Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#51 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:55 PM
Makes me think now, how disastrous would be a Dance Party be, since the DJ booth is out in the open, if you hover your mouse cursor on other electronics it 'says electronics do not work in the rain, or thereabouts.

Wondering if there's any way to know the current weather conditions on other worlds without having to visit them to find out?
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:55 PM Last edited by bassoon_crazy : 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Just when to the GeekCon Festival in the rain, it was useless there is no undercover shelter anywhere, all computers, gaming console, and TV were broken (blowing sparks), i'm presuming it's because they are wet from the rain.

FInding it's rains far too much in the summer, now I can only wait until long 2 weeks until I go again.

That's actually really interesting because from my understanding (I don't know that I've ever tested it in TS3 Seasons, now that I think about it) in past The Sims games, objects were never actually effected by the weather in any way, shape or form (aside from snow visually accumulating on them when being in it). Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I know that at least in TS2 Seasons it didn't seem to be the case. (I think I'm going to pop up TS3 right now and see)

Another unexpected attention to detail in a game where I least expected it.

EDIT: I can verify, there seems to be no effect on electronics with weather in TS3.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#53 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:09 PM
My first impressions are pretty good but I still have tons of stuff yet to discover. But so far I'm happy. I like that traits are taken into consideration with holiday traditions. For instance, Loner sims having a grayed out icon for giving flowers on Love Day saying that it's a tradition they ignore.
Instructor
#54 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:57 PM
I saw some more footage of water balloon fights, which I assume will be similar to snowball fights, and my last criticism stands... why do Sims just stand around? They don't look like they're having fun at all.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:41 PM
I tried the game.

I may need to take out certain mods until an update is made for the custom plants and the UI mods. It interacted quite a bit with the calendar.

But I love how the Writch-Olsen house switched to their warm weather clothes on a heat wave day.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Forum Resident
#56 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andru
I saw some more footage of water balloon fights, which I assume will be similar to snowball fights, and my last criticism stands... why do Sims just stand around? They don't look like they're having fun at all.
Unfortunately it's the typical problem with TS4 - Sims stand around and do nothing, then play musical chairs or run around in circles and when they finally are ready to interact with another Sim they don't even face them. And as soon as a new interaction starts the cycle repeats
The snowball fights do look pathetic. I've only seen 2 or 3 videos, but I guess it's not a coincidence that it looks the same in all of them
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:03 PM
I've only made it through summer and fall so far but overall I enjoy the expansion. I'm disappointed about the lack of swimwear for toddlers.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
AHHHHHH

I'm so excited - I want to have a club where the members hang out at the roller rink in summer!
Instructor
#59 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Unfortunately it's the typical problem with TS4 - Sims stand around and do nothing, then play musical chairs or run around in circles and when they finally are ready to interact with another Sim they don't even face them. And as soon as a new interaction starts the cycle repeats
The snowball fights do look pathetic. I've only seen 2 or 3 videos, but I guess it's not a coincidence that it looks the same in all of them

I recall them saying in the live stream that Sims will take cover behind objects, I haven't seen that yet, and really doubt it happens since they just stand there and throw balloons/snowballs randomly, very very slowly.
dodgy builder
#60 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:22 PM
I built a big house with 3 floors, normal regular roofs and an atrium room in the middle. My sims complained about rain indoors and ran to one of the rooms with only 1 floor when it started raining. This was a problem in 3 as well, but I think not this much. It was raining and snowing in very cfe'ed houses, which with how this 4 works, sounds like totally natural.

I also have far more rain in this game than I appreciate. I tried the machine once, but since I suspect it's random, I haven't tried it more.

For documentasion I attach my floorplan.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#61 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:58 PM
There's snowing effects in Oasis Springs.... really? Not rain, snow. No snow is accumulating tho and it's labeled "sun snow". Still. Kinda lazy.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andru
I recall them saying in the live stream that Sims will take cover behind objects, I haven't seen that yet, and really doubt it happens since they just stand there and throw balloons/snowballs randomly, very very slowly.
Yes! I noticed that too! I was wondering if they meant that as in "you can pretend they take cover", but they way they said it sounded like Sims will hide behind trees or something? If someone gets a picture, gif or video of it - Post it. Really curious about that as well.
Scholar
#63 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:10 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:20 AM.
I had Henry give Jade a "poor quality" flower arrangement ROMANTIC gift he just made. She was happy with it and gave him a rose (which I don't think was in her inventory but I could be wrong) and then this message which I thought was sweet:

Both became flirty. And woohood.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:18 AM
I had one of the kids in my family give her older brother a mean gift (it was dog poop) and the re gifted it to a girl he liked and it made her happy.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#65 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
That's actually really interesting because from my understanding (I don't know that I've ever tested it in TS3 Seasons, now that I think about it) in past The Sims games, objects were never actually effected by the weather in any way, shape or form (aside from snow visually accumulating on them when being in it). Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I know that at least in TS2 Seasons it didn't seem to be the case. (I think I'm going to pop up TS3 right now and see)

Another unexpected attention to detail in a game where I least expected it.

