Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 315 (Who?), Viewed: 17662 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 2 of 13
dodgy builder
#26 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:02 PM
As usual I feel the need to ruin the party with my honesty.
tunafishfish: spawners on lots multiply when the lot is being turned around. This time they follow the world, and there shouldn't then be a need to turn them around. Could the spawners be added to the world layer instead?
Instructor
#27 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
tunafishfish: spawners on lots multiply when the lot is being turned around. This time they follow the world, and there shouldn't then be a need to turn them around. Could the spawners be added to the world layer instead?

You're not ruining anything! I've never had experience with creating lots with the intention of giving them to anyone else, and I don't tend to rotate my lots or anything since I create them where I want them. I didn't know about the spawner issue. The library has none, but I am thinking of submitting the graveyard to this site. Should I remove the graveyard fish spawner, and the special seed spawner?
Scholar
#28 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 2:12 PM
I would suggest to leave the spawners on the lot if you intend to upload it as a separate lot. Many players kind of "expect" those specific spawners on a graveyard lot. But maybe add a notice to the download page, that these spawners are there and if players rotate/place the lot they should pay attention to duplicates.

Also Simmy can decide if she removes the spawners - it depends on if she finds a suitable place on that tiny island. And a graveyard is a perfect place for them.
Scholar
#29 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 10:02 PM
I will probably make an Art Gallery on a 15x15 lot. Very pets themed I hope it's not to silly for your world, Simmy? It will feature a caf (well, a coffee machine), kids corner and more or less artistic pets themed exhibits...
Screenshots
Scholar
#30 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:14 AM
tunafishfish - I agree that it might be best to leave the spawners on the lot. Players expect to find the death flowers and/or life plants - or the seeds for them - somewhere in a town and the graveyard is the logical place for them. It might help players not to have to rotate a lot - and thus have problems with spawners multiplying - by setting the front of the lot before you export it. If you don't know how to do that, please post here or in the Mentoring4Builders forum and I or someone else will help you. It is a good idea to make a note in the upload description that, if players do have to rotate a lot, they need to check for duplicate spawners. The other issue is that, if a lot with spawners is placed in a town and then the lot is deleted, copies of the spawners stay behind and have to be cleaned off the lot. Most long time players are aware of these issues but a note wouldn't hurt. I also suggest leaving at least some of the spawners on lots for Pet Town as there is limited space for placing spawners in the world. Quite a few have been placed but I'm not sure they would all fit. There is a separate layer for spawners on the map/town, so it will be pretty easy to look at that, plus what's on the lots, to make sure all appropriate spawners are included in the town. I'll post of list of what I've placed on the map and on lots I've built so far. Thanks very much!

Norn - Your art gallery is adorable! How can it be too over the top for a map shaped like a cat and a dog with a fishing spot in the dog's ear? I'd be delighted to include it in Pet Town!
Scholar
#31 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom

Thanks for your comment, Volvenom! I'll check the lots when I place them in the world and, if I have to rotate a lot, I'll remove any duplicates. As you said, players who download the town with the lots on it shouldn't have to rotate lots. I'm putting as many spawners as I can on the map, but Pets has a bunch of spawners. I'm not sure I can get them all on the map so I'm afraid some will have to be on lots. I will double check that there aren't duplicate spawners all over the place because that makes it too easy, I think.
Scholar
#32 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 3:07 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 11th Feb 2018 at 4:02 AM.
Attached is the empty town for testing. Of particular concern is routing, uneven lot edges, etc. All feedback is greatly appreciated!

These are the spawners placed on the map. I'll have to add in those few that are on lots.

Snake 1-4
Seed Common 1-4
Seed Rare 1-3
Seed Special 1-2
Seed Uncommon 1-3
Rodent 1-4
Small Bird 1-4
Large Bird 1-4
Butterfly - Epic, Kite, Monarch, Silver, Zebra
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip Pet Town Empty.zip (24.72 MB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#33 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 2:53 PM Last edited by Norn : 11th Feb 2018 at 3:09 PM.
Lovely, SimmyRN, thank you! Had to try immediately. For the results of testing the CAW files I sent you a pm. Here is what I found while having a first look at the world:
  • The fog emitter at the pond at the dog's ear spawns fog. Is that the desired effect?
  • The tall trees (Cottonwood?) from Supernatural and that round tree (Small Ash?) from WA have been replaced by basegame trees. Maybe you want to swap them for compatible trees because it would look better (see orange circles in screenshots).
  • Lots have no addresses yet.
  • I was a bit surprised to catch a robit fish at a "regular" pond. If there will be a science center and space allows, maybe move the robot fish spawner to there?
  • Maybe we can improve the world's description.
No real issues. Routing was fine, I didn't notice any lot tears or floating plants.

