Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:41 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:48 PM.
Default Tips on using Pescado's thefightclub and zombieapoc [Solved]
I've got a neighborhood all ready to turn into a zombie apocalypse and I've got a zombie dragging about hungry with these mods in, but no attacks at all. I've manipulated his motives so he's really hungry which is supposedly advertised for, but nothing. He just greets people politely and once sat down to hot dogs at the community grill, so I got rid of food sources except for all the tasty sim brains. I think maybe sims have to know those they will attack and he keeps getting a Greet menu, so I made him mutual enemies with everyone on the very busy community lot... still nothing. I have had a couple fights break out (which I NEVER have) among other sims, so I think thefightclub is doing something, and the menu for eating brains is there for him, just nothing autonomous from the zombie. It's not much of an apocalypse if I have to go around telling him who to attack. Worse, I'm starting to feel really bad for him, because now he's just a hungry guy with a limp.

Any tips?

[Edit: Scroll to post #20 for a list of what ultimately worked quite well.]
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:45 AM
What's his personality? If he's nice he might not like fighting.

Cyjon has a few mods to complement zombies, if you're interested:
http://cyjon.net/node/56
http://cyjon.net/node/305
http://cyjon.net/node/119

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
What's his personality? If he's nice he might not like fighting.

I'll check those out, thank you. He wasn't very nice, a 3, but I maxed his grouchiness. I think he's more likely to get attacked now because most of the town is his enemy. I'm not sure I'm enjoying this at this point. The fights are too long.

If someone attacks him, can I then expect him to "eat brains" autonomously?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 5:19 AM
I wouldn't be sure, as I don't use the mod. May be worth skimming the MATY thread, though:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=6720.0

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 5:30 AM
I wouldn't be sure, as I don't use the mod. May be worth skimming the MATY thread, though:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=6720.0

I've read it through a few times now, nothing about how it works or what it really does in the game. That's why I was hoping someone who's played with it might be around here.

My zombie has won a couple fights now with his son, but he still doesn't eat brains. In fact, he's twice died of hunger and was saved by exiting.... hm. Well, however this works, if it depends on sitting through loads of fight clouds, which are starting to happen now, well... maybe I should try vampires. Still interested, though, if anyone has experience with it working well.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 5:33 AM
What happens if you set it to load last? Could be a conflict.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 5:51 AM
What happens if you set it to load last? Could be a conflict.

HDCU doesn't find one. I don't have anything else to affect fighting or zombies. And it's loading last. I think it's there. I just don't know how it's supposed to work.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 11:01 AM
How did you make your zombie? If you used Inge's teleporter cat or the Simblender, your zombie won't be aggressive, no matter how you change his stats--they never were for me, at least. The only method I ever got to work was to create a regular Sim, then kill him off by whatever method you like. Then call up Death and offer him $1000 (the lowest offer he'll accept) to bring him back. Death will bring back a proper zombie who will fight and eat brains and all that fun stuff.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:46 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 21st Mar 2018 at 6:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by quycksylver
How did you make your zombie? If you used Inge's teleporter cat or the Simblender, your zombie won't be aggressive, no matter how you change his stats--they never were for me, at least. The only method I ever got to work was to create a regular Sim, then kill him off by whatever method you like. Then call up Death and offer him $1000 (the lowest offer he'll accept) to bring him back. Death will bring back a proper zombie who will fight and eat brains and all that fun stuff.

I used the Transformer. If I create a Zombie in the regular way, is he going to create aggressive zombies? Because, again, that's a pretty tedious apocalypse, isn't it? This zombie keeps dying of starvation, maybe I can have Death bring him back.

UPDATE: In the end, I realized that the way thefightclub works isn't for me, it's too slow to watch for my taste. I'm looking for something that will autonomously take over the hood (leaving children only), the way a virus or, supposedly, a zombie apocalypse would. I'm now looking into vampires since they already autonomously turn others.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 6:49 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:07 AM.
Default Solved It!
Bumping, rather than editing, because it's been a while, and others may want to know that I found a solution I like.

UPDATED UPDATE: I decided that, before thinking of vampires, I'd give zombies one more try, so I'm documenting here in case others might be interested in a hood that gets over-run with zombies but without long fights that affect the rest of the sims as well. After a good deal of experimentation, I have a personalized tweak of Pescado's zombieapoc (apologies to the Most Awesome) that causes adults and teens to succumb quickly to the rampant zombie virus while kids are untouched. Zombie Zero moves into the hood and it begins. This Zombie was created with the batbox from a completely random CAS sim, but I doubt it matters.

