Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Old Mill Tea Set Revamped

by SimTangerine Posted 7th May 2018 at 9:39 PM - Updated 15th May 2018 at 3:43 PM by SimTangerine

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th May 2018 at 10:11 PM
Oh my gosh! I love the Old Mill Tea Set, and I adore this mod!

It bothered me too that I couldn't serve tea to who I wanted. I kept trying to manipulate guests into being where they needed to be to actually sit and drink tea. This mod is sooo much better. It's a lifesaver. Love it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th May 2018 at 11:49 PM
OMG !!! Finaly somebody made it ! Thank you soooooooooooooooo much !!! Cant't wait to play again !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th May 2018 at 11:52 PM
Does it cost money even in a residential lot ?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th May 2018 at 12:08 AM Last edited by Butterbot : 8th May 2018 at 1:51 AM. Reason: Completeness
What a coincidence--I was just thinking about a mod like this last week. Thank you for saving me the work! In the same vein as the poster above, I'd love to know if the charging can be turned off on a case-by-case basis, because it would make sense for tea to be free at a resort that a sims has booked into, at home (because the tea set already costs money), or at other venues like shops or salons where complimentary beverages are sometimes offered.

Also, would it be possible to show full names and/or a portrait in the "Serve Tea With..." list? This would be useful on community lots and when trying to befriend new sims.

Looking forward to playing with this!
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th May 2018 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
I'd love to know if the charging can be turned off on a case-by-case basis, because it would make sense for tea to be free at a resort that a sims has booked into, at home (because the tea set already costs money), or at other venues like shops or salons where complimentary beverages are sometimes offered.

Also, would it be possible to show full names and/or a portrait in the Serve Tea With... list? This would be useful on community lots and when trying to befriend new sims

I wanted to ask the same things especialy for the portrait in the list, but my inglish is so bad so I just gave up
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th May 2018 at 1:58 AM
I will add some options for the money part, right now it costs money wherever you are. As for last name that part is easy but portrait may be a bit tricky. I'll give it a try.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th May 2018 at 2:19 AM
What an excellent revamp! Thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th May 2018 at 3:27 AM
Thanks!I was wanting this for a while.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th May 2018 at 4:09 AM
My favorite set from the store, now greatly improved. So many store sets have untapped potential. This is a wonderful improvement. Thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th May 2018 at 4:40 AM
Thank you this is great
Instructor
#12 Old 8th May 2018 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimTangerine
I will add some options for the money part, right now it costs money wherever you are. As for last name that part is easy but portrait may be a bit tricky. I'll give it a try.

Awesome to hear! Thanks for going the extra mile.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th May 2018 at 3:57 PM
I think I love you! As a simgoddess who thinks absolutely nothing in my miserable sims' lives should be free - I even charge grieving sim families when someone dies - this is awesome! Thank you so much for this lovely mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th May 2018 at 4:35 PM
Wonderful! Reading tea leaves will be so much fun! Thank you! :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th May 2018 at 7:53 PM
Cool mod, but it's possible to add STBL version for translation?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th May 2018 at 4:58 AM
Oh my gosh! This has to be the coolest mod I've seen in a while! Love it!
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th May 2018 at 6:52 AM
Good job! This is really nice! I would really love to have the option to not charge sims if they're at home. Will sims still use it autonomously?
Instructor
#18 Old 10th May 2018 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GabbyCakes
Will sims still use it autonomously?

Good question! I really hope so, since the tea set is very popular with autonomous sims usually and it's fun to see them use it by themselves.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th May 2018 at 8:21 AM
Thank you for this
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 11th May 2018 at 5:15 AM Last edited by KarinV : 12th May 2018 at 4:12 AM.
Default Thank You !!!
So needed ! Always hated that families could not sit together and have tea. Now I can host tea parties ! Awesome ! Thank you so very much. // Tested it today. Works amazingly. Again, than you so very much.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th May 2018 at 11:27 AM
Thank you for adding tea leaves -- bloody brilliant!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th May 2018 at 3:03 PM Last edited by SimTangerine : 15th May 2018 at 3:50 PM.
New version uploaded with portraits and configurable commercial and residential costs. Per instance is not possible as the object has nowhere to store this data.

Autonomous should work for 'make tea' and 'serve tea' interactions, I have ITUNs in there but I am not able to test that - would be great if someone can test and report back. The rest (read tea leaves and serve tea with) are not autonomous.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th May 2018 at 8:14 PM
Thank you for the updates
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th May 2018 at 11:08 PM
Been waiting eagerly for the new features. Thanks so much!
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th May 2018 at 8:22 AM
What wonderful feature additions
Page 1 of 2