Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#26 Old 5th May 2018 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Maybe I should upload here what I have over there...what's worth it anyway. lol (one default..for the rest, it is old and it sucks.)
If only I knew how to take everything down! I just checked, and cannot find a way to remove my stuff.

From when I last tried, you can't - once you upload to T$R it's all theirs apparently - it might have been changed since then. Like a fool, early on in the game cycle I uploaded stuff there (not too much stuff). I ended up changing my username to something like effoffthomas and left it at that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 5th May 2018 at 3:30 PM
oh i never go to TSR i don't like much of the stuff there and the ads make me terrified of getting a virus

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#28 Old 5th May 2018 at 3:35 PM Last edited by HarVee : 5th May 2018 at 3:51 PM.
I was just on TSR yesterday and didn't have this issue. TSR Ad skipper for Chrome skips the countdown and ad blocker popups allowing me to effectively block TSR's advertisements using uBlock origin and gain instant download access to files. No wait time.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#29 Old 5th May 2018 at 5:44 PM Last edited by gazania : 6th May 2018 at 3:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Personally I like to use TSR-Freemium when I download there. It emulates the features that subscribers get by paying a monthly subscription. It makes downloading content on there so much faster and it skips all that wait time https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18938-tsr-freemium. I had just tested it out by clicking on the download button and it still works like a charm.

Works far better than my cumbersome but still-effective measure! Thank you!

I have no idea why some people have no problem and not others. I have the usual skippers/adblocks that many use. The AdSkipper no longer works for me, and uBlock never worked. Admittedly, though, I used it some time ago (I tried it before trying AdSkipper, so it WAS some time ago), and it might have been massively updated since then. AdSkipper worked a few weeks ago; not now. But I feel better knowing there are at least three options left. That will at least buy some time before TSR attempts to counteract those.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Inventor
#30 Old 5th May 2018 at 5:46 PM
I've downloaded a few things off of TSR in the past, mainly hairs, but I would have the hassle of dealing with a 10-second wait screen followed by a 60-second screen. Fortunately I would use Sims 2 as the time saver while waiting, and then I can download the items without anymore delays. After reading this I'm glad I got what I needed there; I'll stick with getting downloads here or elsewhere.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th May 2018 at 8:00 PM
Nope, that one doesn't work for me, either. It's fine, really. As I said I usually never go there. I don't know what it works for some and not others as Gazania said. If it works for you, my suggestion is shop around and get what you want.

The truth is it's probably just a better idea to forget that site even exists.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#32 Old 5th May 2018 at 8:10 PM
I probably would have forgotten that it exists, except it had what I needed for a previous building competition (and lots of those too ).
Scholar
#33 Old 5th May 2018 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Nope, that one doesn't work for me, either. It's fine, really. As I said I usually never go there. I don't know what it works for some and not others as Gazania said. If it works for you, my suggestion is shop around and get what you want.

The truth is it's probably just a better idea to forget that site even exists.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the script doesn't load up for me either but as soon as I refresh the page it starts working again. I guess i'm just really lucky.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 5th May 2018 at 11:55 PM
I would forget it exists if it didn't have things I have searched and failed to find elsewhere, as Justpetro said.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 6th May 2018 at 10:26 AM
I don't use an ad-blocker at all, but I still find TSR is often painfully slow. It's supposed to make me wait for 10 seconds to let me look at the adverts, but it will often hang for ages during that "10 seconds", so I never get to see the ad at all (even if I wanted to!). It's certainly one of the slowest Sims sites that I ever visit, but personally I find the Wikia Sims Wiki even slower. (And I can choose not to go to TSR, but it's much harder to avoid the wiki -- slow and erratic though it is, it's often the best source of information on Sims 2 matters.)

I don't go to TSR very often --- maybe once or twice a year. I wonder how many people actually sign up for their "Premium" service. Quite apart from the dubious morality of paysites, it would make no sense at all for me -- $48 a year for a couple of downloads! You'd have to be downloading from the site every day for it to make any economic sense.

I have found some rubbish on the site, but I have got some very good stuff there too. Most notable are MsBarrows's formula fridges and some good athletic wear for elder males.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#36 Old 6th May 2018 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I don't use an ad-blocker at all, but I still find TSR is often painfully slow. It's supposed to make me wait for 10 seconds to let me look at the adverts, but it will often hang for ages during that "10 seconds", so I never get to see the ad at all (even if I wanted to!). It's certainly one of the slowest Sims sites that I ever visit, but personally I find the Wikia Sims Wiki even slower. (And I can choose not to go to TSR, but it's much harder to avoid the wiki -- slow and erratic though it is, it's often the best source of information on Sims 2 matters.)

I don't go to TSR very often --- maybe once or twice a year. I wonder how many people actually sign up for their "Premium" service. Quite apart from the dubious morality of paysites, it would make no sense at all for me -- $48 a year for a couple of downloads! You'd have to be downloading from the site every day for it to make any economic sense.

I have found some rubbish on the site, but I have got some very good stuff there too. Most notable are MsBarrows's formula fridges and some good athletic wear for elder males.

Besides that it seems like they had completely forgotten about Sims 2. I hadn't found anything uploaded after April 12 of last year not that there not that much worth downloading there anythings,a lot of them are low quality although I was able to find a few diamonds in the rough.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#37 Old 6th May 2018 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

It only needs a few to pay to make it worthwhile. Thomas was making a lot of money at the height of TS2. But I'd guess it's now TS4 stuff they focus on and paying for your CC is now apparently a thing again. I'd not DL from T$R at all except, as you say, there are some things that are worth having. CycloneSue posted there for one thing. I wish she hadn't but there it is.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 6th May 2018 at 5:20 PM
Well, I would have liked it if CycloneSue was on MTS too as well as some others But they are not and some of those creations rather unique and if you like building, it will be hard not too want them. So as much as anyone dislikes the site, or the site owner, I just feel that the actual creators - for whatever reason they chose to - who have posted and are still posting there should at least get credit for their awesome work.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#39 Old 6th May 2018 at 5:41 PM
I can't see that anyone is saying otherwise JP.

Mad Poster
#40 Old 6th May 2018 at 8:15 PM
Just a general remark, maxon - because I always feel bad for the creators when people are bashing the site (even though, from what I understand, the site does deserve some bashing)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#41 Old 6th May 2018 at 8:56 PM
I like Cyclone Sue's objects very much generally - so much so that I've gone to quite a lot of effort to get them in my game as I want them (they won't edit with Sim Cat for example). I don't think any of us think the site is the same as the creator (unless they're the site owner).

Instructor
#42 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:02 PM
Here TSR is slow to load, but when I click 'Download' the ten seconds count down in just 1 or 2 seconds and are downloaded just fine. Maybe the difference is that I not only use an adblock (uBlock), but also block adds and other not wanted stuff using the hosts file? It makes it almost worth using their site. Almost.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:32 PM
I love her stuff as well, @maxon. Perhaps I should have worded my post differently - I did not mean to imply anything there and sorry if it seems as if I did - and said something like: even if the site is slow and has adverts and is generally irritating, some creators are still worth it.
Page 2 of 2