Something I never noticed before: the Pet toys (balls, toy box) are not usable (user directed) at beach lots, the pets did use them autonomously though. It seems the toys are only usable (user directed) on home lots? I didn't know this, maybe someone else can confirm?

[ETA]SimmyRN, would it be possible to have a version with the lots built so far? I think it might help with finding a style and to decide which lot to build on next.
Screenshots
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#34 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 3:40 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 11th Feb 2018 at 4:30 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
(...)
Something I never noticed before: the Pet toys (balls, toy box) are not usable (user directed) at beach lots, the pets did use them autonomously though. It seems the toys are only usable (user directed) on home lots? I didn't know this, maybe someone else can confirm?

(...)
Not a member, so I apologise for interfering, but my dog can use both the ball and the toybox just fine on Hangout lots, both autonomously and user directed. So it might be certain lot types only that prohibit this.
Scholar
#35 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:17 PM
Ok, I tested that. At a hangout the large dog could play user directed with the ball but neither of the dogs could use the toy box nor the horse the large ball (always talking of user directed actions). Maybe it's something with my game?

SimmyRN, I tried to place my builds in the world. But as far as I can see there is only one 15x15 lot? And from your picture it looks as if you already found a use for it. Same with the 20x15 cottage, not sure which lot you had in mind?
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:25 PM
I think it is okay if the pet toys are there just for atmosphere.

Are horses in or out?

Is the name final?

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN
Scholar
#37 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:48 AM
I'm open to suggestions for names. Any other ideas? What about horses? I rarely play them but I expect others do. Would they be expected in a Pets based town?

Norn, I placed your residential lot to the left of the 64x64 lot. I'm pretty sure there's another 15x15. I'll check. If not, we can always move the cemetery - or use tunafishfish's cemetery if she allows. Or I can make or revise an existing lot into a 15x15 lot. Sorry, I forgot to note that, for the fog emitter to work correctly, you must save the game and then play the saved version. That applies to any fog emitter effects placed on a lot. I'll have to check the pet toys on the beach. I guess it's okay if they only use them autonomously but it might be better if both user directed and autonomous. I'll post the updated town map with current lots placed.

The Pets hospital and science center are combined. There is not room on the lot for a fish spawner. What might be a better place for it? I'll see what I can do. Actually, I might be able to incorporate it into the lot. I'll try. I appreciate your comments on the CAW files!

Thanks!
Scholar
#38 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 6:58 PM Last edited by Norn : 12th Feb 2018 at 10:24 PM.
Simmy, I'm afraid the fog emitter uses the wrong code at the dog ear pond. Maybe you could double check?

And the Art Gallery is finished, just needs some testing now, so I'll definitely need a 15x15 lot (or a 20x15).

Ok, Crowkeeper and I brainstormed a bit on potential names. Here ise what we came up with:

United islands of Petanica
Catlandoo
Great Petanica
Petanica Islands
Petsimica Islands
Simpetia Islands
Simt Petia
Petsimian Isles

[ETA] I tried placing the Equestrian Center on a 40x40 lot but it would already require MOO. So my suggestion is: Make two of the bigger lots (at least 30x20) residentals for horsekeepers and make one 40x40 lot a horse ranch which I would like to claim And maybe not make an EC lot for this world. What do you think?
Instructor
#39 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 11:16 PM
Hello
I finished furnishing the little cottage from my previous post. I ended up placing it on a 15*10 lot. I noticed there are quite a few in the world so I hope it is not a big problem. Here is a link to it: http://simfileshare.net/download/448996/
The other two "townhouses" still need furnishing. I also tried to make a pool on a 15x10. It is inpired by Norn's cat lot. I attached a few pictures.

About the world:
I havent found any more issues then what Norn has already mentioned. I will let you know If something appears
Screenshots

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Scholar
#40 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Simmy, I'm afraid the fog emitter uses the wrong code at the dog ear pond. Maybe you could double check?

And the Art Gallery is finished, just needs some testing now, so I'll definitely need a 15x15 lot (or a 20x15).

Ok, Crowkeeper and I brainstormed a bit on potential names. Here ise what we came up with:

United islands of Petanica
Catlandoo
Great Petanica
Petanica Islands
Petsimica Islands
Simpetia Islands
Simt Petia
Petsimian Isles

[ETA] I tried placing the Equestrian Center on a 40x40 lot but it would already require MOO. So my suggestion is: Make two of the bigger lots (at least 30x20) residentals for horsekeepers and make one 40x40 lot a horse ranch which I would like to claim And maybe not make an EC lot for this world. What do you think?

