Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luxford
The only thing I don't like in this case is that they made it its own SP that was purely focused on laundry. I didn't follow the process EA went through that lead to laundry day being a thing, the whole fan poll and all, but I think a lot of people were made to believe the pack would include more eco-friendly things and not JUST laundry.

That's EA for you. We say we'd want X, Y and Z in a SP/EP, they give us X, usually in a slightly different form, plus a lot of junk nobody really asked for. Then they (after 2 years) make a separate SP from Y including only the bare minimum, and forget entirely about Z. It's one of the reasons I'm not too happy about TS4 - too many stuffpacks hardly worth the prize. I know the SPs have more or less taken the place of the Store sets, but still...

Anyway, I'm a bit meh about the whole laundry thing. It's nice enough, and would allow for more storytelling opportunities, but it's not something I feel I must have. Laundry is annoying enough in real life.

Quote: Originally posted by luxford
I heard that there's a barber shop in LA that also functions as a bar. I have no idea how that works or how it's even practical but it apparently exists.

Doesn't sound like a very good idea. Sounds like a hairy business, and I hope they keep top hygiene, 'cause I'd not like hair in my drink/food.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 9:48 PM
Well, I didn't buy the pack because I find it boring - wasn't bothered about it in TS3 either. I just find the eco living concept wasted potential. I liked a lot of the other ideas they suggested; someone posted a list of the concepts they were brainstorming under the general theme and it included stuff like nudism, soap making, glass blowing and other really cool stuff. We don't even have an eco-friendly trait... I think the theme was far too broad for just one stuff pack.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:14 AM
I would take glass-blowing any day over laundry, which should have been included in base game already. There is so little content overall in The Sims 4 so it almost seems like we must be grateful for whatever we got from EA, even something as basic as laundry. After nearly 4 years, we still do not have seasons, university, witches and fairies, farm animals, swimming in the ocean, boat or any vehicle...
Instructor
#29 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:54 PM
1. it should have never been it's own pack
2. WTF is eco-friendly about Laundry...it'd be more eco-friendly to be dirty all the time.

(Also I'm team rat and I hate hamsters cause they kill rats)
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:58 PM
We don't even have custom lake tool and terrain tools... I don't even know if we should expect the ocean swimming or anything at all beyond seasons (which I'm positive is next EP or GP) and university (I hope they don't miss out on this opportunity).

About laundry... It's nice that it's optional, but having a whole pack around it, when it was included in sims 3 as an optional feature of multiple packs (university, ambitions, town life) makes sims 4 all the more obvious cashgrab.
It's not boring, it's just a minor feature for those who are oriented towards micro-managing gameplay, not worthy of having it's own pack. At least it's a stuffpack, but that's how sims 4 works. Cut the minor interesting features that were part of previous expansions or basegame gameplay to sell them in separate small packs, one by one.

Hey, something has to replace The Sims Store, but in this case it's a 'store' with essential items broken down from the overall, base, feature-complete gameplay experience that are then sold separately. That's why I have problem with laundry day, or most of other packs for Sims 4. I won't even talk about that last one... ugh.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 2:10 PM
urg...at least TS3 Store tried to be original with their sets, with TS4 expansions and game packs, it's recolors recolors everywhere

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrumpySuzy
urg...at least TS3 Store tried to be original with their sets, with TS4 expansions and game packs, it's recolors recolors everywhere

* Creates a folder for "Recycled Content" and plots that image in it, just for my amusement *
Page 2 of 2