EDIT: I can verify, there seems to be no effect on electronics with weather in TS3.
Several outdoor objects in TS3 become unusable when the snow is too high, e.g. chess tables, playground equipment, but nothing breaks in rain or freezes in winter.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:57 AM
Fixed the conflicts.

Set up Festivus on the day before Winterfest.

Truth be told, I have an uncle who celebrates Festivus. This is the same uncle who watches sci-fi media but can't suspend his disbeliefs when it comes to the show Phineas and Ferb.

The Festivus in my game naturally has Airing of Grievances, which leads to knock-down, drag-out fighting, resolutions and storytelling.

Sounds very much like the last time I stayed with Grandma Virginia before her passing.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#67 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Several outdoor objects in TS3 become unusable when the snow is too high, e.g. chess tables, playground equipment, but nothing breaks in rain or freezes in winter.

Ah, you're right. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't interacted with those objects much in my time of playing TS3. That's a shame because the playground equipment is super neat for kids, but I've just never had a park or anywhere with them to take my sim kids. I really need to change that!

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Forum Resident
#68 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:28 AM
I'm not getting much of a chance to play around with the features because I've been getting the simulation lag problem to the point where it's practically unplayable. I keep having to use cheats to raise their motives back up because the lag is preventing me from fixing any of their needs. I saw there's a mod on here for it but I'm not sure if it works with the latest patch.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#69 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Ah, you're right. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't interacted with those objects much in my time of playing TS3. That's a shame because the playground equipment is super neat for kids, but I've just never had a park or anywhere with them to take my sim kids. I really need to change that!
As long as you don't do it while it's still winter, because, you know, the snow can become quite high, so high that you might loose your infants and not find them anymore - a real problem that, thankfully, the creators of TS4 have taken care of
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:06 AM Last edited by NekoMimi : 25th Jun 2018 at 3:46 AM.
Its a mixed bag for me so far. I like being able to make holidays and decorating and the new gardening stuff. What bothers me most is not being able to customize seasons length and order like Goldbear said. In sims 2, I had a town with a cool climate. The only seasons they had were fall and winter. I with I could do that in sims 4. I really dislike the sfx especially the snow. The big snowflakes look so low poly, and my settings are on ultra. I miss the festivals from sims 3, too. I plan on making lots for each of the seasonal festivals and making some of my holidays revolve around going there. It will take a while though because I'll have to make 4 different lots.

Edit: I was just poking around in sims 4 studio trying to make a custom holiday tradition when I noticed there are surprise holidays. I'm not sure if this is in the game or not, but they sound cool. Here are the ones I have found: lottery, pirate day, discount day, TV premiere, prank day, battle royal, night on the town, and skill day.

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Field Researcher
#71 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I love that my sims can declare their favorite weather and declare that which they hate. I had Henry declare hatred for snow, and when the first snow fell... he got angry! Also Patchy is in his house right now and he is so cute.

ETA: Henry's wife Jade declared her love of snow and his look was annoyed and they lost a little like for each other! BAHAHA so true. My friends and I are always arguing over my hatred of snow/their love of snow. (I'm Canadian so...)

How do you declare your favorite/hated weather? I've been looking for that interaction!
Scholar
#72 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
As long as you don't do it while it's still winter, because, you know, the snow can become quite high, so high that you might loose your infants and not find them anymore - a real problem that, thankfully, the creators of TS4 have taken care of

Indeed, I can't even count how many Sim babies have been lost to the cruel snow depth of The Sims 3 never to be seen again.

Lab Assistant
#73 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:20 AM Last edited by NekoMimi : 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by alan650
How do you declare your favorite/hated weather? I've been looking for that interaction!

It's under friendly. You can declare weather preference, hated weather, and temperature preference,

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Forum Resident
#74 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NekoMimi
Its a mixed bag for me so far. I like being able to make holidays and decorating and the new gardening stuff. What bothers me most is being able to customize seasons length and order like Goldbear said. In sims 2, I had a town with a cool climate. The only seasons they had were fall and winter. I with I could do that in sims 4. I really dislike the sfx especially the snow. The big snowflakes look so low poly, and my settings are on ultra. I miss the festivals from sims 3, too. I plan on making lots for each of the seasonal festivals and making some of my holidays revolve around going there. It will take a while though because I'll have to make 4 different lots.

Edit: I was just poking around in sims 4 studio trying to make a custom holiday tradition when I noticed there are surprise holidays. I'm not sure if this is in the game or not, but they sound cool. Here are the ones I have found: lottery, pirate day, discount day, TV premiere, prank day, battle royal, night on the town, and skill day.
Oh, I've only heard about lottery, tv premiere and prank day so far. Some of the other ones seems self-explanatory, but what would battle royal do?
Scholar
#75 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Yes! I noticed that too! I was wondering if they meant that as in "you can pretend they take cover", but they way they said it sounded like Sims will hide behind trees or something? If someone gets a picture, gif or video of it - Post it. Really curious about that as well.

Most likely, the SimGuru that said that thought they had added that, but knowing Maxis, they probably had to cut it because they didn't have time to finish it, or some similar explanation. If someone asks about it, they will probably say "my bad, it was not added".

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Page 3 of 9