Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 76 (Who?), Viewed: 3625 times.
Page 1 of 4
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 9:04 PM
Default Update: 2/6/2018 - PC 1.39.74.1020 / Mac 1.39.74.1220
Update: 2/6/2018 - PC 1.39.74.1020 / Mac 1.39.74.1220

Happy 18th Anniversary Simmers!

18 years? Weíre all adulty and mature now. Wonder if our grey is showing yet? If it is, Iím going back in to Create-a-Sim for some edits.

In the meantime, however, letís raise our juice in a toast to you, the fans! Thank you for being here with us for these 18 yearsÖ and if you were here from the start, Iím sorry for the mass amount of death by kitchen fire! But hopefully youíve learned itís better to make garden salads for a couple hours before trying to make mac ní cheese (shakes fist at that demon-firestarter mac ní cheese).

With that, we have just a few new things for you to enjoy in your gameÖ

Whatís New?

A new female hair (yes, your males can wear the hair too). The Create-a-Sim artists went all out on this one, Iím loving it! (for specifics, the asset name is yf and ymHair_EF10MedCurl).

A new Anniversary T-shirt for men and women! You can find it in Create-a-Sim underÖ T-shirts.

And 10 new skin tones along the cool and warm undertones to broaden the range of Sim possibilities.

Öand weíve fixed a handful of issues.

General Issues

Night club text invites will now only occur between 8pm and 12am (Midnight).
Pregnant Sims are no longer allowed to age up.
Fountain of youth discovered!
You donít have kids, do you?
Fountain of youth is a hoax!
Deceased Sims that have been released to the netherworld will no longer appear alive in the family tree.

Vampires Issue

Sims will no longer perform a dance routine before a vampire attempts to drink from them.
Actual issue. Yep.

City Living Issue

Vegetarians can now safely eat a serving of Eggs and Toast without receiving negative buffs for doing so.
Vegans are appalled at the prospect.

Once again, Happy Anniversary, and thank you your continued support!

-SimGuruGnome

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 9:27 PM
I bet the new skin tones are gonna break all the skin defaults
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 9:57 PM
"Vegetarians can now safely eat a serving of Eggs and Toast without receiving negative buffs for doing so."

How does this make sense? Eggs are meat. Unborn meat, but still. I didn't think "not eating eggs" was a vegan thing.
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 10:35 PM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 6th Feb 2018 at 11:09 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa74ever
"Vegetarians can now safely eat a serving of Eggs and Toast without receiving negative buffs for doing so."

How does this make sense? Eggs are meat. Unborn meat, but still. I didn't think "not eating eggs" was a vegan thing.


It depends on what type of vegetarian you are.

I'm happy about the skintones all the dark ones looks really grey and ashy, I don't know what they were thinking.
The eggs and toast thing was annoying, I think I have too many vegetarian sims...
I thought pregnant sims never aged up anyway?

I'll check my default skins...
Edit: My default skin works, but No EA eyelashes doesn't.

Sometimes...things that are expensive...are worse.
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa74ever
"Vegetarians can now safely eat a serving of Eggs and Toast without receiving negative buffs for doing so."

How does this make sense? Eggs are meat. Unborn meat, but still. I didn't think "not eating eggs" was a vegan thing.


Because its not exactly meat, we arent talking about unborn mammalians and as pointed out its going to depend on how "Vegan" they are, some eat fish that certainly is meat and not eating eggs is not Vegetarian but Vegan that refuse to eat byproducts such as eggs and milk.
Instructor
#6 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:20 PM
I was hoping the hair would be a bit more universal, like the other patch ponytail. But maybe someone will get a good use out of it. I think i snagged one of the new skin colors but I don't use them so egh. It does look supremely better than the grey ones I remember so i'm assuming yes. There are some new lighter tones too. Either they edited the old ones to look WAY less yellow or they added some new pinker ones.