I edited a line of the "Eat Brains" set of BHAVs to skip the loop that calls on thefightclub (I first just put the zombie file in without fightclub just to see if it would throw an error alone. It doesn't, but fight loops go on, possibly, forever, so I skipped the loop and now "eat brain" fights end quickly, as I would expect with a zombie attack - normal fights are unchanged). If the zombie wins (random 50/50?), the attacked victim turns into a zombie immediately.

I wanted this to happen autonomously, so I made the "eat brains" in the Pie Menu autonomous. I upped the advertising quite high for most motives (without this an angry zombie will attack but may often choose regular fighting or poking and it may take a while to get around to eating brains). EDIT: I've toned this down now to advertise the needs I don't want to see them fill otherwise, meaning, I don't want to see zombies go to the bathroom or bathe or eat much, so those are advertised. Those are filled as well as some others so it works well. So, now, the zombie does not need to be enemies or furious (I experimented with that, too), because eating brains advertises for other motives, like hungry. The zombie gets hungry or whatever, attacks the innocent, sometimes wins, turns a zombie. They then both go on their merry way as zombies.

In my test hood, after Zombie Zero took out Victim Zero, the Innocents moved in next door. Didn't take long before the zombies were hungry and went to welcome their neighbors to the hood. Was absolutely hilarious when little Daughter Innocent came home from her first day at school to find her parents, brother, and neighbors all zombified in her house. She did look a bit surprised for a minute, then proceeded to pull out the water balloons.
Alchemist
#11 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 7:38 PM
@Sunrader, I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner! Yeah, fightclub can get a little annoying because of its length; the way it works is that fights go through rounds. The number of body points and experience in fights help determine who wins the rounds and then whomever wins the most rounds wins the fight.

I have both zombie apoc and fight club in my game, and though I haven't had zombies around in a while, the mod works fine. It seems to me that quycksylver is right, that the method you use to turn your sim into a zombie affected the mod behavior, as the zombies in my game had no problem going after others, and didn't need to be in a bad mood or even particularly hungry. The action was already autonomous and, while it did take some time, half the dorm (the dormie half, as the playable half had enough body points to defend themselves) was zombified.

I would have to test to be 100% positive, but I do think the sim transformer was the culprit, as, in my experience, sims turned into zombies with it don't exhibit all the proper zombie behavior, etc. I think it has to do with how the transformer turns sims into zombies and how it's able to cure sims of zombiism, but again, can't be 100% sure cuz it has been a loooong time since I've experimented with zombies and would have to research and test.

Either way, I'm glad you found a solution that works for you!

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 8:51 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 21st Mar 2018 at 9:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Sunrader, I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner! Yeah, fightclub can get a little annoying because of its length; the way it works is that fights go through rounds. The number of body points and experience in fights help determine who wins the rounds and then whomever wins the most rounds wins the fight.

I have both zombie apoc and fight club in my game, and though I haven't had zombies around in a while, the mod works fine. ...
Either way, I'm glad you found a solution that works for you!

@Phantomknight. Thanks! Oh, I'm sure it works as advertised (pun!), I just didn't care for the length of the fights, but, more importantly, it seemed like it made all my sims fight, zombie or not, but I may be wrong about that. I'm the kind who fast forwards through battle scenes, and I really just wanted to see how long it would take the "virus" to spread and what it would be like with only children left, so, yeah, this works for now.

In the fresh file of zombieapoc, downloaded today, that I looked at in SimPE, the "eat brains" on the Pie Menu was not autonomous (64) and had no advertising at all, so maybe something from another BHAV called it or it just works in some way I don't know (I'd lay money on that), instead? I'd guess the autonomous long fights result in the state change (they do), but the zombie only "eats brains" from that menu under player-direction? I don't know enough to know what I don't know. Now the zombie is choosing to eat brains without thefightclub installed and I'm sure it's from this menu, because the sim behavior changes when I edit it.

As for the transformer, you are probably right. I'm afraid I didn't strictly follow the scientific method in my testing :P. I changed out the transformer when people thought it might be the problem, but I didn't keep other variables the same. I'll try it again with my setup just out of curiosity... stay tuned....

