 at 1:18 AM. Reason: Pic not needed
Quote: Originally posted by broomhilda61
Ok so once I get in the lot where do I go to find how much I spent..???

There should be a little blue " i " icon top left corner. Click on it.
Instructor
#47 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 3:37 AM
Got it done..and clicked on that icon at the top left corner..I can't take a picture..with the "c" or the "in game camera" while in that mode..??????

Can't use Fraps anymore..I guess it's only free for so many pictures..not sure what over picture program I can use..

I got it to just under $80,000 lol..$77,something..
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#48 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 3:47 AM
fraps doesn't have a limit?

However, if you run in windowed mode you can use printscreen if you can't get fraps to run for some reason (maybe it needs updated).

instructions for windowed mode
Instructor
#49 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:02 AM
I downloaded Frabs 3 different times..not working for me..??? I will try and figure out Fraps again..it's 10pm here..going to go watch Lord of the Rings on Netflix and then go to bed..lol..

I don't know how to use Windowed mode or the printscreen..someone a few years ago tried to help me get windowed mode and we couldn't do it..they could see it but I couldn't..on my end..

Thank you for your help gdayars..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:05 AM
I wish I could see what you are doing Broomhilda so I could help you. Fraps uses a key that you can set. When it's running you will see the frame rate numbers at top of your screen and it flashes black (the numbers) when you take a picture. I should not stop working. occasionally it does a bit of a drama queen stomp and stops taking pictures, but I find turning it off with task manager and back on normally fixes that. I use FastStone to quickly change the bmp shots that Fraps takes into jpegs.

~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 4