Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cubic's Education Career (UPDATED for Get Famous (v1.48.94.1020))

by CubicPoison Posted 21st Mar 2018 at 6:49 PM - Updated 19th Jan 2019 at 12:00 AM by CubicPoison : Updated to Get Famous patch

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 9:17 PM
there was 2 versions of that career made already I'm bit confused... but nice you did it anyway
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DreadfulButterfly
there was 2 versions of that career made already I'm bit confused... but nice you did it anyway

Same. I know of 2 Education careers on MTS already, this is now the 3rd. There's also a Teaching career.

But I mean, to each his own I suppose...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 12:50 AM
Thank you for making this, I also know of the others and have them but haven't tried any yet. I will try all of them out was wondering any they conflict with each other or not was thinking of having 3 sims at once doing each mod to compare.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:24 PM
Quote:

I have really noticed this type of thing the past few months. For all the years I've been playing sims and using mods, I have understood that there was some sort of unwritten rule/courtesy among cc creators and modders to avoid making something that someone else had already done unless granted express permission, or if the creator had disappeared from the community for a certain period of time. That no longer seems to be the case as I am beginning to see duplicates popping up left and right, particularly with these career mods. I am curious as to how the modding community feels about that.

That being said, some versions are better than others, so it is nice for the players to have variety to test.

Also, I will say it was decent of the OP to add this part, which at least acknowledges Neia's mod: "Also a note: I know of Neia's Education Career mod, but I wanted to make my own career with different progression and career levels. If you think it's too similar, Neia, then I'd be happy to take it down as it was made with your tool after all."
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 8:34 PM
I was hoping this would work better than the other two. My main question is will it conflict with the University careers or the Get to school mod?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 8:54 PM
Although there are other teaching career mods, I like these career paths better. Thank you!

You can never have too much yarn, fabric, or books.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunamist2
I was hoping this would work better than the other two. My main question is will it conflict with the University careers or the Get to school mod?

I haven't tested it but I don't think they should conflict as it is just a rabbit hole career. It might if the career has the same name, but otherwise I don't think they should.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SamIAm2
I have really noticed this type of thing the past few months. For all the years I've been playing sims and using mods, I have understood that there was some sort of unwritten rule/courtesy among cc creators and modders to avoid making something that someone else had already done unless granted express permission, or if the creator had disappeared from the community for a certain period of time. That no longer seems to be the case as I am beginning to see duplicates popping up left and right, particularly with these career mods. I am curious as to how the modding community feels about that.

That being said, some versions are better than others, so it is nice for the players to have variety to test.

Also, I will say it was decent of the OP to add this part, which at least acknowledges Neia's mod: "Also a note: I know of Neia's Education Career mod, but I wanted to make my own career with different progression and career levels. If you think it's too similar, Neia, then I'd be happy to take it down as it was made with your tool after all."

I absolutely agree it's great you did your version if you felt like doing it and it gave you joy
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:46 PM
I got a last exception using MCCC with this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 3:01 PM
What's the careers.promote for it?
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 7:14 PM
Hey, I'm interested in translating it to BR Portuguese
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th May 2018 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slstefanic

I'm also getting one... =/
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 12:22 AM
I'm getting a last exception report as well... here is the text:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>1c765e14aafc7efa5b21a58d</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-06-13 16:16:43</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.43.14.1020-1.200.000.339.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>custom_import.py:108</categoryid><desyncid>1c765e14aafc7efa5b21a58d</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> Failure: 'Cubicpoison_Careers_Education.cpython-35' (Cubicpoison_Careers_Education.cpython-35) (ImportError: No module named 'Cubicpoison_Careers_Education.cpython-35'; Cubicpoison_Careers_Education is not a package) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 118, in import_modules_by_path File "&lt;frozen importlib._bootstrap&gt;", line 1520, in _find_and_load_unlocked AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__path__' During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 115, in import_modules_by_path File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import ImportError: No module named 'Cubicpoison_Careers_Education.cpython-35'; Cubicpoison_Careers_Education is not a package </desyncdata></report>
</root>

You can never have too much yarn, fabric, or books.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 5:16 PM
so this is not working with seasons?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:19 PM
does it still work with the new seasons update??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 7:21 AM
This mod is not working properly with Seasons anymore, as it does not show the career window in game. I love this mod and have been using it for quite a while, and it would be amazing if it could be updated? Thank you so much for the mod so far!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 6:15 PM
please update, it doesn't work
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 12:49 AM Last edited by SimShane1234 : 17th Nov 2018 at 2:32 AM. Reason: wrong game
Will this be updated for the Get Famous patch?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by floralacnl
What's the careers.promote for it?

It should be "careers.promote Education"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slstefanic

Hey, I've just updated this for Get Famous which should fix your issue.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Giakou
I'm also getting one... =/

Hey, I've just updated this for Get Famous which should fix this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starrling
I'm getting a last exception report as well... here is the text:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>1c765e14aafc7efa5b21a58d</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-06-13 16:16:43</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.43.14.1020-1.200.000.339.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>custom_import.py:108</categoryid><desyncid>1c765e14aafc7efa5b21a58d</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> Failure: 'Cubicpoison_Careers_Education.cpython-35' (Cubicpoison_Careers_Education.cpython-35) (ImportError: No module named 'Cubicpoison_Careers_Education.cpython-35'; Cubicpoison_Careers_Education is not a package)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 118, in import_modules_by_path
File "&lt;frozen importlib._bootstrap&gt;", line 1520, in _find_and_load_unlocked
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__path__'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 115, in import_modules_by_path
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import
ImportError: No module named 'Cubicpoison_Careers_Education.cpython-35'; Cubicpoison_Careers_Education is not a package
</desyncdata></report>
</root>

I've just updated this for Get Famous which should fix the last exception error.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YumiKoyuki
This mod is not working properly with Seasons anymore, as it does not show the career window in game. I love this mod and have been using it for quite a while, and it would be amazing if it could be updated? Thank you so much for the mod so far!

I've just updated it if you're still interested. Sorry I took so long.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arhanghel
so this is not working with seasons?

It's been updated to work with the latest patch.
Page 1 of 2