Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 77 (Who?), Viewed: 7212 times.
Page 3 of 4
#51 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:55 PM
Ball bit all over again? :D
Scholar
#52 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza
OMG, What is going on? what is going on with this game?! Is it just a mistake in sketching the skin, can lead to such a loud discussion? And why is mentioned Sims 3?


Read the article. I don't know why SimGuru Jessica brought up Sims 3 in a conversation about skintones. But she did. All hell was already breaking loose about Maxis screwing up the skintones they patched in and a member of the Maxis team throwing a dig at Sims 3 just made things worse.

SimGuru Jessica deleted her Twitter account, according to a comment on the article, because she was supposedly receiving threats. That was something that evidently Drake has said somewhere yesterday or today, but I can't find it.

ETA: It looks like there's some talk about the threats on Twitter if you look at Drake's feed. You can see people talking back and forth about the whole mess mixed in with a bunch of other stuff.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:25 AM
It's terrible that she was threatened. No one deserves that. However, if the tweets in the article are representative of her usual interactions with the fans, it's no big loss that she deleted her guru account.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:16 AM Last edited by lil bag2 : 9th Feb 2018 at 4:57 AM.
I wanna know what counts as a threat in their eyes. Because nowadays everyone feels threatened by anything. Does anyone know exactly what was said to her?

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#55 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
I wanna know what counts as a threat in their eyes? Because nowadays everyone feels threatened by anything. Does anyone know exactly what was said to her?


Not that I can tell. It's just Drake saying she was receiving threats. Who knows. There was an article I read a couple of weeks ago (I think a SimGuru actually tweeted about it) concerning game devs getting threats, so I suppose she could have. We'll never know now. If she did, that's beyond terrible. If this is just Drake's way of doing damage control, then I don't know what to think.
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
I wanna know what counts as a threat in their eyes? Because nowadays everyone feels threatened by anything. Does anyone know exactly what was said to her?
That is a good question, since these are the same people who basically argued that their work shouldn't be criticized because they tried really hard.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparkison
Not that I can tell. It's just Drake saying she was receiving threats. Who knows. There was an article I read a couple of weeks ago (I think a SimGuru actually tweeted about it) concerning game devs getting threats, so I suppose she could have. We'll never know now. If she did, that's beyond terrible. If this is just Drake's way of doing damage control, then I don't know what to think.


Yeah there's no excuse to threaten people who are just doing their jobs. But, in the same token, I've seen what Drake considers "Casting Aspersions" so I'm a little wary over the validity of these threats.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#58 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:36 AM
How could anyone take a dig at TS3 skin tones? There were literal millions of skin colors a Sims could be. Sad...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#59 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
Yeah there's no excuse to threaten people who are just doing their jobs. But, in the same token, I've seen what Drake considers "Casting Aspersions" so I'm a little wary over the validity of these threats.


It cracks me up how she used the phrase "casting aspersions" when she could have just said what she needed to in everyday terms. Kind of like how Grant used the word redact in his tweet recently and most people thought the word was a hint, because they didn't know what it meant. So, yea, Drake: I have a hard time believing anything she says or taking her seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
How could anyone take a dig at TS3 skin tones? There were literal millions of skin colors a Sims could be. Sad...


The dig was at all of Sims 3. Not just the skintones. It was bad. A great example of how not to best represent your employer when talking to the public.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 4:56 AM
It's not new though. After spending years acting like TS3's performance issues were nonexistent, they've suddenly decided to throw it under the bus (SEVERAL TIMES) to make the new game look good. They've been blaming TS3 for TS4's shallowness since before the damn game even launched.

While I'm at it, I'm still waiting for them to acknowledge "Olympus" and the claims from former employees about the TS4 team being mismanaged.

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#61 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 7:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
It's terrible that she was threatened. No one deserves that. However, if the tweets in the article are representative of her usual interactions with the fans, it's no big loss that she deleted her guru account.


Well thing is Gurus are Community Managers, they are payed to manage the community ... people act as if Community Managers have any pull, they dont as they arent in the development team and often arent even in the same building or city or state or even country as the development team.

This is why they should just apologize and acknowledge the issue and end the discussion right there, problem is thats Twitter were you are basically at the mercy of mobs so if people want to scream at you they can unless you block then but because those are Official Twitter Accounts (as in, those are accounts associated to their job and for their job) they cannot really start blocking when things get heated or protect the account (as in nobody can see your Tweets unless they are your followers) so things can really spiral out of control, welcome to current year social media (and why I dont use them).

Both parts are in the wrong, Gurus SHOULD know better because thats their JOB, they should not allow thing to escalate this far but on the other hand people should realize NEITHER of then can actually do anything, they can pass it to the development teams, that is the extent of what they can actually do.
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
9th Feb 2018 at 10:35 AM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic. Reason: nope
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
DELETED POST
9th Feb 2018 at 11:20 AM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic. Reason: nop
Scholar
#62 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:56 AM
I'm happy there are so many shades of tan to brown to black! But I'm sad there are so small amount of pale skins, like 3 only. We Nordics come in different tones of pale too
Scholar
DELETED POST
9th Feb 2018 at 12:45 PM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic.
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakron
Well thing is Gurus are Community Managers, they are payed to manage the community ... people act as if Community Managers have any pull, they dont as they arent in the development team and often arent even in the same building or city or state or even country as the development team.

This is why they should just apologize and acknowledge the issue and end the discussion right there, problem is thats Twitter were you are basically at the mercy of mobs so if people want to scream at you they can unless you block then but because those are Official Twitter Accounts (as in, those are accounts associated to their job and for their job) they cannot really start blocking when things get heated or protect the account (as in nobody can see your Tweets unless they are your followers) so things can really spiral out of control, welcome to current year social media (and why I dont use them).