Sometimes...things that are expensive...are worse.
Scholar
#7 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:31 PM
I don't know why or how, but Luumia's skins appear to still work? Like the adults don't have that ugly mouth crease and their more detailed nipples are there for male and female bodies. That hair looks really nice on her (But it doesn't suit all sims I admit)


Quote:
Originally Posted by aa74ever
"Vegetarians can now safely eat a serving of Eggs and Toast without receiving negative buffs for doing so."

How does this make sense? Eggs are meat. Unborn meat, but still. I didn't think "not eating eggs" was a vegan thing.


It's not meat. It's chicken period.

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ If you think Sims 4 sims are exceptionally cartoony looking, don't blame your terrible designing skills on the game. :)
Instructor
#8 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:43 PM
Default replacement work because the base texture is just a greyscale with the tone being its own color texture but there are usually no details so the new colors are simply new color tones but lack the detailing.
Scholar
#9 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 12:13 AM
Well I'm glad to hear it because Luumia hasn't updated his site since 2 months ago.

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ If you think Sims 4 sims are exceptionally cartoony looking, don't blame your terrible designing skills on the game. :)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakron
Because its not exactly meat, we arent talking about unborn mammalians and as pointed out its going to depend on how "Vegan" they are, some eat fish that certainly is meat and not eating eggs is not Vegetarian but Vegan that refuse to eat byproducts such as eggs and milk.

It just doesn't make much sense to me, "I'm vegetarian but I eat certain types of meat."

You may as well just say, "I don't eat a lot of meat." I guess I'd prefer a word like Pescatarian (Only eat fish meat) for people that eat eggs and fish and such like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergirl79
I don't know why or how, but Luumia's skins appear to still work? Like the adults don't have that ugly mouth crease and their more detailed nipples are there for male and female bodies. That hair looks really nice on her (But it doesn't suit all sims I admit)




It's not meat. It's chicken period.


I just googled this - all my life I've been told it was baby chickens! How weird on how common of a misconception that is.
Scholar
#11 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa74ever
It just doesn't make much sense to me, "I'm vegetarian but I eat certain types of meat."

You may as well just say, "I don't eat a lot of meat." I guess I'd prefer a word like Pescatarian (Only eat fish meat) for people that eat eggs and fish and such like that.



I just googled this - all my life I've been told it was baby chickens! How weird on how common of a misconception that is.


Weird because there is no way they could ever become chickens. You're not eating aborted chickens or chickens that will never be born because they're too cold to hatch. Eggs available in grocery stores are NOT fertilized. So they can never develop into chickens. Chickens lay eggs every day without the presence of a rooster. It's super rare to find a fertilized egg in a batch of eggs, but I have heard of it happening.

Quote:
Eggs are not fertilized after being layed ( expelled) by the hen. ... Commercially produced eggs are unfertilized. It makes no sense to keep a rooster if you're not going to hatch the eggs. Some high-end egg producers sell fertilized eggs at trendy grocery stores because people believe they are healthier

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ If you think Sims 4 sims are exceptionally cartoony looking, don't blame your terrible designing skills on the game. :)
Scholar
#12 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergirl79
Weird because there is no way they could ever become chickens. You're not eating aborted chickens or chickens that will never be born because they're too cold to hatch. Eggs available in grocery stores are NOT fertilized. So they can never develop into chickens. Chickens lay eggs every day without the presence of a rooster. It's super rare to find a fertilized egg in a batch of eggs, but I have heard of it happening.


In other words: We are eating chicken's period, not future baby chicks.

Emino's Mobile Adventure http://riezforester.tumblr.com

Emino's Sims Simblr http://eminosims.tumblr.com/
*Now with The Sims 4!*
Inventor
#13 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:08 AM Last edited by Citysim : 7th Feb 2018 at 3:58 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman72
Update: 2/6/2018 - PC 1.39.74.1020 / Mac 1.39.74.1220



Night club text invites will now only occur between 8pm and 12am (Midnight).


