Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2018 at 5:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Trouble with Sims 2 Double Deluxe
Installed Sims 2 Double Deluxe on my computer and then decided I would rather load with the exe file instead of launcher so I changed it in the icon. Wouldn't load, said I was loading the wrong version of Sims 2. So went back to the Launcher and it still won't load. Have used Spy Hunter, C Cleaner (on registry) and Herd Protect to make sure computer is fairly clean but still no luck. Also, I noticed it put two icons on my computer, one is Sims 2 Double Deluxe and the other is Sims 2 Store Edition. Both use exactly the same path and target and neither works. Original disc is in the drive.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th May 2018 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilverFox30
Installed Sims 2 Double Deluxe on my computer and then decided I would rather load with the exe file instead of launcher so I changed it in the icon. Wouldn't load, said I was loading the wrong version of Sims 2. So went back to the Launcher and it still won't load. Have used Spy Hunter, C Cleaner (on registry) and Herd Protect to make sure computer is fairly clean but still no luck. Also, I noticed it put two icons on my computer, one is Sims 2 Double Deluxe and the other is Sims 2 Store Edition. Both use exactly the same path and target and neither works. Original disc is in the drive.

Wanted to add, I am not using any other expansion or stuff packs, just the one disc.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2018 at 5:48 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 12th May 2018 at 6:01 PM.
If you have Store edition, then you must start your game with Store Edition exe.
I have all EP's and SP's, and Store Edition. I still start my game with it.
ETA
It might have put a S2C icon on your desktop, though it does not mean you have the Store installed. Do you?
To bypass the launcher, you must go to your game installation folder. Program File or Program Files(86)
Find the EA GAMES folder, and see what's in there. If what you've installed in a Bundle, you'll have Base folder which is the base game, and EP(number) which will be your latest.
You go to that latest EP folder, then tsBin, and you send the exe found there to your desktop.
Pic one shows what you see if you do have the store edition.
Pic 2 is a bundle,
pic 3 is the exe of your latest EP. For me, the only bundle I have is Deluxe. You have Double Deluxe, so it will show up a bit differently for you.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2018 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
If you have Store edition, then you must start your game with Store Edition exe.
I have all EP's and SP's, and Store Edition. I still start my game with it.
ETA
It might have put a S2C icon on your desktop, though it does not mean you have the Store installed. Do you?
To bypass the launcher, you must go to your game installation folder. Program File or Program Files(86)
Find the EA GAMES folder, and see what's in there. If what you've installed in a Bundle, you'll have Base folder which is the base game, and EP(number) which will be your latest.
You go to that latest EP folder, then tsBin, and you send the exe found there to your desktop.
Pic one shows what you see if you do have the store edition.
Pic 2 is a bundle,
pic 3 is the exe of your latest EP. For me, the only bundle I have is Deluxe. You have Double Deluxe, so it will show up a bit differently for you.

Thanks Rosebin, went to the directory and found the following... the main Sims 2 exe file, EP2 exe for Nightlife, a directory and exe file for SP4 and another called EP99 with an exe file called Sims2SC.exe This is the only one that worked. Finally was able to load the game. However, still have a major problem. Went to highest resolution and not as high as I would like but OK, however, it seems that the cars and people will move about 2 or 3 seconds and then stop 2 or 3 seconds. Running the game on another computer, side by side, not quite as good a computer but have the main game and 29 hoods plus a lot of sub hoods and all the expansion packs except Pets. On that one cars run continuously except occasionally they seem to fall in a hole. Sims move continuously. checked the graphics settings on both computers and they are set the same but still 2 to 3 seconds on and 2 to 3 seconds off on the Double Deluxe. Any ideas ???
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th May 2018 at 2:38 AM
Default Trouble with Deluxe
Quote: Originally posted by SilverFox30
Thanks Rosebin, went to the directory and found the following... the main Sims 2 exe file, EP2 exe for Nightlife, a directory and exe file for SP4 and another called EP99 with an exe file called Sims2SC.exe This is the only one that worked. Finally was able to load the game. However, still have a major problem. Went to highest resolution and not as high as I would like but OK, however, it seems that the cars and people will move about 2 or 3 seconds and then stop 2 or 3 seconds. Running the game on another computer, side by side, not quite as good a computer but have the main game and 29 hoods plus a lot of sub hoods and all the expansion packs except Pets. On that one cars run continuously except occasionally they seem to fall in a hole. Sims move continuously. checked the graphics settings on both computers and they are set the same but still 2 to 3 seconds on and 2 to 3 seconds off on the Double Deluxe. Any ideas ???

Sorry ROSEBINE, guess I was going to put you in a BIN.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th May 2018 at 2:42 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 13th May 2018 at 2:57 AM.
Ahahah! No trouble. I cannot expect people to read it in something else than English...it makes me laugh as well, and bine in french is pronounce the same as bin in English! (even though they mean different things)So..no worries there. It is an old nickname my big sister gave me, when I was very small. She thought I had a cute little bine(face)
As for your other issue..I could not tell, I am sorry. but at least now, you can load your game, right?
ETA
If I can advise you though, I'd say..if you ever plan on re installing more EP's or SP's but don't have them all, grab the UC and install that instead. The Store Edition really have only one good advantage, and it is the same as the UC aka : start the game with its .exe.
Meaning, you won't scratch your M&G DVD or else, by needing it. Besides that, there is no point in having the Store Edition and, it is not compatible with the UC. So you'd need to choose between Store and UC. The Neighborhoods you'd start with the Store Edition, won't be compatible with anyone else not having the Store, or the UC.
I have the UC sitting in my Origin, but since I already have everything Sims 2, I stick with it.
Otherwise, I would not keep it.
So as you wish.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th May 2018 at 2:59 AM
Default Trouble with Deluxe
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Ahahah! No trouble. I cannot expect people to read it in something else than English...it makes me laugh as well, and bine in french is pronounce the same as bin in English! (even though they mean different things)So..no worries there. It is an old nickname my big sister gave me, when I was very small. She thought I had a cute little bine(face)
As for your other issue..I could not tell, I am sorry. but at least now, you can load your game, right?

Think I have it solved, checked my CCleaner and it was monitoring the computer continuously, turned it off and seems to have solved the problem. What I don't understand is that it is turned on on the other computer that worked OK. Also, not sure if this is Double Deluxe or the Store Edition, it is called the Store Edition in a number of places but that isn't mentioned on the disc or the cover.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th May 2018 at 3:11 AM
I went to check, and the difference between your Double Deluxe and my Deluxe, is the Celebration pack. It is included in your bundle. In mine, there is only the base game plus Nightlife.
One other thing..I got the Store Edition because i downloaded it off EA, when it was hot, many years ago. You seems to have it piggyback in your bundle...
I heard about EP99, being the Store, but *I* don't see EP99 in any of my settings. This is probably why.