Both parts are in the wrong, Gurus SHOULD know better because thats their JOB, they should not allow thing to escalate this far but on the other hand people should realize NEITHER of then can actually do anything, they can pass it to the development teams, that is the extent of what they can actually do.
This isn't something that's limited to current social media. People have been taking out their frustration on customer service for decades because they're the face of the company. I also don't think most people expect them to personally open Photoshop and fix the skins. They're mad at EA and are railing at EA accounts, not really the person running it.

In addition, EA muddied the waters by calling both the Devs and outreach gurus. It's not like someone venting to a cashier, where it's obvious that they have no influence. They also aren't really at the mercy of a mob since they have the option of muting, or just not engaging with people who just want to air their grievances. None of this means it's okay to heap abuse on people, but I place a larger share of the blame on the employees for this mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffyAmi
I'm happy there are so many shades of tan to brown to black! But I'm sad there are so small amount of pale skins, like 3 only. We Nordics come in different tones of pale too
That might be a blessing in disguise considering the quality of the darker skins they provided. I don't know how they let some of those things into the game with their obvious flaws.
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
9th Feb 2018 at 5:52 PM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic.
Instructor
DELETED POST
9th Feb 2018 at 6:13 PM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 6:17 PM
It does not matter that the paler skin tones were already fine. It matters that someone else was given something and they weren’t.

Even though there are always more lighter than darker skin tones. Even though they still have it to use themselves for their own Sims. Even though there are more important issues to worry about in the game than skins.

The logic at display here... no wonder our cherubs are eating bleach, they’ve lost all sense...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#65 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 6:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
The logic at display here... no wonder our cherubs are eating bleach, they’ve lost all sense...



*in nerd voice*
Ummm actually. Tide pods are detergent. Not bleach.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#66 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 7:09 PM
Redirecting Shade 101:

Either way, both tell you not to ingest it on the packaging. Yes, I made a mistake, but I’m still smarter than someone.

#playsTheSkipUnoCard

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#67 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 7:20 PM
Now you got me wishing the laundry stuff pack included an option for sims to eat tide pods

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
9th Feb 2018 at 7:52 PM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic.
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
9th Feb 2018 at 8:44 PM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic.
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
9th Feb 2018 at 10:17 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 10th Feb 2018 at 8:50 PM. Reason: too far
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic. Reason: way off topic
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
10th Feb 2018 at 12:24 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 10th Feb 2018 at 8:51 PM.
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic. Reason: way off topic
Forum Resident
DELETED POST
10th Feb 2018 at 4:09 AM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 10th Feb 2018 at 4:34 AM.
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic. Reason: way off topic
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
10th Feb 2018 at 5:21 AM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic. Reason: way off topic
Mad Poster
#68 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 5:31 AM
So how bout that 18th Anniversary, y'all

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
10th Feb 2018 at 6:04 PM Last edited by Unsearchably : 10th Feb 2018 at 6:17 PM.
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic. Reason: way off topic
dodgy builder
#69 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:58 PM
Bloody hell, what a ton of potentially offensive lyrics. I clearly wasn't the only one itching for the report button.
dodgy builder
#71 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 9:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
So how bout that 18th Anniversary, y'all


I had something in my mail, but I didn't understand what the point was, and wasn't interested enough to look it up. Did i miss anything?

Why do they celebrate 18 years? What about 20 years, or what about last year?
Forum Resident
#72 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 9:19 PM
That took long enough, Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
I had something in my mail, but I didn't understand what the point was, and wasn't interested enough to look it up. Did i miss anything?

Why do they celebrate 18 years? What about 20 years, or what about last year?


I was thinking because it was just funny to joke that the series is now of legal age.
If there’s some other meaning I’m...not seeing it since 20 years isn’t even that far away.

FOR THE HORDE
#73 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 9:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
So how bout that 18th Anniversary, y'all

Eh.

18th is overhype for a milestone number that doesn't have a '0 in the end and starting with number 1/5. I mean, I would be wow'ed at 50ieth or 100th birthday. 18? Meh.... or you can call me pessimistic /party-pooper, so fair enough I guess. Although now that I know what presents they provide for even an overhyped anniversary that has reached a random milestone, I probably wouldn't even be surprised If they provided at the 50th birthday of the sims something that has a value that would equivalent (or maybe literally patching in a virtual item such as ) a plain decorative pet rock for us to enjoy because we "own them" and they know we certainly would "be flattered" for receiving such a gif..

TL;DR point taken: 18th is no different from 17th/16th/13th or the upcoming 19th anniversary because that milestone for celebration is so random. Things they offered (the content) in this birthday patch are alright I guess. Though Drake-the-disaster had brighten my date with their drama they lighten up which could have easily avoided it by not talking back
Instructor
#74 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
People have been taking out their frustration on customer service for decades because they're the face of the company.


I think there is a bit of difference of what was decades ago and now, in the past you contact then personally or used the telephone and thus you had contact with the person but today its mostly email or social media that is also very impersonal, over the years people became more and more ... "aggressive" because 1. they arent dealing in person and 2. because they arent dealing in person they dont get a fist to the face when they get out of line.

I think I said one of the reasons why stores have security is not just theft but also dealing with abusive customers, people can scream and shout about something but when they are in contact with a actual human being, they became far more civil when dealing with that person that continue screaming and shouting.

You could say mail is also written only but Twitter and similar social media are just open doors, you cannot filter someone right at the door as you could with mail, people are becoming more and more aggressive because they have less and less contact with other people, most things are done without even seeing someone else face and less and less hearing someone voice.
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 10:59 PM
I don't want to continue the hijack after the instructions, but I wanted to say that you have a good point about some people being more aggressive online than they are in person.
Page 3 of 4
Back to top