I had missed that so much.

Next patch, will be 1.40 and it's sure to be a big one, and it's also sure to break a dozens mods along with it too.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 5:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman72
18 years? Weíre all adulty and mature now. Wonder if our grey is showing yet? If it is, Iím going back in to Create-a-Sim for some edits.



The Receptacle still lives!
Inventor
#15 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 7:35 AM
I only knew two definitions (translated though) :

- Vegetarian (plantstuff and certain animal products like dairy, but no meat, poultry of fish)
- Vegan (no animal products at all)

Also, has that random party outfit wearing been changed? Or do your sims still ignore whatever you set as party outfit for the appropiate situations? I can't find anything recent about this.
Scholar
#16 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 8:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
In other words: We are eating chicken's period, not future baby chicks.


Isn't that what I just said in a earlier post? It's chicken period? lol

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ If you think Sims 4 sims are exceptionally cartoony looking, don't blame your terrible designing skills on the game. :)
Smeg Head
#17 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 11:18 PM
Which came first, the vegan or the vegetarian?

The vegetarian... no... the chicken... no... the vegan... no... the egg... no... Doh, forget it.

All biological life stems from the unique, singular, single cell slime from a gazillion years ago. So what ever you eat or don't eat in this day and age, it's all still slime. Unless you become a slimatarian, where you just eat rocks and gold and diamonds and shit. Eat nothing that has a face. Hey, but some rock have faces!!! News Flash - Pareidolia has caused all slimatarians to starve to death.

Eat nothing but the sweet, sweet golden vomit of the bee. It's the only way to be sure.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#18 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:02 AM
In case you didn't know already there's a lot of drama blowing up right now about the botched skintones that were patched in yesterday. SimGuru Drake has also proven yet again that she doesn't know squat about how to handle public relations. Needless to say, more evidence proving the theory that she went to the same school of public relations as Grant. Maybe they learn how to be nasty as part of their training at EA. Who knows.

And as usual, a player has come to the rescue of us all by fixing up EA's skintone mess: Body Language - The Project SKIN Redux. I've been using their original Maxis skintone edits and their Temple skintones in my game, so I definitely recommend downloading these. With a good overlay or default replacement skin, their edits make the Maxis skintones look really good.
Instructor
#19 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparkison
In case you didn't know already there's a lot of drama blowing up right now about the botched skintones that were patched in yesterday. SimGuru Drake has also proven yet again that she doesn't know squat about how to handle public relations. Needless to say, more evidence proving the theory that she went to the same school of public relations as Grant. Maybe they learn how to be nasty as part of their training at EA. Who knows.

And as usual, a player has come to the rescue of us all by fixing up EA's skintone mess: Body Language - The Project SKIN Redux. I've been using their original Maxis skintone edits and their Temple skintones in my game, so I definitely recommend downloading these. With a good overlay or default replacement skin, their edits make the Maxis skintones look really good.


Yup, just finished reading that.
The best part was when Drake asked them to give photos and videos as examples instead of being big meany pants .
Are ya'll kidding me???? It's been 4 years and this has always been an issue. Was something stopping ya'll from looking up "photo's and videos" by yourselves?
They are all such whiny babies. No one was even being rude, there was no name calling no nothing. Just "I pay for this game, do better". It's like the Gurus have never been exposed to any sort of criticism in their life.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt, I thought the red patchy markings on the new skintones were the fault of my own mods. But THEY KNEW it was like that before patching. Did they use the bucket tool and NOT test them before they gave them to us?
I didn't even know that hair was supposed to be an afro, someone in the simsvip comments mentioned it would be good for Sleepwear as "bedhead" and thats what I thought it was for as well. Color me surprised!

Sometimes...things that are expensive...are worse.
Instructor
#20 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:21 AM
It just shows you better not do anything at all and when people complain, you just nod your head and say they will fix it if they can and then stop.
The second bit is how customer support works, if you have a complain they will say they are very sorry and then comply with company policy in relation to said grievances, if the customer gets a bit heated ... there is a reason why stores have security and not just for shoplifting.

