Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:58 PM
Default How To: Seasonal Occupation
As stated in my Epic(er) Sim Life Span thread, I have changed the maximum length of seasons, and attempted to change the maximum lifespan (still working on that last one) so that a year is a full 365 Sim Days. This brings about an interesting idea;

Is it possible to determine when an occupation is active and inactive? For example, I want Child and Teen Sims to not have to go to school during the Summer.

Using the NRaas Tempest mod, I made weather "Profiles" for each month of the year. This is done my setting the days that each profile is active from the start and end of the season. For example, I have set "December" to be from 1 to 31 of Winter (I know, this is not entirely accurate, but it works). Perhaps there could be a way (or maybe with a mod) to set an occupation, such as school, to be active or inactive between certain days of seasons as well?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:35 AM
Does no one have any ideas on this? I looked around in gameplay.package as well as with NRaas Careers and Zerbu, but didn't have any luck.
Basically what I want to do is disable the School and Education careers during Summer season, or if possible, during 14:-11 Summer season
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 1:03 PM
So I guess I'll try answer your question but again idk if it'll work for you cuz you play on the epicest settings :D
You can try this if you have nraas story progression: City Hall/computer NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Careers > Options:School > Summer Off
Site Helper
#4 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:13 PM
it should work for school... I would be somewhat surprised if that option wasn't coded to be something like "Is it Summer today? Yes= no school. No=School as normal."
But I don't know if it would work to give teachers the summer off.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:11 PM
I've given sims days off their jobs with Master Controller when it was snowing too hard for them to get to work safely in Deery Meadows in the 17th century winters and just made it part of the story that their shifts got cancelled by the weather as roads got closed to vehicles for the season.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kastalia
So I guess I'll try answer your question but again idk if it'll work for you cuz you play on the epicest settings :D
You can try this if you have nraas story progression: City Hall/computer NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Careers > Options:School > Summer Off

Thank you. I think it works. Due to how long seasons I have, I still had 77 days until summer and didn't want to wait that entire time, so I forced summer on Thursday. My teen's and child's "career" page showed that school starts in 10 hours, but when 8AM came about, it changed to "starts in 3 days". I am curious if on Monday morning it will simply say "starts in 1 day". Maybe what happens is something like school tries to start as usual, but NRaas goes "is it summer?" Finds that it is, then tells the school "nope!"

Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I've given sims days off their jobs with Master Controller when it was snowing too hard for them to get to work safely in Deery Meadows in the 17th century winters and just made it part of the story that their shifts got cancelled by the weather as roads got closed to vehicles for the season.

Interesting idea, but do you have to do that every day, or can you set a range of days that repeats every "year"?
I don't want a per-day basis thing, as summer 92 days long in my game.