Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Exchange Gift

by piqiwi Posted 4th Mar 2018 at 1:07 PM - Updated 30th Mar 2018 at 5:58 PM by piqiwi

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:47 PM
Another amazing mod as usual thank you so much!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 1:15 AM
I love the direction in which your mods are going, Piqiwi! Do keep up the fantastic work! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:05 AM
Seriously, your mods never stop to amaze me, it does wonders to the game! Loving it. P.s: I'll test if everythings goes ok. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 2:48 PM
Man, I could kiss you xD
Your mods are giving my Sims 2 game a new life completely, you are literally fixing all those little details that S2 was missing!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:39 PM
Yet another reason why you are on my favorite creators list. I love random stuff and surprises (in game, not so much IRL).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:41 PM
So glad to know cool mods like this are still being made for the game. I installed a lot of your other mods as well.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:27 PM
I love this! I can't wait to see what else you come up with.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 8:09 PM
Is it at all possible to make it so you can pick an object from the other sim's inventory if they're not in the active family? Would be useful for economic system setups where resources would be exchanged
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sofiaaasman
Is it at all possible to make it so you can pick an object from the other sim's inventory if they're not in the active family? Would be useful for economic system setups where resources would be exchanged

Yes, it is possible. I have uploaded the flavour that you asked, "pqw_exchange_gift_B.package".
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 11:42 PM
You have so much great ideas ! How can you even upload once every two days ? You're not human ... you're more than that ... for my greatest pleasure !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 1:52 AM
I really missed this one!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 10:00 AM
This is a great concept; I am looking forward to using it once I have my game up and running again. I have one question: is it possible for more than one item to be selected? This would really help my active gardener sims (with their bushels of lemons and oranges) both when giving and exchanging gifts.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by croiduire
This is a great concept; I am looking forward to using it once I have my game up and running again. I have one question: is it possible for more than one item to be selected? This would really help my active gardener sims (with their bushels of lemons and oranges) both when giving and exchanging gifts.

Because this mod uses game's "give gift" dialog box, I think there is no way we can select more than one item for the moment, because the "give gift" popup is hard coded within the game.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:17 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 6:32 PM
Thanks for the great mod! It's awesome just like your other ones ^^
One question, though: does it work if the giver is a teenager?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Innely
Thanks for the great mod! It's awesome just like your other ones ^^
One question, though: does it work if the giver is a teenager?

Yes. This mod works for children or older
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by piqiwi
Yes. This mod works for children or older

Thanks ^^
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:44 AM
I've found a funny bug in the mod. If the controlpets cheat is on, a adult (and presumably elder) pet has the option to 'exchange gift.' It causes the pet to reset instantly when selected. I'm guessing this just wasn't accounted for. Great mod, still!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I've found a funny bug in the mod. If the controlpets cheat is on, a adult (and presumably elder) pet has the option to 'exchange gift.' It causes the pet to reset instantly when selected. I'm guessing this just wasn't accounted for. Great mod, still!

Thank you very much for reporting this bug. I have uploaded the newest version that you can redownload and try.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 7:11 AM
I installed the updated hack and it works fine.

New bug report, though! "Exchange Gift" appears when you click on a ghost. Although I thought it'd be kind of neat to do it for story reasons, it just drops from the queue after a while or makes the ghost self-delete. So you might want to remove that.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I installed the updated hack and it works fine.

New bug report, though! "Exchange Gift" appears when you click on a ghost. Although I thought it'd be kind of neat to do it for story reasons, it just drops from the queue after a while or makes the ghost self-delete. So you might want to remove that.

Hi, I've fixed that. please redownload. sorry for my late response
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th May 2018 at 5:12 AM
thank ! i noticed your UI its looks nice did you change it?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 12:15 AM
Nice, thank you! ^^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 9:08 PM
Awesome!
Page 1 of 2