Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2018 at 5:05 PM Last edited by Kankritty : 31st May 2018 at 1:05 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default No portraiture, spinning on spot
My Oldies have lost their portraitures and they're constantly spinning on the spot. Why, I don't know. I can't make them do anything, either.
Not sure if it's a connected issue but on the same day I built a lot and saved it, but then it reverted as though I never built it at all. I'm pretty aware of the causes of corruption and have definitely not saved with Humble or ghosts on the lot, or people on the phone recently.

EDIT: I updated and repaired the game through Origin and they've become unstuck.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd May 2018 at 5:25 PM
Spinning tends to mean they're in an infinite loop of errors. It's probably a mod or a set of mods that don't agree with each other or some of your other downloads. If you activate "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" you'll get an error message and an error log which may help in finding the issue. If it happened recently, take out your most recently added mods to see if that fixes it. If not, you can try to run the HDCU.
Alchemist
#3 Old 22nd May 2018 at 10:40 PM
the Logs folder in the My Documents directory contains all messages. filename would probably contain "ObjectError".

lot reverting back after a save; some chance that the lot's file is set to "Read Only".