Back to your regularly scheduled... ok, I tested it properly. Completely new, empty hood, two new random CAS sims on a 1x1 lot with a new tiny house that I use standardly from the bin and the transformer. I transformed Zombie Zero to a zombie as soon as we entered the lot. With this tweaked version (no idea with the original), it works the same way as the batbox, except we get zombie skin immediately: The Zombie "eats brains" by attacking the victim as soon as he "needs" anything that is advertised, pretty much everything. The fights are, I assume, 50/50, win/lose. When zombie wins, the victim turns. This one took the zombie three tries to win. Now there are two zombies.

Do you know why batbox doesn't change the skin? I was ok with that, but after exiting and coming back to the hood/lot, in the original test, the skin had changed on my batbox zombie. I didn't expect that. Does that always happen?
Alchemist
#13 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 9:24 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure about the skin changes; I think the skin changed right away when I was testing zombie apocalypse. For fight odds, well, in a vanilla game it's all about body points most of the time and the sim with the higher body points should always win, but there might be a tiny bit of randomness in there. Fight club on the other hand adds prior fights to the mix (sims with fight experience are more likely to win) along with the body points and doesn't let zombies win all the time; it definitely gives normal sims an edge. So, yeah, those mods are about the slow takeover, I guess, .

But otherwise, it sounds like Zombie apocalypse was working correctly in your test, so it might be that you either had a conflict or a load order issue. Your sim was able to autonomously Eat Brains?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Alchemist
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 9:38 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure about the skin changes; I think the skin changed right away when I was testing zombie apocalypse. For fight odds, well, in a vanilla game it's all about body points most of the time and the sim with the higher body points should always win, but there might be a tiny bit of randomness in there. Fight club on the other hand adds prior fights to the mix (sims with fight experience are more likely to win) along with the body points and doesn't let zombies win all the time; it definitely gives normal sims an edge. So, yeah, those mods are about the slow takeover, I guess, .

But otherwise, it sounds like Zombie apocalypse was working correctly in your test, so it might be that you either had a conflict or a load order issue. Your sim was able to autonomously Eat Brains?

There may have been a conflict between the original combination of fightclub/zombieapoc and transformer, but I would think that a conflict between those would be well-known. Still, I don't know.

The thing is that Pescado says that zombieapoc requires fightclub, so people use them together, naturally. If they don't, the fights will go on, probably, indefinitely, so I just set out to try to make it work without fightclub, and this seems to, so far.

In my version, with the tweaked zombieapoc and no fightclub installed, yes, my zombies autonomously eat brains, have a brief but respectable fight, win some and lose others. When they win, the victim becomes a zombie. It doesn't matter if I make the original zombie with the batbox or the transformer and doesn't matter if the zombie has any relationship, good or bad, with the victim. I'm all about making my games run autonomously, so... yeah, eating brains and turning zombies is autonomous and quicker now.

Body points probably do mitigate the chances on the fight, but these new CAS sims don't have any, so maybe they are evenly matched? I know how fight club works and it makes sense if you are making a hood where fights and battles are important, but from my tests, the zombies, apparently, won't win all the time without it either. They will, however, attack again, so some sims better learn to autonomously run way.
Alchemist
#15 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 10:39 PM
Normal sim to normal sim (with the same # of body points) are evenly matched, yes, but I think zombie sim to normal sim (with the same body points) gives an edge to the normal sim. I remember reading somewhere that normals have better odds so that zombiism isn't a sure thing, but not so much better that they won't turn at all.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 11:03 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:10 AM.
Normal sim to normal sim (with the same # of body points) are evenly matched, yes, but I think zombie sim to normal sim (with the same body points) gives an edge to the normal sim. I remember reading somewhere that normals have better odds so that zombiism isn't a sure thing, but not so much better that they won't turn at all.

That will make it more interesting.

UPDATED UPDATE:

I'm still testing. I've got a household of 8 that added a clone of the gypsy matchmaker and Rod Humble when they walked by, because why not? There is just one child among them. In about one sim day, all have become zombies starting when the neighbors next door came by to welcome the new sims. Just as the last one turned, the child started fretting in obvious distress. On further inspection, he's upset because he's not having any fun! OMG! I sure am. This is hilarious!