Oh rats, the fog emitter must have reset somehow. I'll re-enter the code. That's odd about the Equestrian Center because the EA 40x40 EQ places just fine. I'll have to check it out. I'm fine with not having an Equestrian Center but I thought Pets players might expect it. Or, we could use the EA one if we can't build it from scratch. Maybe post your opinion in the thread. There are 5 30x20 lots (minus one claimed by attuned, I believe) and a 30x30 lot so we can have several horse "ranches". Love the names! Hard to choose. Shall we vote? Just reply in the thread with your favorite(s). Thanks so much!
Scholar
#41 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowkeeper
Hello
I finished furnishing the little cottage from my previous post. I ended up placing it on a 15*10 lot. I noticed there are quite a few in the world so I hope it is not a big problem. Here is a link to it: http://simfileshare.net/download/448996/
The other two "townhouses" still need furnishing. I also tried to make a pool on a 15x10. It is inpired by Norn's cat lot. I attached a few pictures.

About the world:
I havent found any more issues then what Norn has already mentioned. I will let you know If something appears

Oh my goodness! That pool is so cute and creative! Thanks so much for building it! If you want to post a link, I'll happily place it in the town and send a PM to all builders with a link to the town containing all lots created to date on it as per Norn's request. That way, builders can use the actual map for inspiration - not that any of you really need any - and test, too!
Scholar
#42 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:15 AM
Quote:
Hello

About the world:

My apologies for the double reply. For some reason, the fileshare page is coming up blank for me. Maybe there's a problem with the site. I'll try it again later. Can anyone else access it?
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:45 AM Last edited by attuned : 13th Feb 2018 at 7:10 AM.
Simmy the SFS link worked for me. Since it is a direct link to the download, sometimes it downloads automatically. Did you check your downloads?

I am still hoping to get a new builder to collaborate on a park with me.

If Norn wants to do a horse ranch, then we should have horses. People can always turn off wild horses and only have played horses if they want.

EDIT- I HATE the name Catlandoo for a town- Hate it hate it hate it. It is terrible. Don't even consider it.
On the other hand, it would make a GREAT name for a pet shop/ groomer/ boarding place, if we knew of one.

#44 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 9:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attuned
(...)
EDIT- I HATE the name Catlandoo for a town- Hate it hate it hate it. It is terrible. Don't even consider it.
On the other hand, it would make a GREAT name for a pet shop/ groomer/ boarding place, if we knew of one.
Who in their right mind would ever name a shop Catlandoo? It sounds so outlandish that everybody would think it's in a different world
Scholar
#45 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 9:30 AM
Quote:
(...)

I'm sorry for suggesting it, attuned, you're right, it's terrierable! Yes, please take that name away. If only!
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:45 PM
@Don Babilon Perhaps I should tell you my second choice for a shop name. It is:

Don Babilon's Cucumber Nectar Emporium

No, it doesn't make any sense either, but it does have a nice ring to it.

Don, if you like it here so much, maybe you should join the group. DO IT- you know you want to.

#47 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:57 PM
Quote:
Perhaps I should tell you my second choice for a shop name. It is:

Don Babilon's Cucumber Nectar Emporium

No, it doesn't make any sense either, but it does have a nice ring to it.

Don, if you like it here so much, maybe you should join the group. DO IT- you know you want to.
No cucumber nectar in my worlds anymore, I'm afraid. It was one of the quickest mods I made.
But I do have a Babilon Arcade in Lunar Lakes...

With regard to joining, well, you're all CFE and MOO addicts and I'm not too sure whether it is healthy to join such a gang. I just pop in from time to time because I am currently in a building phase (built 5 houses from scratch and modified some 4 during the last weeks), so I thought it can't hurt to check what others are up to.
Instructor
#48 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 9:41 PM
Hello I uploaded the cottage and pool file here to avoid simfileshare problems
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip The Wet Whiskers Pool.zip (2.24 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip Tiny cottage.zip (380.7 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 11:22 PM
Cattails Beach? Too obvious?

Scholar
#50 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 3:22 AM
Quote:
Hello I uploaded the cottage and pool file here to avoid simfileshare problems

Thank you, Crowkeeper! I think it was an issue with my computer I've fixed as SFS seems to be working for me now. I'll place the lots on the map.

Page 2 of 13