Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandi Greenwood
Sorry but I cannot stop fangirling premades.

This thread has zero to do with premade Sims so your obsession with them is totally off topic here. This post is about the use of store paid content in lots.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 10:47 PM
Am I the only one who can't see any of Sandi's posts in this thread (there isn't even a 'post deleted' marker) or did something make that happen at some point after everyone responded to them?

(Also am I the only one who half suspected a Kaiko sockpuppet when they read those posts? Obsessed with different sims, but otherwise, they read near identically...)

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 10:58 PM
Scholar
#29 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
(Also am I the only one who half suspected a Kaiko sockpuppet when they read those posts? Obsessed with different sims, but otherwise, they read near identically...)

i'm 99% she is kaiko.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#30 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 12:23 AM

Well I suspect many of us more-than-half-suspected it. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's so fucking obvious that it's almost funny.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#32 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 2:15 PM
Oh my god clearly I should learn to trust my instincts.

Wow. Okay then.

Also, Kaiko/Sandi/whatever we're calling you, I'm autistic too! And I have ADHD. And yet I still manage to stay on topic and not spam forums with special interest related topics that get little to no response. You've been given lots of warnings about your behaviour at this point, it's getting really old, and I am too tired for this shit.

jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
#33 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 2:39 PM
Okay, cool, so we've figured out that everyone here (myself included, in all certainty) has some sort of socio-developmental disorder and yet Kaiko is still the only one who's spamming her shit.
So is that a valid excuse? No, I would say it very much isn't.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#35 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandi Greenwood
It is not caused by autism. It was caused by pathological obsession.

Except the Sandi\Jade thing. I was pretending, but they're my fave sims indeed.

Oh my god, maybe I'm not actually autistic, and what everyone thought was caused by autism, is just my being sometimes too lazy to do non-susany stuff and having this mega thirst.

This thread is about lot building and NOT you! As said, take this to your social groups. Enough is enough.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:41 PM
I couldn't care less what it was caused by. It's annoying. Go do it somewhere else. Go do it anywhere else, as long as it's not here.
Like Daisylee said, this thread isn't about you. Neither is this forum. Never was, never will be. You're free to post about your Sims in an appropriate context, in an appropriate amount. So play along, or piss off.

insert signature here
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#37 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 8:36 PM
Everyone, you can report off-topic posts, and add people who annoy you to your ignore list.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 10:55 AM
would there be some value in @Ladygonzo changing the thread title, or would that just confuse everyone who's posted to it?

I'm just thinking that when it comes to keeping posts on-topic, a topic named "General Rant" must pose some challenges.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#40 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 12:14 PM
I'd just like to remind you all that there is an ignore feature, I find it quite useful myself.
Scholar
#41 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I'd just like to remind you all that there is an ignore feature, I find it quite useful myself.

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't like to use that kind of thing in case the user in question ever has an actually genuine question or useful comment, or otherwise makes some kind of effort to not be a pain in the ass. I guess I just want to have the ability to positively reinforce good behaviour, which I can't do if I can't see it.

Yeah, I'm a weirdo, I know.

jus nou drein jus daun
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#42 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 4:01 PM
I guess I just want to have the ability to positively reinforce good behaviour, which I can't do if I can't see it.

This particular person has already had at least two accounts that they have created banned from this site this week.

I can ignore one person when they create new accounts, and pretty soon the moderators deal with the accounts if necessary. However, when every thread is full of this person's spam and the responses of all the well meaning folks on here, it gets tiresome very quickly. Which is why I'm encouraging people to report and ignore, rather than respond.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 4:49 PM
Well I just want the ability to punch people through their computer screens, but you can't always get what you want.

insert signature here
Scholar
#44 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This particular person has already had at least two accounts that they have created banned from this site this week.

I can ignore one person when they create new accounts, and pretty soon the moderators deal with the accounts if necessary. However, when every thread is full of this person's spam and the responses of all the well meaning folks on here, it gets tiresome very quickly. Which is why I'm encouraging people to report and ignore, rather than respond.

Yeah, at this point an IP ban is probably in order.

jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
#45 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 6:47 PM
I'd say it's been in order for some time now. After the third account maybe? If you're truly lenient, wait until after the 4th one. After that though.....
Then again I don't run this site. So I'm not about to tell those who do how to do it.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 29th May 2018 at 6:21 PM
another epidemic of the infamous kaiko espurr mikkusu this time sandi frenchwood edition.

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 29th May 2018 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rikerbabe
Love some of the Mansions and such, but my complaint is that although the creators can create any way they want to but there are some who can not afford to buy simpoints for various items used in the constructions. I'm currently attending college and use Sims 3 as a means to relax after classes all day long. I'm on a STRICT budget and can't afford to buy simpoints to download things to finish up a Mansion or whatever I downloaded. I know this sounds petty but to me, it's not....

... The replacements might look silly or awkward, but it would help others out....

Many custom lots will function without the store content. The missing content will be usually replaced with BG content. It'll look weird--as stated--but you're not forced to buy the store items. The same could be said about lots with custom content too.

All I'm requesting is that when a designer builds a house or whatever, they have in place something that could be used instead of a store item or items requiring the points.

This may come off as rude, but I fail to see why others should have to accommodate you.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#48 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 4:20 PM
Thanks from all who responded...Perhaps the creator could suggest an alt to whatever he or she used from the Store that costs sim points...Anyway, I guess I'm not alone with having to skip on some of the most beautiful houses, etc that I've come across here. I don't have the time to download something and re-do it for my own use due to classes and taking care of my elderly parents....even though Game Design is one of the certifications I'm taking in college.....

<3

I haven't uploaded anything as yet as I was previous uploading to the dreaded *gasp* TSR. HOWEVER, I'm in the process of getting a lot submission ready and while I was cataloguing the CC and store content I used, this very issue occurred to me. I'd been using the l-shaped stairs from the Prism Art Studio and since it's too late in the game to manually build a staircase in it's place, I set about remodelling it using a half-landing CC staircase that is free. I want as many people to be able to enjoy my creations as possible, so just know you have a student-friendly creator here.

When I do get my backside round to uploading, I'll be making sure to list base-game alternatives to the EA build items used and will be making sure that any store items I use in future builds a non-essential/replaceable.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brunnis-2
I'd been using the l-shaped stairs from the Prism Art Studio

There's L-shaped stairs in the Prism Art Studio set?
Googles furiously

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#50 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
There's L-shaped stairs in the Prism Art Studio set?
Googles furiously

There sure is. They're not the most attractive stairs you'll see, but they do exist.
Page 2 of 3