Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Sims 2 Categorizer...
I own The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and recently discovered a program that helps me in custom content control (cc) of my game.
I use Sims2PackCleaner and DowloadOrganiser to view CC, however when I refer to removal cc, these programs are not useful.

So I've seen that the "The Sims 2 Categorizer" program is a great way to remove custom content from the game as it shows the whole file and is much simpler than the other two I mentioned.
However, I try to install it on my computer, and I get the following error message:

Sims 2 Categorizer - Version 1.01.11

Error: 76
Path not found

Module: modSimsPackage
Procedure: gsOpenPackageFile

Install Path: C: \ Users \ augus \ Documents \ EA Games \ The Sims ™ 2 Ultimate Collection \ Downloads
Data Path: C: \ Users \ augus \ Documents
Sims Path: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Origin Games \ The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection \ Double Deluxe \ Base

Additional Error Data:
Filename = C: \ Users \ augus \ Documents \ EA Games \ The Sims 2 \ Thumbnails \ ObjectThumbnails.package

I tried to put it in another directory, however the problem persists, what should I do?

I currently have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection installed on Windows 10 Version 1709.

I downloaded "The Sims 2 Categorizer" at the following link:

http://simfileshare.net/folder/15672/ under "Programs". "Sims2Cat", I tried the two versions available and still the error persists.

Thank you immensely for being able to help me.

Thank you!

Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:23 AM
I was never designed to work with the UC and I would guess that's the issue. One possible way round it is to temporarily put your Downloads folder in the place it expects to see it:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

I just reinstalled it, but I have the disk version of the game and it's working just fine.

Also, this is a help thread so I moved it to Help.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#3 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:28 AM
I was just looking for something like this, too, and maybe this would also help the OP, so I don't think this is hijacking.... Is there an alternative to this utility for UC? Like the OP, I want to remove things that aren't necessary. I'm particularly hoping for one that will tell me if the CC is used in the game or not. In other words, I'd like to delete things that aren't in use, but, of course, don't really remember over time if I've used something or not.

If this isn't on target, please forgive the question.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:12 AM
UC or not, I don't think there is a program that tell you what CC is in use. This will remain your job, to find out.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:15 AM
did not understand very well, I should put my dowload folder in this directory: "C: \ Users \ YourName \ Documents \ EA Games \ The Sims 2 \ Downloads" and run the sims 2 categorizer inside it?

Another question: Does The Sims 2 Categorizer files last updated in 2008, does it interfere with the running of the program?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:15 AM
I have the UC and found a way to get The Sims 2 categorizer to work. Reason it gives you the error is because the cache files are not where the program looks by default.

Create a new folder and name it "The Sims 2" (without quotation marks) and copy your "thumbnails" folder from UC and place it in the new folder. Then cut and paste the new folder you named The Sims 2 into the same location where your UC folder is located. Create another new folder within the new Sims 2 folder and name it "Downloads". This folder can be empty.

Then launch the Categorizer and choose 'alternate path' location and select where your CC content is. Voila!

*Note: You don't need to copy all your downloads to the new folder. Just the thumbnails and cache files.

The way mine is setup, inside the Sims 2 folder that I created for the Categorizer, I have a "Downloads" folder which has two files in it- the CEP (enable color options) file and the censor file. Then I have a "Thumbnails" folder which has all the cache files from the original. I also have the accessory.cache as well as the groups.cache but I don't know if those are needed. I just know it worked for me so I didn't toy with it.
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 7:14 PM
I just rename my "The Simsâ„¢ 2 Ultimate Collection" folder to "The Sims 2" to run the program, then change the name back before I launch the game.
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 1:38 PM
Gwynne I just came across this post and your response solved my problem in using the SimCat with my Ultimate Collection game run! Thank you
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Sep 2023 at 6:17 AM
Hi All

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am looking for a link to Sim Wardobe/Palladin Palace's Sim2Categorizer. I got sent down the rabbit hole and have two broken application links to the program. Many thanks in advance
Mad Poster
#10 Old 8th Sep 2023 at 6:24 AM
Look in my signature. And next time, WCIF section.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives