Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

My Granny's House ~ A RL Retirement Home from Simtral Florida

by CatherineTCJD Posted 3rd Mar 2018 at 7:23 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2018 at 5:14 PM by CatherineTCJD

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:01 PM
What a very sweet and wonderful way to honor your family!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 12:06 AM
Ah, Florida living at it's best! Yuk! Nicely done, though, down to the 'mold' in the bathroom. It comes from the oppressive humidity here. I'm a NY transplant, and cannot wait to get out of here!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 12:35 AM
I like your Granny's Florida retirement home. The color scheme in the kitchen and the deco concrete block wall scream mid century modern.... Great Job!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tbucknor
...and cannot wait to get out of here!

LOL! The family story is that my parents dragged me all the way across America - kicking and screaming the whole way - when we moved down here in 1974 (from Seattle, WA.)
I hated it for many years too. But then, as I got older - and spent several years living in Kentucky (which is a beautiful state, with glorious ice-storms in the winter - glorious unless you're a tree!) - I realized Florida is home.

We had the chance a few years ago to move anywhere we wanted; and we seriously thought about both Scotland or Seattle... but ultimately decided we liked it here best.

Good luck to you!

And thanks, Debra and Sonja, for commenting!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 8:18 PM
What a lovely, little house! The kitchen is so cute!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 1:04 AM
That kitchen is too crazy for my real-life tastes (cannot imagine trying to cook there, lol), but I love it in the sims!! I love it when people recreate really specific places, especially ones that they've known or lived in. Lovely work!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 6:06 PM
It's very cute. Note for further downloads of this house: you'll have to delete the kitchen counter on which there is the diagonal sink and replace it again, yourself, and place the sink on it *before* replacing the counter where it first belonged. At first, the sink appeared clunky.
Good job, Cath'! We feel the Floridian air! Thank you! I have a couple for whom the house will fit nicely! These Sims love the American way of tropics! :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 6:35 PM
@poisson - Really? The 'Around and Through' blocks effect doesn't convey with a fresh install of this lot? I thought it would! Hmmm, that's disappointing. I placed it in several hoods and it worked fine - but that was all within my game. Thank you for reporting back, and I'm glad you have sims who'll enjoy my Granny's house

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths