Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Holidays

by piqiwi Posted 24th Feb 2018 at 1:25 AM - Updated 25th Apr 2018 at 5:20 PM by piqiwi

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:21 AM
Default Steps if you got blank popup, notification, dialog box or message
Blank popup, notification, dialog box or message is sign of STR# conflict. This conflict cannot be detected by HCDU since HCDU v2 only detects conflict in BHAV, BCON, TTAB and TTAs.
  1. Try to renaming this mod by adding "zzz" in front of its original filename, or try to put only this mod in sims 2 downloads folder and see if there is still blank popup, notification, dialog box or message
  2. If notification become available and no popup, notification, dialog box or message, then there is STR# conflict with other mod. You can try to solve the problem by following these steps here
  3. If notification is still blank , then there is localization problem. You can try to localize the string list by following these steps here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:23 AM
Default Steps for String Text Localization (Translation or Blank Popup message Fixed)
Try to follow these steps for localizing the string text into your game region :
  1. Open "pqw_holidays.package" using SimPE and backup your game region string list as shown in picture number 8 into txt file (as example is the game region is English (UK) in the picture)
  2. Change the language dropdown list into "English" (in the very top of the string list, that is the mod's region. Export the stringlist into txt file, give different filename than your backup one, as shown in picture number 8
  3. Change again the dropdown into your region locale and import the txt file that you've just exported (the "English" one), as shown in picture number 8
  4. You can translate to your language first if you want by changing the "english" txt file into your region language if you desire, before importing back to your region locale. Beware that other game default text string in the string list also will be change into US english if you do not translate it first. You can refer to your backup text file for translation.
  5. It is very recomended that all my mods (usually with "pqw_" in the beginning in filename) are have default load order. This means if you rename by adding "z_" to one of my mods, then you also have to rename my others mod by adding "z_". For inTeen user you should put "zzzz_" in all my mods. All plugins packages must be loaded after the main ones.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:24 AM Last edited by piqiwi : 24th Feb 2018 at 2:30 PM.
Default Steps for STR# mod conflict
Try to follow these steps if you found STR# mod conflict, that other mod configure the same STR# resource with this mod :
  1. Find the mod that conflicts with this mod. You can put the other mods one by one along this mod to determine which mod that conflict with this mod. Remember that HCDU cannot detect STR# conflict.
  2. Open "pqw_holidays.package" using SimPE, then open "Dialog prim string set" in STR# resources
  3. Copy paste line 0x001 (11) until 0x00B (11), if any, from conflicting mod into corresponding lines of [Text List] in "pqw_holidays.package" STR# resources. Only lines from 0x001 (01) to 0x00B (11) that are can be changed with string value from other mod.
  4. Commit and save
  5. Make sure that "pqw_holidays.package" and this mod's other plugins if any are loaded after the conflicting mod. You can add "z_" or "zz_" if you want to.
  6. It is very recomended that all my mods (usually with "pqw_" in the beginning in filename) are have default load order. This means if you rename by adding "z_" to one of my mods, then you also have to rename my others mod by adding "z_". For inTeen user you should put "zzzz_" in all my mods. All plugins packages must be loaded after the main ones.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:28 AM
Default Steps if You Experience Unusual Behaviour
  1. Make sure that you have the latest version of this mod. You can check the latest version in the desciption tab of this mod
  2. Check using HCDU for possible conflict
  3. Please note, not all conflict can be detected by HDCU. Sometimes conflict happens even without function override, if the mod use higher level function that also excecute the function that this mod use.
  4. Usually this kind of conflict still persists even when you change the load order (e.g by renaming the mod by adding "z_" in front of the filename).
  5. If HCDU cannot detect any conflict, and the problem is not text (STR#) problem, then try to remove other possible mods (or may be all other mods) but this mod, and try to run the game again and see if the problem persists.
  6. If the problem persists, then try to report back to me to be investigated.
  7. If the problem does not occured, then there is conflict with one or more of other mods you've installed. There is no easy way to determine which mod that conflict with this mod if HCDU cannot detect it. You can try one by one put the other mods along with my mod and see if the problem occured.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:33 AM
Thanks for all your work. This looks really great.
But I have a few questions before I customize this for my game.
When month 2 is winter and has a new year holiday but then i change the seasons in game and month 2 becomes spring. Will new year then be in spring? I should guess yes...
Also in my game a season lasts 3 days. Does that just mean that i have to change when the holidays occurs even if I dont want to change anything about mod how it is now? I guess the game will be confused when it doesnt find day 5 of a season.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:42 AM Last edited by piqiwi : 24th Feb 2018 at 8:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Thanks for all your work. This looks really great.
But I have a few questions before I customize this for my game.
When month 2 is winter and has a new year holiday but then i change the seasons in game and month 2 becomes spring. Will new year then be in spring? I should guess yes...
Also in my game a season lasts 3 days. Does that just mean that i have to change when the holidays occurs even if I dont want to change anything about mod how it is now? I guess the game will be confused when it doesnt find day 5 of a season.