I meant to save the last unturned teen to take care of the child, but I didn't get to her fast enough. Oops.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
That will make it more interesting.

UPDATED UPDATE:

I'm still testing. I've got a household of 8 that added a clone of the gypsy matchmaker and Rod Humble when they walked by, because why not? There is just one child among them. In about one sim day, all have become zombies starting when the neighbors next door came by to welcome the new sims. Just as the last one turned, the child started fretting in obvious distress. On further inspection, he's upset because he's not having any fun! OMG! I sure am. This is hilarious!

I meant to save the last unturned teen to take care of the child, but I didn't get to her fast enough. Oops.

UPDATIER UPDATE for Googlers of Zombie Play

Still running murderous tests in my sandbox hood. I've now added a few more tweaks to zombieapoc to make the turned zombies have the personality and skills I want for them. I've experimented and am currently going with bottomed out all skills except body, but I may up mechanical or something if it seems it might help them be more dangerous. I also am experimenting with personality so no more nice/neat/playful zombies, but they are all maxed out on active/outgoing. I, originally, made them 100% grouchy but that does not have the effect I want because that makes them fight with each other, which is good to a degree, but it makes them more likely to choose the regular fight action, not the eat brains, and there's quite enough fight clouds in the hood already, so I'm going to up that to 2 or so and see if it works better. As it is, though, once everyone edible is a zombie, they begin to act like normal happy polite simmies and that looks a bit weird, so I'm still tweaking so that doesn't spoil the rampage. Btw, originally, I was careful to start with clean sims and lots, but now I can cure and turn them back and forth and it works fine for tests. "Ron" Humble has been turned numerous times.

I'd like to lower their body temperature upon turning as well because I think it might make them more likely to get sick and I'm going to try Realistic Sickness on them. Ultimately, my idea is to set up a race against time. The zombies will turn all the adults and teens pretty quickly. The children need to find a way to kill them, or cure them, I guess, though I don't see how, before they age into teens themselves and become the next victims. Poor little simmy kids. Right now, they are just enjoying summer vacation eating snow cones at the Widespot Community Pool, no idea that their world will be soon be turned upside down.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 12:45 AM
Can zombies actually get sick? I think they might be immune due to being undead.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 2:24 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 18th Apr 2018 at 1:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Can zombies actually get sick? I think they might be immune due to being undead.

I think that I read over on MATY that they can, and that they die like regular sims. More testing, then, I guess.
EDIT: I tested. They can get sick and die from it. I added Real Sickness and they die at a reasonable rate. I also tweaked further to make them go cold upon becoming zombie, but I'm not sure they stay that way long enough to make a difference. Maybe if it were winter.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:24 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 23rd Mar 2019 at 11:50 PM.
Default A final list of what I did here to make a nearly autonomous Zombie Apocalypse
The Zombie Apocalypse To Do List

As with my Better Babies Bundle, after a lot of tweaking and experimenting, I've had good luck satisfying my desire for a fun, and nearly autonomous, apocalypse, with a cocktail of mods and some personal tweaking:

I used the Sim Transformer for testing to turn the first zombie. (I pretended a computer virus jumped to humans from one of Rod Humble's computers. Poor Rod - he feels really bad for causing the demise of humanity.) I did experiment with other methods, and it does not matter what method you use to turn the first zombie. As far as this is concerned, they are all the same. EDIT: I have since modified one version of this to be a fountain because I liked the idea of it sitting in a deserted cemetery being able to cure zombies if they found it.

I experimented a lot and came up with this. It worked the way I wanted it to. I tweaked Pescado's Zombieapoc as discussed above in several ways. In BHAV Interaction - Person A - Fight, 1) I skipped the fight loop to eliminate the requirement for thefightclub (we don't want everyone fighting, just zombies attacking). This stops fights lasting forever when thefightclub is mssing, fights are acceptable lengths and appear to be 50/50 who wins, body points do not matter. 2) I changed the "eat brains" Pie Menu item to be autonomous, 3) added maximum 0064 advertising to "eat brains" for hunger, hygiene, and bladder because we don't want to see our zombies eating, bathing, etc., but we do want them interacting, otherwise. 4) made the action of eating brains actually fill all zombie needs if they win the fight, because if they lose you want them to try again. Changed BHAV Zombie Apocalypse - Infect Sim B to remove all skills in the new zombie sim except to maximize body skills, to make them immediately go cold (doesn't last long but looks cool), and change their personalities to 100% active and outgoing, zero everything else.