I could say more but I am not going to go political ... let me say this, none of the light skintones are of my pale skintone but you dont see me complain about that.
Scholar
#21 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisskreuz
Yup, just finished reading that.
The best part was when Drake asked them to give photos and videos as examples instead of being big meany pants .
Are ya'll kidding me???? It's been 4 years and this has always been an issue. Was something stopping ya'll from looking up "photo's and videos" by yourselves?
They are all such whiny babies. No one was even being rude, there was no name calling no nothing. Just "I pay for this game, do better". It's like the Gurus have never been exposed to any sort of criticism in their life.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt, I thought the red patchy markings on the new skintones were the fault of my own mods. But THEY KNEW it was like that before patching. Did they use the bucket tool and NOT test them before they gave them to us?
I didn't even know that hair was supposed to be an afro, someone in the simsvip comments mentioned it would be good for Sleepwear as "bedhead" and thats what I thought it was for as well. Color me surprised!


It's embarrassing how they react to the things. I just think if I'd ever treated a customer like Drake does, I would have never been able to hold a job in retail. Retail and PR jobs have one big thing in common: knowing how to do damage control. Drake fails so badly when it comes to damage control. Neither her or that Jessica should have touched that bit about Sims 3. I wouldn't have gone there. That was just so bad. Seeing as Drake's been behaving this way for going on, what two years now - I don't see EA's upper management doing anything to her over this.

I like the new hair, and I assumed they weren't trying to recreate Eunice from Mama's family, but I'll refrain from dragging in hair politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakron
I could say more but I am not going to go political ... let me say this, none of the light skintones are of my pale skintone but you dont see me complain about that.


I know, tell me about it. I'd definitely have to use a custom skintone to recreate my own skin color if I was trying to make a Sim of myself. My skin is very, very bluish-pink pale with freckles.

I'm so pale that you'd never known my father was a Cherokee and that my mother is of Eastern European descent with darker skin. I'm a throwback to my dad's mother who I always thought Snow White was modeled after when I was little. She was very pale with nearly jet black hair. The only difference between her and me is that my hair is lighter and I have freckles.

Diversity runs a whole spectrum. But it is what it is. It's a shame everything devolves to politics these days.
Instructor
#22 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakron
It just shows you better not do anything at all and when people complain, you just nod your head and say they will fix it if they can and then stop.
The second bit is how customer support works, if you have a complain they will say they are very sorry and then comply with company policy in relation to said grievances, if the customer gets a bit heated ... there is a reason why stores have security and not just for shoplifting.

I could say more but I am not going to go political ... let me say this, none of the light skintones are of my pale skintone but you dont see me complain about that.


Is you not complaining about anything supposed to mean something?
I'm curious.

None of the vanilla tones in the game match mine. It's a game with a strong emphasis on character creation. It's worth talking about.

Sometimes...things that are expensive...are worse.
Scholar
#23 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisskreuz
Is you not complaining about anything supposed to mean something?
I'm curious.


I took it to mean the lighter side is underrepresented in skintones.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:50 AM
That was poorly handled. EA should find someone who's good at PR and put them in charge of social media, because those two made things worse. The players have a point. The updated skintones are strangely colored, and it's sad that it took so long for EA to try and improve on the brownish gray dark skin they shipped with the game. With google, and people of other races widely available, I'm not sure why they'd need to solicit examples of skin colors from the fans.
Instructor
#25 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparkison
I took it to mean the lighter side is underrepresented in skintones.


When stuff like this comes out (inside and out of the Sims) I always see people saying that {Game} doesn't have this really super pale shade but that they're "not complaining about it".
I really want to know what people want to accomplish with this...what are they truly saying, you know.

Sometimes...things that are expensive...are worse.
Page 1 of 4
Back to top