Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 5:31 AM
Default "Crappy GUID" Issue?
Hi! So I have just downloaded some new expansion packs, and some new CC, and it has caused issues in my game. I'm hoping that someone more experienced can help me root out the source of the problem.
Right now I have downloaded:
- TS2 basegame
- University
- Nightlife
- Seasons
- "Best of Business Collection" (OFB, H&M Fashion Stuff, Kitchen & Bath Stuff)
- "Fun With Pets Collection" (Pets, Mansion & Garden Stuff, Family Fun Stuff)
- Bon Voyage
On a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 10.
When I load my game, it runs as "The Sims 2 Store Edition".

Now every time I load a family, each Sim (even visiting Sims, not just playable!) display this "crappy GUID" error. For some reason I'm having a really hard time attaching my screenshot, but my example says word-for-word:

Object Error An error occured in object "N003_User00669 - Isadora" #345,
Error: You sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it.
Problem executing script (SocialTestConstants): Run-time:
Object Error running script!
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'GetNumConstantsWithGuid'
(none): in function 'SocialTestConstants'

The stack trace is saved in "C:/Users/Sage/Documents/EA/Games/The Sims 2/Logs/ObjectError_N003_t2050.txt".

So far I have tried:
  • Running the program "as administrator" instead of just regularly. No noticeable difference.
  • Loading lots with boolprop cheats turned on, also turned off. Neither seems to make a difference.
  • Running SimPE and disabling all items with duplicate GUIDs. This seemed to work temporarily, but I was pretty distressed by the fact that it turned 3/4 of my game into flashing blue shapes. Not sure if it's a permanent fix or temporary.
  • It's worth noting that this issue affects all families/lots, both predating my newest batch of downloads and those created after.
  • This issue renders my game practically unusable since the alert pops up every couple of seconds even after clicking cancel or reset.

So, has anyone more experienced ever had this issue and been able to solve it? I'm hoping to track down the specific piece of CC or coding that is causing an issue, instead of disabling many pieces, because I just spent several days building and decorating a whole portion of my neighborhood that wasn't having any issues until I moved families into them.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give; please don't hesitate to ask if there's any more information you need from my end! I'm really hoping to get this solved soon, considering I just sunk a bunch of time and money into a now unusable game

Thank you!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 7:06 AM
Definitely a CC issue; could be to do with something you've removed, for example a career that was in use.

This may help:
Game Help:Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 5:08 PM
The problem is almost certainly a social interaction. That error is most likely coming from the global op-code 'Social - Interaction - TEST - guid in T0 & T1 - adv adj'. The GUID is supposed to be sent via temps 0 and 1 so something is either overriding a default social test and altering the temps or you have an incompatible social interaction mod. Most likely to be a default override because very few mods use that test.
There's not enough of the error log there to give more detail.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 6:49 PM
You need to upload an error log file so one of the modders can tell what the problem is.

Go to Documents > The Sims 2 > logs and look for the file mentioned in your error message (C:/Users/Sage/Documents/EA/Games/The Sims 2/Logs/ObjectError_N003_t2050.txt). Either attach this file to your post or copy and paste the text from it under a spoiler tag (these are usually very large files).

Here's how you make a spoiler tag:

Screenshots