EDIT: I have not done all the things that MTS requires of uploads and still don't know if MATY would approve or not, but people have asked to see this, so I've uploaded it to SFS through my tumblr. Not so dire WARNING: This is global and zombies will take over rapidly. It's perfectly safe if you only have zombies in one hood and plan for that hood to be taken over. The mod can't do anything at all unless you have a zombie to start with, so other hoods will not be affected. The transformer can cure everyone afterward if you want to. I play with UC.

I used Squinge's NeverWatchFights because cheering a zombie attack is dumb.

I used Realistic Sickness and zombies do die in all the same ways that other sims do, plus sick sims coughing and vomiting during an apocalypse? Sure!

Children cannot be turned into zombies and will not be attacked. Can your child keep his adult safe? If not, better get that Little Baker out! I have modded out the social worker with Simlogical's mod and have Kids & Pets Unattended as well. EDIT: Some say both of these are not needed, and that seems to be true, so I've since removed nowelfare from my downloads.

Zombies cannot interrupt activities that sims generally can't, so they will not have much luck turning sims who are sitting around reading in a library. While standing there groaning is somewhat amusing, ultimately, this looks dumb when they faint from hunger, so you may want to avoid such a situation. If anyone makes a mod that allows the zombies to interrupt usually non-interruptible activities or can tell me how to do that, it would be nice to know, but, honestly, they are quite dangerous enough. A hood can turn very quickly. It's great fun!

Zombies will still play nicely with their children and once everyone is a zombie, there is a limping blue calm over everything as they all go back to playing hacky sack and chatting on the front lawn. However, as children age into teens, they will become endangered as well. Pretty scary, huh?

UPDATE: Find the mod and idea for the Dead Simple Zombie Apocalypse Challenge on my Simblr.
Scholar
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 3:41 AM
So...unless you know how to edit a mod you're screwed?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#22 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 3:53 AM
I've seen plenty of people use the mod successfully without any editing. It probably didn't work here because of the artificial method of creating the zombie.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 12:38 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 7th Oct 2018 at 12:14 PM.
@Kestrellyn, as far as I could see in the file, there was no way it could work autonomously without editing. It is set to be non-autonomous. [Edit: I've rechecked the original downloaded from MATY this morning. Still non-autonomous.] Also, it requires thefightclub, which seemed to make everyone in the hood prone to more fighting, not just the zombies, which is not what I wanted. Without fightclub, the fights will go on indefinitely, so, to do what I wanted, it had to be edited. Also, I wanted to manipulate the motive deprivation that would cause the zombies to attack and I wanted to manipulate the personalities and skills of sims who turned into zombies. All the ways of making the zombie had the same result in testing. Ideas that people suggested about zombies needing to be grouchy or have bad relationships make the zombie fight, of course, but do not make them eat brains. The normal fight/attack action does not lead to the BHAV that turns other sims into zombies, only the non-autonomous eat brains action does that. [EDIT: This is why you don't want to make the zombies enemies with other sims, because they will choose to attack in the normal way, instead of eating brains.] In any case, only the first zombie was transformed, all others were made through zombieapoc.

Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
So...unless you know how to edit a mod you're screwed?

@DezzyBoo, I wouldn't mind sharing it, but it was done for my own personal play and I don't know if Pescado would approve sharing it. If you agree with Kestrellyn, though, then try the normal mod with thefightclub. Maybe it will do what you want in your play.

EDIT: For future readers, after this point, the thread rather went off on a tangent. The important info if you want to know how I made it work is above in post #20.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:51 PM
I have thefightclub and I haven't noticed an in ordinate amount of autonomous fighting. Also, thefightclub fights are only long when both sims fighting are unskilled. As soon as a sim starts winning fights (or becomes a werewolf, etc) and the battledskill disparity is significant the fights resolve much faster.

Also, someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe socials are handled by controllers and thus it's unimportant whether or not it's marked autonomous in a TTAB somewhere.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:55 PM
Seeing Denise Jacquet and Dora Ottomas get into fisticuffs at a community lot after I installed thefightclub pretty much ensured that I'd keep the mod in. It was hilarious!

Page 1 of 2