Hi, For the first question, the answer is yes. Because it is not based on seasons, but based on quadrant.
And for the second question, it is ok if you do not change the mod while you have 3 days season. The mod will still work as it is, you just won't have the holidays that occured on day 4 or day 5 since the mod will ignore them.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by piqiwi
Hi, For the first question, the answer is yes. Because it is not based on seasons, but based on quadrant.
And for the second question, it is ok if you do not change the mod while you have 3 days season. The mod will still work as it is, you just won't have the holidays that occured on day 4 or day 5 since the mod will ignore them.

Oke, thank you for the quick and clear reply.
Now I understand a bit better how the mod works and how I can customize it for my game.
Thank you and I hope you come up with more fun ideas like you do lately.
P.S.: I thought it was finally time to add you as a favourite creator
As I really hope you have more in store.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Oke, thank you for the quick and clear reply.
Now I understand a bit better how the mod works and how I can customize it for my game.
Thank you and I hope you come up with more fun ideas like you do lately.
P.S.: I thought it was finally time to add you as a favourite creator
As I really hope you have more in store.

Thank you very much, really appreciate your support
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 10:54 AM
Thank you so much! Your creations are adding whole new layers to our games. I also hope to see more from you in the future!
Instructor
#11 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:41 PM Last edited by monijt1 : 25th Feb 2018 at 4:00 AM.
Thank you so much for this. I asked for a mod like this a few months ago in the discussion forum. This is exactly the kind of holiday mod I wanted.

I'm going to play around with this in my test hood, then I will leave a review. Thanks again.

EDIT: For some reason, I can't get this to work. I don't get any notifications, and my sims still go to school/work. I also have Inteen, but I made sure that Holiday was loaded after it. I ran the Hack Conflict Detection Utility and found nothing. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I'm going to try it again tomorrow, when I'm not so tired.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 8:04 AM Last edited by piqiwi : 25th Feb 2018 at 8:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Thank you so much for this. I asked for a mod like this a few months ago in the discussion forum. This is exactly the kind of holiday mod I wanted.

I'm going to play around with this in my test hood, then I will leave a review. Thanks again.

EDIT: For some reason, I can't get this to work. I don't get any notifications, and my sims still go to school/work. I also have Inteen, but I made sure that Holiday was loaded after it. I ran the Hack Conflict Detection Utility and found nothing. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I'm going to try it again tomorrow, when I'm not so tired.

No, That was purely my mistake. I forget to change 1 line of coding, thus cause error I'll fixed it ASAP. The feature for adding partial paid-day off and fixed bonus to family fund I add in the last minutes without further testing, but it cause bugs because I forget to change 1 parameter. Thank you very much for your report.

(UPDATE) I have fixed the bug. Very very sorry. Please re download
Instructor
#13 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:24 PM
No, That was purely my mistake. I forget to change 1 line of coding, thus cause error I'll fixed it ASAP. The feature for adding partial paid-day off and fixed bonus to family fund I add in the last minutes without further testing, but it cause bugs because I forget to change 1 parameter. Thank you very much for your report.

(UPDATE) I have fixed the bug. Very very sorry. Please re download

Ok, I installed the updated files, and started my test hood. It worked this time around.

For New Years day (Month 1, day 1), I set my sims to have off from work and school. I received the notification, the carpool didn't show up, and my working sims got paid. Sweet!!

However, for Fall Break (Month 1, days 3,4,5), I set up for my sims to only have off from school. The school bus didn't come, but neither did the carpool for my working sims. I checked the Setting file to see if "Work off? = 1", and it was. So for 3 days straight, everyone stayed home.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:06 PM Last edited by piqiwi : 25th Feb 2018 at 6:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Ok, I installed the updated files, and started my test hood. It worked this time around.

For New Years day (Month 1, day 1), I set my sims to have off from work and school. I received the notification, the carpool didn't show up, and my working sims got paid. Sweet!!

However, for Fall Break (Month 1, days 3,4,5), I set up for my sims to only have off from school. The school bus didn't come, but neither did the carpool for my working sims. I checked the Setting file to see if "Work off? = 1", and it was. So for 3 days straight, everyone stayed home.

OK, let me check

(UPDATE) I have reupload the fix version. please redownload and retest again. BTW, thanks for the report, really appreciate it.
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:03 PM
First, massive thank You for letting us play with your toys, I'm sure it's not only my "wet" dreams thet you're fulfilling right now.

Second, is it possible to dedicate a holiday to only one 'hood (like Pleasantview for example)?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:02 AM
Thank you, Piqiwi, for this wonderful mod! I always felt like holidays were lacking in Sims 2, despite there being decorations available. I really hope this mod of yours will give rise to additional holiday oriented mods for Sims 2. Because I would just love to have my TS2 sims go trick-or-treating, do pumpkin carving, or even go egg hunting.

Again, thank you for doing this mod. :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:10 AM Last edited by piqiwi : 26th Feb 2018 at 1:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kosti
First, massive thank You for letting us play with your toys, I'm sure it's not only my "wet" dreams thet you're fulfilling right now.

Second, is it possible to dedicate a holiday to only one 'hood (like Pleasantview for example)?

Yes, you can put the neighborhood's UID ID (added with 10) to world settings, such as Pleasantview has UID 1, so you enter 11 in world setting of the holiday you make. Or Veronaville has UID 3, so you enter 13, or riverblossom hills has UID 5, s you enter 15. In this way, the holiday will only dedicated to one particular nhood. the UID of neighborhood is shown on pic 6
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jereponibus
Thank you, Piqiwi, for this wonderful mod! I always felt like holidays were lacking in Sims 2, despite there being decorations available. I really hope this mod of yours will give rise to additional holiday oriented mods for Sims 2. Because I would just love to have my TS2 sims go trick-or-treating, do pumpkin carving, or even go egg hunting.

Again, thank you for doing this mod.

Thank you for your support.
And btw, there is pumpkin carving mod outthere, it is awesome. You can get it on http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...?p=82193#p82193
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 3:46 PM
I love the mods that you're making! I'm so happy someone is still working on TS2

Do you think you could make a mod that allows step family to be recognized in the family tree? Like step siblings, in laws etc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GoBananas
I love the mods that you're making! I'm so happy someone is still working on TS2

Do you think you could make a mod that allows step family to be recognized in the family tree? Like step siblings, in laws etc

Hi, I am sorry I think with my current skill I cannot make a mod like that since family tree is hardcoded in LUA script, not common SimANtics, and I cannot do LUA.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 2:48 AM
I just want to say thank you so damn much because with your mods (ALL OF THEM) Sims 2 now is a whole new game, really you just improved all those little things missing in S2!
Also btw, your add-on for edit the seasons duration didn't work for me for some reason, but with another one that's here on MTS yes, weird issue but that's all, none of your mods give me troubles!
Scholar
#22 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 3:53 AM
Is there any chance you could make flavours starting at different seasons? Not everyone starts at the same time (I think my "month 1" would be your "month 4"), and the explanation for how to change them is hard to follow...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
Is there any chance you could make flavours starting at different seasons? Not everyone starts at the same time (I think my "month 1" would be your "month 4"), and the explanation for how to change them is hard to follow...

You can change the seasons order from neighboorhood view. You can also make all 4 seasons are winters or summers for instance. Just click the seasons button in top of neighborhood view. That's a good thing of seasons in Sims 2, you can easily customize what seasons do you want and in what order.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 3:40 AM Last edited by dnrosenrot : 5th Mar 2018 at 9:08 AM. Reason: Update
Thank you so much for all your mods. I love my TS2 more than anything now, lol. Now, I just got to figure how to make this work (I have way too many mods, organized, but way too many anyways).

UPDATE: following the directions for the load order, works perfectly for me! Brilliant.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:12 AM
Thank you for your support.
And btw, there is pumpkin carving mod outthere, it is awesome. You can get it on http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...?p=82193#p82193

Thank you for sharing that link, Piqiwi! You're more awesome than I thought! And it's been a couple or so years since I've been to that site, so it's like a trip down memory lane.
Page 1 of 2